• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Fare or Ohana for Breakfast

Disneygal4life

Mouseketeer
I wanted to book a character breakfast one morning for our next trip and I can't get Chef Mickey's for a time that we want to eat. I'm torn between 1900 Park Fare and Ohana. We've never done either one before for breakfast. The 1900 Park Fare food looks more interesting but I don't know that my daughter would be excited about meeting Alice and the Mad Hatter. (She's 4) I'm leaning towards Ohana because of the characters but the food looks a bit ho hum. What are your experiences with the two?

I had the same dilemma as you! We went with Ohana for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for dinner so my daughter (who's also 4) can see Cinderella. We love breakfast at Ohana and didn't want to miss out on it. Breakfast at Ohana is family style, and you get to meet Mickey, Lilo and Stitch. We actually enjoy it more than Chef Mickey's. Doesn't seem as hectic to us. We've never done dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but we're hoping to have dinner and then spend some time at the GF and see the Electric Water Pageant go passing by.

My DS (7) at the time loved Ohana. The character interaction was great and the food was very good. He especially loved the juice they had and still talks about it. When we went for dinner we asked and they even got him some of that same juice. The character Stitch was very playful and they kept coming around. Good Luck. :cool1:

I have not done Ohana's....but 1900 Park Fare is a riot! The Mad Hatter is so funny! We had a blast!! It is a bit crowded, and seems smaller than other character dining places to me. Maybe it was just where we were seated, but I would defiantly go again!

Can anyone recommend which of these is easiest to drive to/park at? Looking to decide which one will be our departure breakfast and we'll already be checked out of the room. :sad1:

Can anyone recommend which of these is easiest to drive to/park at? Looking to decide which one will be our departure breakfast and we'll already be checked out of the room. :sad1:

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on our last trip and dinner at Kona (next to Ohana in the Poly Resort). Parking for us was much easier at the Poly, although we didn't have a problem with the GF. At the GF, we had to park further away and it was about a 3-minute walk (with slow-walking 3- and 5-year old kids). At the Poly, I remember parking very close to the entrance.

We are going back to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast on our next trip, next summer. The food was fantastic (my mother still talks about it, and it was nearly a year ago!), the Mad Hatter is hilarious, and the character interaction is wonderful. Very unique food offerings. However, it is a buffet, while Ohana is family-style. We haven't been to Ohana yet at all, so can't compare.

We just did 1900 Park Fare on our first trip to Disney World. We booked it as our last meal in WDW (on our way out) for breakfast and it was fantastic. Very good food (a little loud) but other than that, GREAT characters. And the GF is BEAUTIFUL!!! We took some time to soak that in and then we were outta there :sad1:

Just struggled with this same decision...I finally went with 1900 PF, mainly because of the characters. My kids aren't that into Stitch, but LOVED the Mad Hatter at MNSSHP last year. We're doing it as our last breakfast the morning we have to head home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter