1900 Park Fare Breakfast???

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
DD would LOVE to have breakfast with Mary Poppins. I fully understand that we are not guaranteed to have Mary, but for those of you who have done 1900 Park Fare character breakfast: did you like it? How was the food? How about the character interaction? How many of you were able to see Mary?

Thanx a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We absolutely loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast on our 2006 trip. We were so disappointed when it was closed for refurbishment this summer, because we were looking forward to it again.

Foodwise, of all the Disney buffets we've tried, I think this was my favorite. I loved the variety. Hard to explain, but to me it just seemed a little more "posh" than some of the other character buffets.

We had the earliest reservation they would give, which I think was 8:00. When we got there, Mary Poppins wasn't there yet. (We were the first ones to the podium, and were literally seated at our table within a minute of them opening the front door.) Mary Poppins normally sits on a couch in the waiting area of the restaurant and groups get to meet her one at a time as they're going in. We did get to meet her and have our picture taken with her on our way out, though.

I know they always give you the disclaimer that specific characters may not appear, and I guess any CM is subject to an occassional sick day. But as it's advertised as the "practically perfect in every way" breakfast with Mary Poppins and Pals, it's probably just a very slight chance that she won't be there.

I think the characters inside who come around to the tables are the ones that fluxuate more often. When we were there, it was tigger, Alice, and the Mad Hatter.

I really liked 1900 Park Fare. The food was surprisingly good for a breakfast buffet and the atmosphere was great. The characters that day were Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Rabbit (who I think is pretty rare to see there) going from table to table and Mary Poppins in her nanny outfit in the lobby. All were a lot of fun and very interactive- even with adults. I'd definatly recommend it.

I took dd6 in June and we had a great time, although she was too excited to eat. We had Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins was in the lobby - can't remember which outfit. We also had an 8:00 am ADR and Mary wasn't there yet. We didn't catch her on the way out though, because we had met her earlier in our trip.

This was one of our favorite meals. Mary was in the lobby in her white dress. DD got loads of time with her since she was mostly just standing around. Inside was Tigger, Pooh, Alice and Mad Hatter. We also got lotss of time with them, they made rounds twice while we were there. Food was also very good. :thumbsup2

We loved this meal also! All the characters mentioned above were there and they all made their rounds inside. We had a later ADR, so when it started to clear out, our table and the one next to it got lots of attention of Alice and the Mad Hatter. They were hilarious and my DD and the boy next to us loved it. Mary finally joined us and it was like a little private party with Mary, Alice and the Mad Hatter for a good 15-20 minutes. The food was really good also, though I don't remember everything that was served. Similar to other WDW breakfast buffets we've been to, I suppose. I'd do this one again easily.

We ate there the morning of our departure..The girls got to spend a good bit of time with Mary in the lobby and then off to breakfast..Alice came over and sat with us about 5 minutes or so then pooh and tigger came to visit..Lastly was our breakfast with the Mad Hatter for about 20 minutes..he sat beside DD (she was 2 then) and she was fascinated with his NOSE..she kept grabbing for it and just staring at him..It was HILARIOUS!!! He was really funny and the girls really enjoyed him more than Mary (who iwas the reason we came at all..lol)

It's very tame compared to some of the other character breakfasts, which is not necessarily bad.

WE GO IN 3 WEEKS TIMES, I WOULD love TO SEE RABBITT ! THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL!!!

thanks for sharing the info.....................:)

We ate there in Dec 06, late seating at 10:30. Mary Poppins was in the lobby and no one was going up to her. She just sat on the bench next to a Christmas Tree.

The place was super noisy and very crowded. Tigger, Pooh, Alice and the Mad Hatter were there but DH and I were wedged into a small table by the kitchen area so it was hard to get to us and we did not get character interaction..they waved to us...not a big deal because we are 2 adults.

The food was terrible. It was dried out, over cooked, hard and stale. The fruit was bad too, it must have been sitting next to something else in the cooler because it tasted like onions. No one was replenishing anything. There was one egg station open and the line was huge. The bread pudding and strawberry soup were out of this world.

Here are a few pictures

100_0732.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0735.jpg

Strawberry Soup-YUM!

We ate there on Christmas Day in 2005, and loved it! The characters were great. We saw Alice, Pooh, and Eeyore. Don't know where the Mad Hatter was that day.:confused3 Mary Poppins was in the lobby by the Christmas tree.

We were there last year Oct. Has anyone been for breakfast since the changes. Thinking of going again and would like to know whats different now. Tina

Such great replies, thanks so much! We have been to 1900 Park Fare for the Cindy dinner, and now I am quite excited to try the breakfast!

Opposite from one of the above posters, we had probably one of the last ressies available, and Mary Poppins was still in the lobby "receiving" visitors. We spent several minutes chatting with her before being seated. The place was practically empty but the white rabbit and Alice were still roaming around. They did leave tho before we were done, but that was fine...we are two adults, my sis and me, so one character interaction is ok with us. We're really there for the food anyway. I had read that this particular buffet could be enjoyed by adults a little more than some others.
I did think the food was pretty good too!!

We are there a few years ago and Mary Poppins only greeted us at the door. She did not visit the tables. Alice did however visit us and she gave us the impression since it was all adults at the table she couldn't be bothered to spend any time with us.

Our favorite place to have breakfast. 1900 and Chef Mickey's has the biggest selections but 1900 is a lot quieter than CM, which we love. Glad they reopened, we missed them a couple of weeks ago because we didn't want the pre-plated menu they were doing in GF Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter