• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Fare for boys

a_sailor's_wife

DIS Veteran
I'm in the process of thinking about where we'd like to dine for our next Disney trip in December. We always do our favorites and add in lots of new places. I'd love for us to try 1900 Park Fare for a different experience. I was wondering how this character dining tends to go for boys. DS1 will be 7. I'm curious as to how girly it is for both the breakfast and the dinner.

Now DS1 loves to see the princesses, but I don't want to overdo it for him. We're leaning more towards the breakfast since it has the Mad Hatter. We think he'll be fun.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

We did the dinner when my oldest DS was about 7. The stepsisters "flirted" with him and made a big deal out of him too. We just did the breakfast about a year ago. We loved the breakfast too. Alice made a fuss over the boys. Mary Poppins was pretty good too. The day we were there the Mad Hatter was rushed as we didn't get much interaction with him at all:confused3

My DS(who is now 11) still enjoys and asks for Park Fare, so it's worth it!

My son (5) loved breakfast. To be fair, I did make him watch Alice in Wonderland (he loves the Tim Burton version) and Mary Poppins.

Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Tigger, Pooh aren't too girly IMHO.

Our waiter also did a magic trick and brought us out two of those light up drink things---DS talked about that for a LONG time. :thumbsup2

I am making my family do this on our next trip for dinner. I think my DS7 & DS3 will get a kick out of the step sisters. My 3 yr likes the princesses so he will be fine. DS7 didn't mind getting autographs from Belle & Snow White on our last trip, but he won't like to be fussed over. To be honest, they will have to deal w/it if it's not their favorite experience. I am the only female in a family of males & this ADR is for me! I have planned every trip around what they will like & this time I am adding something for me.

I am making my family do this on our next trip for dinner. I think my DS7 & DS3 will get a kick out of the step sisters. My 3 yr likes the princesses so he will be fine. DS7 didn't mind getting autographs from Belle & Snow White on our last trip, but he won't like to be fussed over. To be honest, they will have to deal w/it if it's not their favorite experience. I am the only female in a family of males & this ADR is for me! I have planned every trip around what they will like & this time I am adding something for me.

:rotfl2:
I am pregnant with twins and if everyone ends up being a boy..you can bet that we are doing CRT on our next trip (probably 3 years away). I have never been and I love Cinderella but I don't want to eat there alone!

I have no chance to eat at CRT b/c both my DH & older DS said no way, so 1900 PF is my 2nd choice.

I'm in the process of thinking about where we'd like to dine for our next Disney trip in December. We always do our favorites and add in lots of new places. I'd love for us to try 1900 Park Fare for a different experience. I was wondering how this character dining tends to go for boys. DS1 will be 7. I'm curious as to how girly it is for both the breakfast and the dinner.

The dinner is not girly at all. In fact Prince Charming is even there. If your DS isn't careful, the stepsisters might just propose to him. :rotfl:

We have done 1900 two times now. Each time I have brought plastic party rings with for DS to give to Cindy, Lady T and the step-sisters (and all the princesses at other meals). It gets him a lot of attention! In fact, on our first trip DS was chosen to have the first dance with Cindy because of the lovely ring he gave her. Yes, I cried.

And DD can't get enough of Prince Charming!

Anastasia excited over her ring.

Anastasia and lady T comparing their rings.

My DH especially likes this pic.

DS got lots of love.

And the first dance.

well my (when we travel) 19 year old DD wanted a princess meal and my 12 year old DS didn't want ANY character meals, so I decided this might work for dinner. If DS has a bad attitude that night I'm hoping the evils slap him into shape. LOL.
plus, it's sad to say but one of his favorite characters from any movie is (in his opinion) the much maligned and misunderstood Lucifer.

That's a really cute idea w/the rings. DS7 would never do it, but my 3 yr old might.

Love the ring idea for dinner reservation Mrs. D!

We've done both breakfast and dinner with DS who is now 6.

Breakfast, especially with the Mad Hatter was a hoot. DS told the Mad Hatter (who is very much in character) "don't scream at me!" and Mary Poppins overheard and when she came over next complimented DS for trying to teach Mad Hatter some manners.

But dinner was a forever memory. DS was 4 at the time and based on info in some AllEars reviews, I dressed him up in a Halloween costumer of a knight without the helmet. So he was a "prince". We were also celebrating his birthday. Cinderella was the first to visit our table and she chose him for her first dance partner. (The music for the first dance started moments after she arrived at our table.) Then when she signed his autograph book she left a lipstick kiss next to her name.

When Lady T and the step-sisters each came around DS said he was looking for a princess, but his princess had to be able to sing. Once they were all in close proximity Lady T very loudly rounded up the two step-sisters, explained that she wanted one of them to be his princess and that they were going to have a sing-off. She laid out the ground rules and gave them a starting "tone" and then both step-sisters screeched very off-tune at the top of their lungs in a competition to be his princess. DS turned beet red and quietly told Lady T that neither of them could sing very well. Everyone in the place was roaring.

Then Prince Charming came by and asked where his kingdom was, etc. and gave him a lesson on how to bow properly.

And as we left dinner that night, virtually everyone we passed commented on one/all of the above, as DS got a TON of attention during that dinner "princess" meal while dressed in his prince attire.

And fantastic answers.... at 6, this may be my last chance to do 1900 until he is out of college! HAHA

Looks like I gotta buy me some rings, and make a ressie!

But dinner was a forever memory. DS was 4 at the time and based on info in some AllEars reviews, I dressed him up in a Halloween costumer of a knight without the helmet. So he was a "prince". We were also celebrating his birthday. Cinderella was the first to visit our table and she chose him for her first dance partner. (The music for the first dance started moments after she arrived at our table.) Then when she signed his autograph book she left a lipstick kiss next to her name.

When Lady T and the step-sisters each came around DS said he was looking for a princess, but his princess had to be able to sing. Once they were all in close proximity Lady T very loudly rounded up the two step-sisters, explained that she wanted one of them to be his princess and that they were going to have a sing-off. She laid out the ground rules and gave them a starting "tone" and then both step-sisters screeched very off-tune at the top of their lungs in a competition to be his princess. DS turned beet red and quietly told Lady T that neither of them could sing very well. Everyone in the place was roaring.

Then Prince Charming came by and asked where his kingdom was, etc. and gave him a lesson on how to bow properly.

And as we left dinner that night, virtually everyone we passed commented on one/all of the above, as DS got a TON of attention during that dinner "princess" meal while dressed in his prince attire.

And THAT is the magic of Disney! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter