• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1986 Disneyland Ticket

dtnrhi

DIS Veteran
A friend recently found a golden Disneyland ticket at a yard sale and gave it to me as a gift. It is from 1986, and from what I can tell, is still valid for admission. The bottom part is still attached and there is no expiration date.

EDIT: Photo wasn't linking correctly, can be found HERE.

Should I use it for admission, or is it worth more as a collectors item at this point? It's nearly 30 years old!

awesome .. I think tickets cost like $20 bucks back then , and those where given out at random ... nice score .. a day at the park and a collectable :thumbsup2

That's pretty cool. We still have our tickets (used of course), from 1987. The cost then was $39 for two day adult. They are in a shadow box we have hanging on the wall that we just keep adding Disney trip mementos to. So if you're not a collecting type person, and since they weren't yours personally I'd check and see if they're usable, or maybe they'll give you a credit. I mean if they let you use em, that's worth $99 bucks or so right!? Doubt you could get that on ebay!

That's pretty cool. We still have our tickets (used of course), from 1987. The cost then was $39 for two day adult. They are in a shadow box we have hanging on the wall that we just keep adding Disney trip mementos to. So if you're not a collecting type person, and since they weren't yours personally I'd check and see if they're usable, or maybe they'll give you a credit. I mean if they let you use em, that's worth $99 bucks or so right!? Doubt you could get that on ebay!

Awesome! It is still valid. It has everything attached, and is good for admission to Disneyland only. We will be taking a trip within the next year, so I will decide if I use it then or hold on to it. It may be worth it to hang on to just for the fact that with rising prices, it will appreciate at about 4% a year - much more than I could get on $100 cash in a bank yearly! And it will never expire!

Only spent $20 on it, so it was a pretty good deal, and a pretty cool find! :cool1:

I have one too that I received myself from Disneyland. I never used it and it is still valid. It's dated March 18th 1986. It's in perfect condition, not even a bent corner. I wish I could post a picture!

I have one too that I received myself from Disneyland. I never used it and it is still valid. It's dated March 18th 1986. It's in perfect condition, not even a bent corner. I wish I could post a picture!

Here we go... Posting a picture of the back of the ticket next.

WOW!!!

SO WICKED COOL!!!

So Disney actually was using the word "Passport" back then!!!

Thanks for sharing with us, OP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter