• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Christmas @ WDW

crimsontyde01

Earning My Ears
Will be spending 12/19/09-12/26/09 @ WDW, staying in FS @ ASM with DW48,DD20,DS15 and YT47. As this is the 1st Xmas would like Suggestions on:

Crowds
What day to go to what park
ADR's
Best meals on Christmas Day

Also any suggestions on trip and stay would be very helpful,
has been 10 yrs since we have been To WDW.

TIA

Well - on crowds ... it's going to be crowded ... the only thing I can tell you is get there as early ( i mean before the parks even OPEN) and get all the fast passes for the major ride and/or ride them. It's sure to be a magical time - but it's going to be crowded! On days to do what parks - I think they have that info in the Unofficial Guide to Disney (which I would suggest getting - just for the sake of getting it). You might also want to check out this link for lots of tips and tricks for Christmas -
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2233038

The crowds the first couple of days won't be too bad, but they will continually increase through Christmas. It isn't terrible if you go in with the right mindset. The the different guides for their crowd calendars and plan accordingly. I've used TGM and the UOG. You really just need to relax and enjoy the season. Disney is an incredible place to be over Christmas. Our first Christmas at WDW was in 2003. We just spent Christmas at Disneyland this past year. In 2003 we spent Christmas day at Epcot, did the Candlelight Processional and had dinner at Biergarten. Epcot was crowded that day, but it wasn't that bad. The general consensus is to avoid MK on Christmas day because that's where everyone else thinks they really want to be. It usually reaches capacity before noon. Whatever you do, just relax, have a great time and enjoy being in Disney over Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter