• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Bday Minnie AND Mickey Birthday Eats and Treats

TwinMamaTastic

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I am currently planning my boy/girl twins birthday. Because I want to keep it as easy and gender neutral as possible, I am keeping the color scheme red, black, and white. I am trying to figure out what to serve for food and snacks. So far the list of goodies I have come up with is:

-Minnie/Mickey Cake Pops (Probably the most time consuming treat of all, but too cute to pass up)
-Cookies in the shape of Mickey (not sure what to use to make 1/2 of them look like Minnie with a bow.... any ideas?)
-Rice Krispie treats in the shape of Mickey with the ears dipped in chocolate (same problem as above with the bow)
-Chocolate covered pretzels drizzled with red and white chocolate
-Marshmellow sticks dipped in red and black sugar
-Cupcakes.... not sure how Im going to decorate these yet, as I have found TONS of ideas. (Im doing 2 small smash cakes, and cupcakes for the guests. No big cake.)

If you have any ideas for REAL food, please let me know, and also any more ideas for treats.

Part of the problem is I need fast and semi-easy. My husband will be deployed and I will pretty much be doing it all on my own during naptimes and bedtimes, LOL! Any help and ideas are appreciated! TIA

I would check a chocolate store for bow molds and see about making those to add onto the mickey items to make them minnie. You can get red chocolate there as well to make them. I would think they would have those kinds of molds.

How about a cheese and cracker tray set out as the mice's favorite food, another easy appetizer type food would be cheese sticks- since you can buy them premade and just heat them.

Are you wanting to do a meal or more appetizer type food?

Rebecca

I would check a chocolate store for bow molds and see about making those to add onto the mickey items to make them minnie. You can get red chocolate there as well to make them. I would think they would have those kinds of molds.

How about a cheese and cracker tray set out as the mice's favorite food, another easy appetizer type food would be cheese sticks- since you can buy them premade and just heat them.

Are you wanting to do a meal or more appetizer type food?

Rebecca

I went into a specialty candy store today and asked if they had ANYTHING that could be used as a bow. Either bow candies, molds, or the hearts that Ive seen some people use 2 of to make look like a bow. He didnt have anything. So I jumped on handy ebay and found some molds. Thank-you for the idea! I never even thought of that :yay:

Im looking at doing more finger food and appetizer type things. The cheese tray is a great idea. Pretty easy, since I have a cheese slicer. I dont think I'll do the cheese sticks, because I rented a neighborhood clubhouse and have no way to heat them there or keep it heated.

Thank-you for your great ideas, I really appreciate it.

Glad I could help. I will think a bit more about appetizers that are cold so they fit your needs and try to post a few more ideas.

Rebecca

For my son's 1st b.day, we had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party. We served fun finger foods: cheese (of course), mini hotdogs (for the hotdog song), a fruit bowl with colorful fruit (strawberries, watermelon, green grapes, kiwi, pineapple, etc), mickey shaped pretzels and mickey shaped cheese crackers, star shaped sandwiches which if you have a mickey shaped cookie cutter can be mickey shaped too.

Hope this helps...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter