1st cruise poll--when to do BBB?

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
So, we have 2 girls.. we have 1st dinner seating so 5:45 PM... This is what's available.. .what time(s) would you choose BBB?

1) Nassau Day-- But doing Blue Lagoon beach day which says it only goes until 2 pm but no idea when that means we get back to the ship? Times for BBB are 4:45 and 5:15. Dinner at 5:45. This is Halloween party night. But don't want to be rushed from BL to getting ready for dinner to dinner....

2) Castaway Day-- This is also Pirate Night. BBB (Pirates League) at 8:00 PM and 8:15 PM-- so after dinner. I thought I read pirate night festivities don't start until the fireworks at 9:45 and dance party is after this?

3) AT Sea Day-- BBB at 3:00 PM and 3:15 PM. Nothing planned this day except princess meet and greets are in the AM. Possible formal night but I hear most don't (a 4 night halloween cruise on Dream)

Help me decide!!! OR, no BBB at all.. they have done it 2x at Disney world.. just heard it was cool here walking down the main stairs and being announced.. OR, i thought the pirates one would be cool after dinner and they would have make up for pirates night.. help!

usually on a pirate night they only offer "pirate packages" and not princess packages. with such a short cruise, I would vote to skip BBB so you can explore the ship more. but if the girls must have BBB, then at sea day would be most relaxing day to do so.

I would definitely not do 8PM bookings. They'll get to enjoy the hairstyle for, like, half an hour before fireworks, then bed, and it'll be all mussed by morning.

On a 4 night Halloween cruise, I would skip BBB.

I'm thinking maybe skip BBB the entire cruise. Maybe 3:30 our at sea day, but they have done BBB twice before at DW.. so maybe more fun enjoying the ship? I liked the idea of doing it for the pirate night but sounds like they won't get enough time/ use out of it.. :/

If they've done it skip it. If there will time (due to their ages) to do it on a different trip skip it. 4 nights is so short. My daughter did it 4 years ago and I hadn't planned to have her do it again but we are going to a princess tea and I was able to get a spot 1.5 hours before. She'll be over the moon with the surprise. An ordinary cruise, I wouldn't bother.

I'd personally skip. go to the pool on sea day, then when you want to take a break from the pool grab an ice cream and some cold beverages, and get her a hair braid at the little kiosk if they have that going, they go by appointment(at least we did last time), or I think you can a braid at CC?

I'm thinking maybe skip BBB the entire cruise. Maybe 3:30 our at sea day, but they have done BBB twice before at DW.. so maybe more fun enjoying the ship? I liked the idea of doing it for the pirate night but sounds like they won't get enough time/ use out of it.. :/

I commented on your other post about doing a Pirates League makeover on pirate night. I think it's a perfect idea if u can get a 7:30pm appt and leave dinner a little early. Above poster is referring to a princess makeover when she talks about hair getting messed up. On Pirate Night, BBB transforms into the Pirate League, and it's a totally cool and different experience. I'm so happy we did it on Pirate Night. We then had photos taken with Pirate Mickey and Minnie. It was awesome.

If you do the pirate makeover, you really want to get it done BEFORE dinner.
Pirate "night" actually starts late afternoon when all the characters start coming out in their costumes.
That is when everyone else starts dressing up.

Those who dress up generally do so before dinner. If you wait until after dinner, you will have missed a lot of the "fun time to be dressed up."

We almost did the pirate makeovers, but surmised correctly that our kids would have rather had more pool time.

We usually book pirate night late afternoon. We brought our own costume did the makeover which was less than $50. They'd get tons of souvenirs and keep the lip gloss and nail polish. Very fun and economical way to do something different at BBb

We usually book pirate night late afternoon. We brought our own costume did the makeover which was less than $50. They'd get tons of souvenirs and keep the lip gloss and nail polish. Very fun and economical way to do something different at BBb

I agree! BBB on the ship for pirate night is a totally different experience I wouldn't want to miss!

So, we have 2 girls.. we have 1st dinner seating so 5:45 PM... This is what's available.. .what time(s) would you choose BBB?

1) Nassau Day-- But doing Blue Lagoon beach day which says it only goes until 2 pm but no idea when that means we get back to the ship? Times for BBB are 4:45 and 5:15. Dinner at 5:45. This is Halloween party night. But don't want to be rushed from BL to getting ready for dinner to dinner....

2) Castaway Day-- This is also Pirate Night. BBB (Pirates League) at 8:00 PM and 8:15 PM-- so after dinner. I thought I read pirate night festivities don't start until the fireworks at 9:45 and dance party is after this?

3) AT Sea Day-- BBB at 3:00 PM and 3:15 PM. Nothing planned this day except princess meet and greets are in the AM. Possible formal night but I hear most don't (a 4 night halloween cruise on Dream)

Help me decide!!! OR, no BBB at all.. they have done it 2x at Disney world.. just heard it was cool here walking down the main stairs and being announced.. OR, i thought the pirates one would be cool after dinner and they would have make up for pirates night.. help!
It depends on your dd's whether or not you do it. My dd was swooning when she saw the other girls all done up and with the sash. Had we not had an appt., it would have been MAJOR vacation disappointment. She'd gladly skip a pool day for it. But you know your girls best. If you do it, I'd do the sea day, only because she can wear it and a dress to dinner rather than it being either late or on Halloween (unless she's going as a princess). Also, they didn't announce dd's name on the ship. Is that unique to your ship? We were on the fantasy.

ETA: -Leo, we found that there were a lot more character greetings scheduled for just before and just after the main dinner seating on sea days and days with no other theme going on after dinner... so she could get some nice character photos while being done up.

It depends on your dd's whether or not you do it. My dd was swooning when she saw the other girls all done up and with the sash. Had we not had an appt., it would have been MAJOR vacation disappointment. She'd gladly skip a pool day for it. But you know your girls best. If you do it, I'd do the sea day, only because she can wear it and a dress to dinner rather than it being either late or on Halloween (unless she's going as a princess). Also, they didn't announce dd's name on the ship. Is that unique to your ship? We were on the fantasy.

ETA: -Leo, we found that there were a lot more character greetings scheduled for just before and just after the main dinner seating on sea days and days with no other theme going on after dinner... so she could get some nice character photos while being done up.
I agree with you! My DD5 is absolutely a girly girl and would absolutely rather do BBB then swim or go to a movie. I am planning to do BBB the afternoon of our sea day on our 4 night Dream. I know there will be so much to do on ship that we won't be able to do it all. However this is one of the experiences that my DD is looking forward to the most!!

I commented on your other post about doing a Pirates League makeover on pirate night. I think it's a perfect idea if u can get a 7:30pm appt and leave dinner a little early. Above poster is referring to a princess makeover when she talks about hair getting messed up. On Pirate Night, BBB transforms into the Pirate League, and it's a totally cool and different experience. I'm so happy we did it on Pirate Night. We then had photos taken with Pirate Mickey and Minnie. It was awesome.
thank you! unfortunately all i can get right now is 8 pm!

I would definitely not do 8PM bookings. They'll get to enjoy the hairstyle for, like, half an hour before fireworks, then bed, and it'll be all mussed by morning.

On a 4 night Halloween cruise, I would skip BBB.
I thought the fireworks were at 9:45 and the dance party goes until midnight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter