1BR at Vero?

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
Do the 1BR units have ocean views? We will be going in Feb. with our family of 4, which includes my 2 teens. Do they have cots available there? Will we really be tight for room? We don't have enough pts. for a 2br, but really want to try Vero. Any suggestions as to view/location?

As far as I know, at least one window in every 1BR at Vero faces the ocean..

The major trick is to get a room on one of the upper floors... This will increase your chances of being able to actually see the ocean...

For a great view of the ocean, I definately recommend lunch on the porch of the Green Cabin Room... The view is awesome, and the burgers can't be beat! :teeth:

You'll have plenty of room in a 1 bed ( I presume the teens will share the living room to sleep in? ) . Instead of a cot you might consider an air matress and a sleeping bag. IMHO they boys are likely to be better with one of these. I don't think Disney would supply an extra bed (cot) to the room.

An alternate choice might be to get two inn rooms, that way the teens get one room and you get the other. If they are anything like my teens you don't want to share a bathroom or eat anywhere near where they've been sleeping :o LOL I'm certain you can get connecting rooms if you want to keep a closer eye on them.

Thanks for the tips. We'll be sure to try for a higher level villa and will definitely try the Green Cabin Room/

Originally posted by vernon
An alternate choice might be to get two inn rooms,
Thanks for the suggestions, Vernon, however we really wanted a kitchen as to be able to cook some meals. My DS will be 15 when we go and my DD is 16. Looks like it might just be girls in one room, boys in the other.

I'd go for the 1 BR if you plan on cooking but I'd sure get the air mattress and put the kids in the living room. We have a twin air mattress that inflates in just a minute and deflates very quickly and folds up nicely into it's carrying case. You may find them on sale this time of the year as many places are closing out on their camping supplies. Our DD sleeps on it and doesn't mind at all. I've even laid on it before and been surprised at how comfortable it is.

We had a 1bdrm at Vero for our June trip and our balcony faced the ocean. We were on the ground floor in Bldng.15 ( sorry cannot recall the exact room #) so being on the ground floor we could not actually see the ocean due to the hedges and stuff but I'm sure the 1bdrms above us must have had a nice view of the ocean since they were above the hedges - not sure how good the 2nd floors view would've been but the 3rd floor probably had a fantastic view.

We intended to bring down a twin aerobed but forgot it at home. We asked housekeeping for an "eggcrate mattress" and sheets and blankets. What it is is a foam eggrate mattress topper. We put it over the couch cushions on the floor. It made an OK bed in a pinch. However, we won't ever forget the aero again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter