• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st day tour

PrincessAbby'sMom

DIS Veteran
Do they announce where to meet for a tour of the ship or is it a tour on your own thing?
I want to get acquainted on the ship, see the kids clubs & where the theaters are & restaurants are, etc.

They'll have scheduled tours posted on the Personal Navigator (daily schedule). You are also welcome to just roam around the ship....it's pretty user-friendly with all the signs, etc.

TinkBell10 said:
They'll have scheduled tours posted on the Personal Navigator (daily schedule). You are also welcome to just roam around the ship....it's pretty user-friendly with all the signs, etc.

Do you get day 1 Navigators when you board? And what do you recommend? Tour yourself, or take the tour?
We also don't want the entire afternoon taken up by following a tour either...

You will get the navigator when you check in at port.

I haven't been on a ship tour. But, I think it talks about the artwork through out the ship.

The last 2 cruises I went on, they had the Navigators available in the terminal. It was great to look at them while we waited on our boarding number to be called. Before that, they only gave out maps in the terminal, and you'd get the Navigator when you boarded. I hope they are still passing them out in the terminal...it really helps the time pass as you wait.

I've never done the guided tours. Every time cruise a new ship, we just walk around ourselves. It didn't take us the whole afternoon; maybe an hour or so.

PrincessAbby'sMom said:
Do they announce where to meet for a tour of the ship or is it a tour on your own thing?
I want to get acquainted on the ship, see the kids clubs & where the theaters are & restaurants are, etc.

We did the tour on the Magic and found it very informative. We will do it again when we sail the fantasy. The meeting place and time were in the navigator. I liked the tour because our guide gave us more useful information. For example how to look at the carpet design to tell if you were on an all cabins floor and which direction you were headed. The tour was about 45 mins and hit all the major sections of the ship.

PrettyPrincessJen said:
We did the tour on the Magic and found it very informative. We will do it again when we sail the fantasy. The meeting place and time were in the navigator. I liked the tour because our guide gave us more useful information. For example how to look at the carpet design to tell if you were on an all cabins floor and which direction you were headed. The tour was about 45 mins and hit all the major sections of the ship.

Good to know thanks!! Never would have known the carpet tells you where you are, what direction & all that...I think we may just take that tour! Will we have time for lunch first? Our port time is 12:30.

The 8-night out of Galveston navigators have the walking ship tour starting at 2:00 & 2:15, they start on deck 10. I'm planning to use that time to tour the kids' clubs though, hopefully we'll be able to find our way around on our own.

MiceFan said:
The 8-night out of Galveston navigators have the walking ship tour starting at 2:00 & 2:15, they start on deck 10. I'm planning to use that time to tour the kids' clubs though, hopefully we'll be able to find our way around on our own.

Wow... Your good! Or have I posted so many threads that you just know what Im sailing?

I may be wrong , but I think there are two different tours people are talking about in this thread.... There is the first day tour to get acquainted with the ship ( did not do this one) and then there is the Art of the Ship tour ( or dime name like that) and that is the one that talked about fun facts and the carpet designs and such- that tour was offered a couple times during my cruise in October on the Magic and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Again I THINK there are two different tours

PrincessAbby'sMom said:
Good to know thanks!! Never would have known the carpet tells you where you are, what direction & all that...I think we may just take that tour! Will we have time for lunch first? Our port time is 12:30.

Yes that should be fine, like the PP said they had several tours running frequently and many different times. We got on at 12 ate lunch, found our room, and then took the tour with lots of time to spare before the sail away party.

PrettyPrincessJen said:
Yes that should be fine, like the PP said they had several tours running frequently and many different times. We got on at 12 ate lunch, found our room, and then took the tour with lots of time to spare before the sail away party.

Awesome!!! Actually excited about the tour now!

MiceFan said:
We're doing the 8-nighter out of Galveston next month, I noticed it in your other posts :goodvibes

Cool, not that I will recognize you (or even see you as big as the ship is) but I will say Hi in spirit to you on the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter