1st Disneyland visit

BC24

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Disneyland this summer in late July. Can any one give us some advice on the best place we can get tickets, and the best time to buy them. We are staying at the Best Western Mini Suites, and it will be myself, my wife, and our 4 boys, ages 10, 9, 7, and 5. We are planning 2 days with one at each park. Any suggestions as to if we should add a park hopper.

I personally just buy my tickets from the DL website, but I have read others on here that got good deals on websites.

YES to Park Hoppers. July is a busy time at the parks, but it will be especially busy with all the magic that is the 60th anniversary! I think the most important thing to realise is you will not get everything done and ridden you may want. To be realistic you should pick a handful of must do's in each park and aim for those first, then have plan B with the next most important things to you. Use FP when you can.

Have a magical time!

parkhopper will give you that head start in the morning when you enter Disneyland on a day with the letter "T". If you are visiting Sunday, Monday, then parkhopper of no value because you have no knowledge of the layout of the park, so best to stay in one park for the day and utilize your fastpass collection and plan meals, rest, train ride, shade and shows around the fastpass use.

If it was possible, I would opt for 3-day tickets over 2-day park hoppers. But if it's not possible (hotel stay, food costs, etc.), and the park hopper option is in your budget ($40 each), then it may be a good idea. It's nice to park hop, but can be exhausting. Your boys are older, but you've never been before and there is so much to do in each park that you don't really need to hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter