1900 Park Fare or Boma

renae0118

Earning My Ears
Which one to choose for dinner the night we arrive?

We are a party of 8. 5 adults, 2 four year olds, and a 1 year old.

Thanks!!!
Renae

The food is much much much better at Boma, in my opinion Boma has the best buffet in WDW. The food there is better than at some of the made to order restaurants.

However 1900 has Cinderella and her stepsisters so depending on the rest of your plans and the 4 year olds, you may want to dine there.

If you have another princess character meal planned def. opt for Boma.

Our kids did not care for Boma at all. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for this trip. I don't think we'll ever go back to Boma.

Neither, we found the food at 1900 PF to be way to salty and just gross and Boma was not that thrilling either.

Like many questions, it depends upon your family's preferences. I like Boma - I agree that it is the best buffet on property. It has tremendous soups and a wide variety of dishes, but many of these dishes are unusual for the typical American palate and my children had some difficulty finding something that they liked. They dio have some standard childen's menu-type offerings, such as mac & cheese and chicken fingers, but not much that my children enjoyed beyond that. The children did enjoy the desserts. At 1900 Park Fare, the menu is more traditional American fare, although also not typical comfort food. They do have the characters and consequently, my children have enjoyed this restaurant more.

Boma is my favorite restaurant... Its something you cant get in many places and all the food is delicious IMO

I'd go for 1900 Park Fair! That's where my family is going our first night! (my ticker is two days off...not sure why...) We always go to Magic Kingdom our first night so the location of 1900 PF is much more convenient! The step sisters are very entertaining as well! My step kids loved them last year!

Boma is okay food wise. I wasn't over thrilled with the buffet, but it wasn't horrible. We ate there twice last summer out of convenience as we were staying at AKL. I don't think we'd go back to the lodge specifically for the food though...unless we were staying there again!:rotfl:

i hate to admit it but 1900 Park might be better. I thought the food there was average at best, and the food at Boma is better but the food at Boma is specific and unusual and might not be the best with the kids. It's not bad if you have kids willing to try anything but otherwise 1900 might suit you better. 1900 Park character interaction was not the best I have been to but it was ok. I also like Park in that it is more centrally located. Before and after dinner there is alot to do without riding a bus. I liked getting out and hoping on the monorail for 5 minutes rather then wait for a bus then sit on a bus for 20 minutes

We prefer Boma over 1900 Park Fare. My kids have always been able to find foods they like at Boma, even when my son was 6.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter