1956 Family Vacation video!

That was awesome. Thanks for posting it! I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Thank you for posting!

I loved getting to see how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

Wow. It's funny to see how much the world has changed since then. What a fun video!

Loved it!!! I never discovered Disneyland till 1999 and can't get enough of it since! It was amazing to see how much had stayed the same and how much other parts had changed! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you for sharing that!

My parents were in DL for their honeymoon shortly after that video was made, so it was nice to see what it would have been like for them.

DH and I agree with a PP, it's amazing how much is changed yet how much is exactly the same!

I wonder how same/different it will be again in another 60 years? It seems like things change faster these days than they did back then.

The family had an engaging sense of humor!

Knotts Berry Farm was surprisingly crowded. It shows that crowded theme parks aren't new.

The Huntington Sheraton was quite stately. Is that building still around?

I was surprised that the family didn't dress up for the plane trip. Most men wore a business suit for plane travel until around 1970, and ladies wore heels and hats and sometimes white gloves.

The family had an engaging sense of humor!

Knotts Berry Farm was surprisingly crowded. It shows that crowded theme parks aren't new.

The Huntington Sheraton was quite stately. Is that building still around?

I was surprised that the family didn't dress up for the plane trip. Most men wore a business suit for plane travel until around 1970, and ladies wore heels and hats and sometimes white gloves.

I found this http://pasadena.langhamhotels.com/index.html, which I think is the same hotel with a new name. It mentions that it was the Huntington and has been around for 100 years. Sure is beautiful! I'd never heard of it before.

I think the family didn't dress up because they were wearing their "Davy Crocket jackets," lol. Doesn't go well with a business suit! When I was a kid, we always dressed up to fly and also to go to DL. I had to wear a dress to DL until I was about 13 (I was born in 1956).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter