1st DVC trip - car vs no car?

We have done rentals and busses lots.

We had our car for a trip with my parents at AKV and while I am a fan of disney transportation I was glad for a car one night.

We went up to WL to gawk at the lobby and took the boat over to contemporary for fireworks at TOWL.

As we were going up in the elevator DD (3) says she feels yucky and just make it to the bathroom before she throws up on everything.
I get her cleaned up, leave everyone else to watch the fireworks, hoof it to the boat grab the car, get to bay lake. I get everyone back to animal kingdom and take wife to the store to get some stuff for DD to feel better.

She had a mild case of dehydration and heat stroke even with staying cool and hydrating constantly.

We had a car one trip for a few days, took it back the day before we left to save some money ($51 a day including LDW for a suburban), then spent the last day getting on the wrong bus to the waterpark. Should have kept the car and read the bus schedules better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter