1900 Park Fare or Tusker House?

mich723

Earning My Ears
My friend and I will be using the dining plan and we just made all of our reservations for our trip this summer.

We'll be doing some character meals and one of those reservations is for 1900 Park Fare breakfast. I ate there last year and had a blast, my friend has not eaten there. Our first choice was to do Chef Mickeys for that morning but the only reservation is for 7 a.m., we both agreed that's too early.

I was thinking though to cancel 1900 Park Fare and do Tusker House breakfast a couple days later instead when we go to Animal Kingdom. My reasoning behind it is the characters. We meet Alice, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, etc. at 1900 Park Fare, but the very next morning we'll be doing Crystal Palace and meeting Pooh and friends again.

I do like the food at 1900 Park Fare, but I don't know about the food at Tusker House. I've never really eaten any African influenced meals, but for breakfast I wouldn't think it'd be that bad. But I would like a different variation on characters.

So to choose one: 1900 Park Fare or Tusker House? Which would be better in this scenario? Thanks for any advice. :)

My choice would be Tusker House. Especially if those characters are the ones you're most interested I'm meeting. The breakfast is traditional fare.

My friend and I will be using the dining plan and we just made all of our reservations for our trip this summer.

We'll be doing some character meals and one of those reservations is for 1900 Park Fare breakfast. I ate there last year and had a blast, my friend has not eaten there. Our first choice was to do Chef Mickeys for that morning but the only reservation is for 7 a.m., we both agreed that's too early.

I was thinking though to cancel 1900 Park Fare and do Tusker House breakfast a couple days later instead when we go to Animal Kingdom. My reasoning behind it is the characters. We meet Alice, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, etc. at 1900 Park Fare, but the very next morning we'll be doing Crystal Palace and meeting Pooh and friends again.

I do like the food at 1900 Park Fare, but I don't know about the food at Tusker House. I've never really eaten any African influenced meals, but for breakfast I wouldn't think it'd be that bad. But I would like a different variation on characters.

So to choose one: 1900 Park Fare or Tusker House? Which would be better in this scenario? Thanks for any advice. :)

Tusker House has the best breakfast buffet in my opinion.

The breakfast is traditional fare.

Read the menu for the Tusker House breakfast it has some waffles, bacon, eggs etc., but it is far from traditional!:confused3 Not sure how you missed all the African influenced fare!

Tusker House, they always have food for the more traditional eater and if your feel like it you could try something different. The characters are great and so is the food. I would definitely try it.

Exactly! They do have traditional items but there's an African flare for sure!
Tinky624 said:
Read the menu for the Tusker House breakfast it has some waffles, bacon, eggs etc., but it is far from traditional!:confused3 Not sure how you missed all the African influenced fare!

Yes!!
jadelane1 said:
Tusker House, they always have food for the more traditional eater and if your feel like it you could try something different. The characters are great and so is the food. I would definitely try it.

I love tusker. Food is great and characters are cute.

Tinky624 said:

We eaten breakfast there before. I didn't encounter anything that I felt was untraditional.

We are actually doing both and neither for the characters.. We are just 2 adults.. We love the lobster egg benedicts at 1900 and my husband is a donut fiend so we made the TH ADR..lol

We do 1900 so that I can see Mary Poppins. Love her!!!

I've had two bad experiences at Tusker House so I'm giving it a rest for a while.

we did both places last year for breakfast and loved them both. We love, love, love Mary Poppins and Alice!! The food was fabulous at the Tusker house for breakfast too and we would definitely go back again!!!
:thumbsup2

Breakfast at tusker house was like anyother Breakfast, Same food that u will find anywhere else..... If its the different array of characters do that one ...if its for the food do 1900 park fare.. love that place

We have not tried 1900 Park Fare yet, but we did do Tusker House on our last trip. I have to say it was the best breakfast buffet and best character interaction we experienced on the entire trip. The food was excellent, so much to choose from.

We are going back again on our next trip!

Tusker House is by far my favorite character meal on property, and definitely the best breakfast. Plus, I like to get the earliest possible time, to eat and get KS in before the long waits.

Honestly, I would drop CP and keep both 1900 and TH. I find the buffet so much more navigable at 1900 and the food is better than CP, plus you basically see all of the same Pooh characters (we saw Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore) plus the other Brit Lit characters. TH is awesome - great atmosphere and you can find typical breakfast fare there as well.

We did both Tusker and 1900 breakfasts last week. In my opinion, 1900 Park Fare had most of the traditional items Tusker had plus a more extensive variety. There was something for everyone's taste there. Also, the character interaction at 1900 was more interactive and much less rushed for us than at Tusker. Plus 1900 has that delicious strawberry soup! Of the 2 of them the whole family decided we would add 1900 to our must do breakfast list for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter