1900 Park Fare or 'Ohana Breakfast?

tabrizia

DIS Veteran
Okay so all the negative Chef Mickey talk is getting to me. Since we have a dinner and breakfast during our trip. I am thinking about changing the breakfast to either 'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare.

Basic info if anyone wants to help me decide. I have 3 kids 4, 6 and 8, 2 boys and a girl. I have one that loves princesses, I have one that loves Olaf and Monsters Inc, and I have one that love Stitch and Perry the Platypus. They all like Winnie the Pooh and Disney Playhouse characters. We are doing Akeshus, CRT, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine character meals. Yes I know it is a ton of character meals. We are okay with a ton of character meals, since the kids are all at the perfect age for them. We won't be going to a park on this breakfast day. We will be on the dining plan for this meal. Also although other suggestions are appreciated, we do want a character meal.

Thanks all.

Hi,
We have eaten at all those places and I don't think you can ever have too many character meals! I would keep your Chef Mickey breakfast and drop the dinner and do 1900 for dinner instead! Ohana and 1900 also have great breakfasts, but if you are going to swap one of the CM I would definitely lose the dinner and hold on to the breakfast.

I've never been to 1900 Park Fare, but one reason we really like 'Ohana is that it's family style. Between everyone trying to get to the buffet and people/characters standing up for photos, buffet character locations are just plain hectic. And having to time trips to the buffet with when the characters are stopping by makes things less relaxing than the food just coming to us.

You'll be getting characters at both that you won't be getting at the other meals already booked (Alice/Mary/Mad Hatter vs Lilo/Stitch), but since you have a Stitch lover and none of your kids are lovers of the 1900 Park Fare characters, I would lean toward 'Ohana. Both would provide you the opportunity to ride the monorail around for fun.

Hi,
We have eaten at all those places and I don't think you can ever have too many character meals! I would keep your Chef Mickey breakfast and drop the dinner and do 1900 for dinner instead! Ohana and 1900 also have great breakfasts, but if you are going to swap one of the CM I would definitely lose the dinner and hold on to the breakfast.

This actually was my thought too, but my husband requested the Chef Mickey's dinner because he enjoyed it so much when we went 6 years ago. I really do want to do 1900 Park Fare for dinner though.

This actually was my thought too, but my husband requested the Chef Mickey's dinner because he enjoyed it so much when we went 6 years ago. I really do want to do 1900 Park Fare for dinner though.

Well, in that case based on your kids' preferences and the meals you already have scheduled, I would go with OHana. However, if your kids are very picky eaters, 1900 has more variety. Lots to think about, I know!

Okay so all the negative Chef Mickey talk is getting to me. Since we have a dinner and breakfast during our trip. I am thinking about changing the breakfast to either 'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare.

Basic info if anyone wants to help me decide. I have 3 kids 4, 6 and 8, 2 boys and a girl. I have one that loves princesses, I have one that loves Olaf and Monsters Inc, and I have one that love Stitch and Perry the Platypus. They all like Winnie the Pooh and Disney Playhouse characters. We are doing Akeshus, CRT, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine character meals. Yes I know it is a ton of character meals. We are okay with a ton of character meals, since the kids are all at the perfect age for them. We won't be going to a park on this breakfast day. We will be on the dining plan for this meal. Also although other suggestions are appreciated, we do want a character meal.

Thanks all.

My choice would be Ohana. We've eaten at both and while we thought 1900 PF was ok, Ohana is one of our favorites. 1900 PF has more variety, but we find Ohana more relaxing as the food is served family style to your table, rather than having to go through a buffet line. We also like the atmosphere better at Ohana.

Thanks all. I think we're going with 1900 Park Fare. My husband prefers the menu and has some dietary issues that makes family style meals a bit of a pain.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I do want to try 'Ohana at some point.

We have done both breakfasts. 'Ohana is hard for picky eaters or those with special dietary needs. Plus, I think the food was better at 1900PF. Everything tastes very fresh and is kept to temp. Our food at 'Ohana was a little luke warm, even though it was supposedly just cooked. They also don't have very many sweet items; I like to have a little at breakfast. We love the characters at 1900PF, so it has become a family tradition.

We love 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, not only do they have a wonderful buffet with a numerous amount of culinary selections but they have great character interaction. Our absolute favorite character is there, Mad Hatter...he is just SO MUCH FUN!! I wish we could find him outside this breakfast. The food is plentiful and fresh and there's even an omelette chef at the buffet. I can't recommend this enough and make sure to ask Mad Hatter for "mustard" or "butter"! Check out my review here:
http://disneydiningreviews.com/1900-pk-fare-grand-floridian.htm

We just went to Chef Mickey in August and it was fine. The food was tasty, and it was clean. I had read that the restaurant was dirty and was a little concerned, but that was not the case. THe character interactions were good, and not rushed. The only construvtive feedback I would have is that some of the items could have been hotter. I don't know if the probelm was the temperature of the food or if it wa because I was helping little ones get their food, and while I support children's independence, I do not support them making a mess in food that someone else will eat, so I hovered over each one. It took time! LOL!

Thanks all. I think we're going with 1900 Park Fare. My husband prefers the menu and has some dietary issues that makes family style meals a bit of a pain.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I do want to try 'Ohana at some point.

I liked 1900 PF breakfast. WE alo had a lot of character meals last trip and had breakfast and dinner at this restaurant. You will have some character overlap with Pooh's friends, but Alice and the Mad Hatter are a lot of fun. The food was good and there were some items that were unique.

You'll be happy with 1900 Park Fare. It's my favorite character breakfast. We were there in December, and the characters were wonderful. Pooh came by twice just to saw hi to DD, Tigger brought Alice over to specifically show her my daughter's special Alice dress, Mary Poppins was lovely, Mad Hatter hysterical, and after our daughter finally met Alice, she threw her arms around me and said it was the best day ever. The food selection is huge. We are going back on Halloween and I'm hoping it's just as magical!!!

We really enjoy both of these breakfasts, but I would give the edge to Ohana. Since you'll already see Pooh and friends at CP, you won't be missing out on those characters and it's the only place to see Lilo & Stitch. Plus, I really like that it's family style vs. buffet. We also do a ton of character meals ever trip and it's nice to actually be served for one of them rather than having to do the buffet line.

We really enjoy both of these breakfasts, but I would give the edge to Ohana. Since you'll already see Pooh and friends at CP, you won't be missing out on those characters and it's the only place to see Lilo & Stitch. Plus, I really like that it's family style vs. buffet. We also do a ton of character meals ever trip and it's nice to actually be served for one of them rather than having to do the buffet line.
I do not recall pooh and friends at 1900 Park Fare. Did they change the characters? I think Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter was there plus a few others. Another reason to avoid Ohana, Stitch.

I do not recall pooh and friends at 1900 Park Fare. Did they change the characters? I think Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter was there plus a few others. Another reason to avoid Ohana, Stitch.

Just Pooh & Tigger (from the Pooh & Friends line-up) along with Alice, Mad Hatter & Mary Poppins...really a UK character group there, but LOTS of fun! Pooh & Tigger have been here for many years, there may have been a few others that have come and gone. At one time Bert would show up along with Mary Poppins but otherwise this has been the line-up for a very long time. Cinderella characters are at dinner.

I've never done Ohana breakfast, but loved 1900 PF. Both kids enjoyed the characters. Alice and the Mad Hatter were pretty amusing. We thought the food was really good, especially liked the omelette station. Characters in 2011 were MH, Alice, Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter