• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 park Fare/Grand Floridian refurb

2forMe

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten at the Grand Floridian Caf.. that restaurant that is replacing the 1900 Park fare during refurbishment..looking for some reviews since it is not a buffet style anymore

I just ate there on Sept. 4th. Food was very good. Restaurant is very nice. All characters came by and were not rushed. I have pictures of restaurant and food, unfortunately I cannot post them since my post count is too low, but if you go to photobucket and search for socomtwiggy you can see what I have uploaded already.

We ate there on 8/26 for dinner. I had prime rib and DH had the salmon. Both were excellent. Character interaction was great as was the service. And the dessert tray was amazing!!!

This was one of our favorite meals! We ate there on Monday 9/3. We had to wait a little bit to get seated but once we were, everything was great. It was me, DH, and DD3. The characters started coming by immediately and we saw all of them a couple of times throughout the course of the meal. DD's favorites were the mice! The meal was very good. DH and I both had the green salad which was beautifully presented - almost tied like a bouquet- with a Raspberry vinagrette dressing. DD had the chicken noodle soup from the children's menu and I tasted it and it was also very good. For dinner, I had the Penne Pasta with shrimp. I've had this dish at the Grand Floridian Cafe in the past and it was excelent as usual and a very large portion. DH had the pork which he thought was very good but he absolutely loved the gnocchi that came with it as a side. DD had the grilled chicken, which I also tasted and it was very good and came with broccoli which is her favorite, but she wasn't concentrating on eating very much because she was too interested in the characters. The dessert was unbelievable. A large, delicious platter of bread pudding with a banana sauce came and that would have been enough right there, but then they also put down a platter with assoted pastries. I remember there was a chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup, a fruit tart, a small carrot cake, a flaky type pastry with a raspberry creme filling, and I think something else but I cannot remember, there were so many.

Have a great vacation and enjoy your meal here.

In normal times, the Grand Floridian Cafe is an excellent restaurant, and a great place to have breakfast.

For those who made reservations at 1900 Park Fare... I jsut got of the phone with GF itinerary office to change a reservation for our trip starting 9/25, they just got a memo this week stating that the refurbishment is done quicker than expected and it will reopen this Saturday. This is great news becasue we were able to get a table for 6 on 9/30 when we were previously unable to. Looking forward to seeing the renovated restaurant!! :banana:

For those who made reservations at 1900 Park Fare... I jsut got of the phone with GF itinerary office to change a reservation for our trip starting 9/25, they just got a memo this week stating that the refurbishment is done quicker than expected and it will reopen this Saturday. This is great news becasue we were able to get a table for 6 on 9/30 when we were previously unable to. Looking forward to seeing the renovated restaurant!! :banana:

REally? We're dining on the 21st and haven't gotten a call like that. are you sure its this Saturday?

We ate at GFC on 8/22 for DD's birthday dinner, and we all loved it. It was even better than the buffet (we did 1900 Park Fare on our last trip)! There's a review with pics in the dining report link in my sig.

Disney Dining just told me they are taking ADRs for 1900 Park Fare for Sept. 30 and later. Too late for my trip next week. The character meals until the 30th are still at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Disney Dining just told me they are taking ADRs for 1900 Park Fare for Sept. 30 and later. Too late for my trip next week. The character meals until the 30th are still at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Per Denny at GF, we are booked at 1900 Park Fare, it opens this weekend. That's all I can say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter