• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Fare is it that bad?

Karbase8

DIS Veteran
I have chosen to do 1900 Park Fare for dinner this trip and I am hearing some negative reviews. Is it really that bad for dinner? How does it compare to Crystal Palace for dinner? Thanks!

I have chosen to do 1900 Park Fare for dinner this trip and I am hearing some negative reviews. Is it really that bad for dinner? How does it compare to Crystal Palace for dinner? Thanks!

I thought it was pretty bad. Some people might say its the same as CP but I didnt find that to be the case at all. I have been to CP a few times and always loved the food. 1900 though, not so much. The selection was awful as was the quality of food.

We have been once and are going again this fall. I love it there! I have heard some neg reviews but I love the characters. The food was good but I do hear Crystal Palace is better when it comes to the food quality. I have never been to CP so I can personally don't have an opinion. My kids were never really into Pooh...only my ODD and by the time we went to Disney for her first trip she was into the princesses and Pooh was out of the picture:( I think you'll enjoy 1900 PF:goodvibes

We always make the trip to 1900PF. We love it there. The food was good and the characters were awesome! The step sisters alone make it worth it to us. We usually always do crystal palace too, the food is a little better there but not that much of a difference to me. You're going to see mixed comments on every restaurant. I would stick with 1900PF and give it a try, we love it:)

I personally enjoy it. I think the food at CP and Chef Mickey's is better but it's still certainly good. They have salmon-can't complain!

We did 1900 Park Fare for both breakfast and dinner in December. We enjoyed the food and character interactions.

We like 1900 Park Fare. It's just as good as CP and CM in our opinion. Not that either is spectacular, but good none the less. The character interaction is beeter than CM and CP in my opinion:thumbsup2

Took my granddaughters (teens) there for dinner for first time....they loved it! I thought food was pretty comparable to Crystal Palace......the wicked step sisters are a hoot!

Done breakfast & dinner loved food at breakfast ( doing it as adults only on anniversary) but characters were better at dinner

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We ate there in February and thought the food was really good. The chicken marsala was delicious. There were plenty of choices and plenty of good food.

It was my second favorite dinner after Cape May. :thumbsup2

Food wise for dinner I prefer Crystal Palace.
We did 1900 park fare for dinner one time and we will not be back for dinner.

We were a party of 7 (so tip was automatic) We got one soda each and finding the server for another got to be rather rediculous.
The worst part for me-- we ordered a specialty cake and the server stuck it in the middle of the table while we were at the buffet.

The server made 51 bucks for only giving us one soda-- no other service. Boyu was I peeved.

The food-- my son got a piece of prime rib that was so rare I swear it moved around the table. (it stayed there the entire meal also along with the piles of plates taht 7 people will generate

I don't think its bad at all. Not my absolute favorite but I wouldn't say no to going there. :)

We love it! It's our first night ADR when we get there tomorrow night. Such an awesome meal. I think if you go into it expecting amazing food, you'll be disappointed. You're paying for the experience, not the food. That being said, I think the food is just fine. :)

It is one of our favorites, tusker house breakfast is our favorite breakfast, and yes the food is great, amazing and very good. 1900 is our favorite dinner, the food compares to the others, nothing great but not bad, the experience is better for us than CP, TH, CM H&V or akershus, but that is us. The strawberry soup is very good. To us there is no charactors meal to ever write home about the food, but we have always left with full bellies, and since it is buffet, if you don't like one thing put it aside and try something else, you will find enough you like to fill you up.

Thanks everyone for your input! I am thinking I am going to keep the reservation.....I in general over the years find the food at Disney mediocre but I have had some good experiences and it's something different I am just hoping for a decent experence. Thanks so much!

Can I just quickly ask, do you get a photo package at 1900 PF dinner? I know you do for breakfast.

Thanks

We really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare. Is the food amazing? No. It is okay and worth it for the character experience? Yes. We would definitley go back there, but DH does not like Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace and won't return to either, if that gives you any point of reference on our food choices!

The food was ok and a decent meal...nothing horrible, but nothing to rave about.

We really like the stepsisters though. I thought the characters were great and the ambiance was nice. Definitely worth doing once.

The food was ok and a decent meal...nothing horrible, but nothing to rave about.

We really like the stepsisters though. I thought the characters were great and the ambiance was nice. Definitely worth doing once.

Not fans of either dinner (CP or 1900 PF) but CP was more do to being there near closing time (which we didn't realize when making the ADR) and food not being very fresh or available or different from lunch (with the $13 pp increase for dinner not worth it at all)...but they still had the ancho salmon which is really good so that was the only thing that kept us thinking it was a complete let down!

1900 PF- wouldn't do again for dinner (although a totally different experience at breakfast), food was very mediocre, the characters zipped right through our table and since we were paying OOP totally not worth it (neither of these would get my vote for dinner if paying OOP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter