1st haircut at MK barber shop anyone?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of trying this when I take my DS in Sept, he will turn 1 during our trip. Anyone else had any experience with it, do I need a reservation? Thanks for the info!:goodvibes

We did, though my daughter was well past 1. :) No reservations, you just show up and stand in line. Just check when you walk by to see if the line is short enough for you - they do move pretty quickly.

We had a wonderful woman named Billie. She did a great job on DDs hair, then got some props to take extra pictures. She even put a lock of DDs hair into a special little envelope. We got a certificate for first haircut, but I don't know if that's standard.....

Yep we did it with DD. You can't make a reservation. Just head to the barber shop first thing in the morning because the line does tend to get long as the day goes on. I think we waited about 20 minutes. The whole thing is really cute- they gave DD stickers (to keep her still), gave her a great cut (just a trim was all she needed), gave her a certificate stating it was her 1st haircut and gave her mouse ears that were embroidered "first haircut" on the back. The price was very reasonable- I think it was $14.00 but this was almost 2 1/2 years ago and I am not positive about that price. I know there are some threads on here about this because I have posted in them before.

I would definately recommend going to the Barber Shop! :) DD got her first haircut there back in 2004 and she talked about it for ages after!:goodvibes

We took our DGD for her first haircut; it was a lot of fun. They really treated her special, gave her lots of stickers, and took their time with her. I got to videotape it all. I made reservations today at the Poly to take my new little grandson, who will be one in September. Hope he has some hair by then!

I had our DS's first haircut there and I will never forget it. He was such a good boy! He was a few days before his first birthday. The barber's name was Billie. They put Mickey confetti in everyone's hair, he got a special certificate and ears that were embroidered with 'My First Haircut". What a memorable experience. It was very reasonable as well, considering the ears came with the cut. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

This sounds like so much fun! My mom will be very excited to do this with my ds. Does anyone have pictures to post? I am sure that they are soo cute! We are also going to the poly in sept and ds will be 1 as well, see you there!

We got my son's first haircut there...he was 9 mos. old (he's a hairy kid). We went at about 11:30 in the morning and only had to wait for one person in front of us. He was so busy with the stickers, he sat still for the whole cut. It wasn't the best haircut ever, but it's a memory we'll have forever.
firsthaircut.jpg

Here is my first attempt to post a picture....be kind to me!
wdwmay2005032-1.jpg

I love the pictures, sooo cute!!! I can't belive that my little guy (well not so little 3 months and 18lbs! lol) will be so big so soon!:goodvibes

how old do you have to be? My Dad is 49 can he do it?

Ok this is my first attempt at posting a picture. If it shows up, this is my little boy (10 months) this past Oct.
HPIM1541.jpg

Sooo cute!!! I love these pictures! Seems like a cute place to peak in even if you are not having a hair cut. Keep the pictures comming!

We've been three times since we had our Daughter, and got her hair cut each time. My husband even did it last time! It is one of our family traditions. :)

Here are some pictures from my Daughter's trips....

First was in 2003. She was 10 months old. It was her first haircut. She got ears and a certificate and they gave us a little paper thing with a lock of her hair:

haircutcertificate.jpg

haircut2.jpg

haircut10.jpg

We went back in October of 2005:

Older.jpg

older2.jpg

We back again in August of 2006:

oldest.jpg

oldest2.jpg

We just got our sons hair cut there on Monday. It was so cute. Only his dad or I have ever cut his hair. So this was his first time in a big chair. He did great. He's 4.5 They put confetti in his hair, and colored gel They even added some to DD's hair as well!!!
Yes, it was $14

I loved seeing Katie grow up. The pictures are adorable, keep them comming!

My sig pic is from May of 2006, DD had her first real haircut there (I had only previously trimmed her bangs at home) and they did an adorable "tinkerbell" do, as DD refers to it.

Honestly, I have to sit on her to comb her hair and she sat there perfectly still for cut and style. They are amazing!

We are taking DS for his first cut in Feb....he is getting pretty shaggy waiting! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter