1900 Park Fare/Cape May or Other Character Breakfast

rgordon626

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide on a character breakfast for our last day for our June trip, I have 2 DD, 4/8. We are planning on our last day being a non-park day and were looking for a good breakfast at a resort. We've done Chef Mickeys in the past and are doing Ohana for dinner. I'm trying to decide between these two or is there another I am missing that I should be looking at?

My plans for character dining so far include, Cinderella's Royal Table, Garden Grill, and Tusker House. We are on the DDP also.

1900PF is a tradition for us. We love the characters: Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Hatter.

I think it depends on what characters your kids will recognize and where you're staying. We are doing CMC when we go in June but it's because we are on a multi-family trip staying at BW and have 3 3-year lids with us. I know they will recognize the characters at CMC as opposed to 1900PF.

My order of favs are based on experience and Characters
1900 Park Fare Breakfast - great quality food for a buffet and lovely fun characters
1900 Park Fare Dinner (remember this gets you different characters)
Cape May Café Breakfast - I think this is the most relaxed place ever for getting pictures with Goofy and the gang. I love it and the outfits. So much fun
Tusker House - This annoys me that Donald is outside greeting you but this is made up for by the outfits
O'hana Breakfast - I don't think this restaurant is anything to rave about. The Dinner was horrible...But this gets me Stitch. Who is No longer roaming the parks regularly. So for that....This is a MUST

The others you might consider but I have issues with are
Chef Mickey (food is crap but you get the fab 5)
Garden Grill (food is average but the service is a bit slow and not ideal area to actually take good character photos)

OUR WDW CHARACTER MEAL & BUFFET RANKINGS (*rev: August 2015*):
Results are listed from best to worst
Best Food (quality first, then variety):
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Tusker House, breakfast-Lunch (moved from #1 Spot due to menu changes)
. . . Garden Grove Swan-dinner
. . . Akershus Royal Banquet
. . . Tusker House, Dinner
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Cinderella Royal Table (since new menu)
. . . Chef Mickey's
Best Character Interaction (time with guest first, then friendliness):
. . . Tusker House, Breakfast-Lunch
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Tusker House, Dinner
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grove (Swan, dinner)
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Chef Mickey's
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Crystal Palace (barely enough time for a photo)
Best Atmosphere (surroundings and ambiance):
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Tusker House, Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
. . . Ohana
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Garden Grove (Swan, dinner)
. . . Chef Mickey's
NOTE1: Results are listed from best to worst. Overall, Tusker House wins due to best food and the length of time the characters stay at each table. A close second is 1900 Park Fare. By far, Chef Mickey's is the loser, due to mediocre character interaction and almost terrible food quality. The very distant second worst is Cinderella Royal Table, for brief time at tables by characters and the new menu.

When we were there in May, Donald was meeting inside.

1) Yep, Donald has not been outside for quite some time.
2) He circulates inside like the other characters.
3) And, no, there are no photos with Donald or other characters by Disney.
4) So, bring your own camera or phone.

My choice would be Cape May. We've been to 1900 PF a couple of times for breakfast and while it's never been horrible, it's not a favorite of ours and is not one we are in a hurry to return to. Cape May, however, is our favorite breakfast on property.

Go with the characters they know!! 1900 PF - not many 4-8 yo KNOW Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter - so these characters don't mean much to them. But if your kids do, then this place does consistently get good reviews. Me - since I have no interest in those characters - I wouldn't pick this one.

I love the Cape May one. You also do already have a lot of character meals planned - and you could consider Boma for breakfast instead. The resort is beautiful and the kids can go watch the animals on the savanna.

I just had cape may 2 days ago and thought it was the best breakfast buffet I have ever had. I am the first to admit I am not a breakfast person, but they had a few different options, like a quinoa salad and crepe station, while having the major staples. The characters were great. I will be going back for sure!

I think Cape May is very underrated so I'm a glad to hear more people loving it
As for 1900...I think the BEST time still was with Mad Hatter....ever...he was awesome...and Strawberry soup ...YAY!

So glad to hear Donald will be circulating with us. I hated that greeting photo out the front. I can't wait for Tusker house now. It was the real downer making me reluctant

We haven't done Cape May breakfast(we do love dinner there), but did 1900 Park Fare for the first time on our last trip and it is on our short list for our next trip again. We really liked the food and the characters.

We always do a character breakfast on our last day, and 1900 PF has been our fave! But I agree with the pp who said to go with who your kids know. My kids are a little different than most and my youngers do know Alice, Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter and, what littles don't know Pooh and Tigger, so that one has worked well for us. But I could see it might be a stretch for some young children.

Given the character meals that you already have planned, I would choose 'Ohana character breakfast with Stitch. WE also like 1900 PF with Alice and the gang, and if your kids like Pooh's Friends, this one may work better for you. On our August trip I think we hit just about every character meal, and for breakfast food in a resort, this one was better than 'Ohana, bit in terms of food and character experience.

Go with the characters they know!! 1900 PF - not many 4-8 yo KNOW Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter -

Huh? Not many 4-8 year olds know Alice, Mary Poppins, or Mad Hatter??? We've been reading AIW to our 4.5 year old since she was 2, and she's seen the animated movie multiple times. She knows all of the Alice characters, as do many of her friends. She didn't know Mary Poppins the first time we did 1900 when she was 3, but she still loved her. Mary is a pretty cool meet at 1900. She has a magical way with the kids.... We just got back and DD was mad because Mad Hatter wasn't there but we still had a great time. I'd think kids closer to 8 would definitely know these characters.

OP: 1900 is a great breakfast. You usually see Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh/Tigger/Piglet, and Mary Poppins. If your girls are familiar with those characters, it's a great time.

Huh? Not many 4-8 year olds know Alice, Mary Poppins, or Mad Hatter??? We've been reading AIW to our 4.5 year old since she was 2, and she's seen the animated movie multiple times. She knows all of the Alice characters, as do many of her friends. She didn't know Mary Poppins the first time we did 1900 when she was 3, but she still loved her. Mary is a pretty cool meet at 1900. She has a magical way with the kids.... We just got back and DD was mad because Mad Hatter wasn't there but we still had a great time. I'd think kids closer to 8 would definitely know these characters.

OP: 1900 is a great breakfast. You usually see Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh/Tigger/Piglet, and Mary Poppins. If your girls are familiar with those characters, it's a great time.
I agree with this...I don't understand why a child wouldn't know these characters...I sure did at that age! Reading A A Milne. Watching Mary Poppins. Reading and watching AIW....
I think it's one of the most magical Character meals out there.
Then once they're about 8 or so the Dinner is AWESOME as they know much better and understand the Tremaine Sisters...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter