1900 Park Fare too girly for dinner?

Wthrasher80

Earning My Ears
My family is arriving for our Disney trip on Monday, April 6th. We wanted to do a character dinner (not in a theme park) that night but couldn't get anything other than 1900 Park Fare. We have 2 boys (ages 5 & 18 months), so I would rather have gotten Garden Grove, Chef Mickey's, or Backyard BBQ, but no luck! I think they will still enjoy Park Fare, but don't want it to be too girly! Any advise?

We love 1900 Park Fare! Out of all the character meals that feature a princess I would say this is the least girly. I think at 1900 the stepsisters are the stars of the show rather than Cinderella. I've seen many great interactions between the stepsisters and boys (even more than girls). They're still on the lookout for their princes! I think they would enjoy it. It's definitely not in your face princess like Cinderella's Royal Table is!

My family is arriving for our Disney trip on Monday, April 6th. We wanted to do a character dinner (not in a theme park) that night but couldn't get anything other than 1900 Park Fare. We have 2 boys (ages 5 & 18 months), so I would rather have gotten Garden Grove, Chef Mickey's, or Backyard BBQ, but no luck! I think they will still enjoy Park Fare, but don't want it to be too girly! Any advise?
I love 1900 park Faire! It is such a fun character meal. The characters you will see there are Cinderella, prince charming, lady Tremaine and the two stepsisters. I do not think its too girly! Maybe your boys will be into seeing the prince, and the sisters re always a riot!!! They love to pay special attention to boys there! It's always so cute!!! I say go for it, I thin it will be a nice memorize for your family.

have fun!

The last time we were at 1900 Park Fare we were with a group. Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters were hilarious with the boys in our group. I think they will enjoy it

we keep wanting to try this with our 2 teen boys, but afraid of the same thing... being overly princessy. They still love Disney but are over all the in your face princess stuff. The food is good though??

I recently made an ADR for what will be our third dinner at 1900 Park Fare later this summer. My DS is 13, my DD is early 20s. During our first visit, my DS was 10 then, and worked up the courage to waltz with Cinderella (who knew he could waltz?!?!). Well, it was the highlight of his night, and yes, as his dad, I was jealous. As others have said, the real "stars" of this dinner are the Tremaine ladies (mother & 2 daughters). The food is fine, and we never felt it too "girly." Try it, you'll be glad you did.

For us, the character interaction was really with the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine who are very funny and not "princess-y" at all. They appealed to my kids and that is why we chose to do the dinner over other character meal options.

There was a little royal flair when Cinderella and the prince came out and one of my DDs was chosen to dance with them. I would not say its "girly" especially since your boys are so young. They would probably be thrilled to dance with Cinderella and act out being a handsome prince.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter