• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 park fare bad reviews?!

princessap

DIS Veteran
I debated between chef mickeys and 1900 park fare for dinner our first arrival night and picked 1900 park fare….after reading some reviews on here it makes me nervous I picked the wrong one?!? we are taking my parents to this dinner too so would it be more fun for them to see my kids with the fab five???

thoughts??

I went to both just last week. I enjoyed both, probably Chef Mickeys just a little bit more for the atmosphere but that is because of the age of my kids (6 and 2). However, the food at 1900 Park Fare was slightly better. The interaction with the stepsisters is a blast. They are so good in their "roles".

I too read bad reviews at both places but the only thing I can say about that is you just have try it yourself and not get too caught up in the reviews. We did Chef Mickeys are on arrival day to because it seemed like a good way to kick off the vacation.

One thing I would really stress to you if you go - take your time, you are paying a lot of money to eat at a character dinner, there is no rush. At least I never felt rushed by the server. I read reviews of missing the characters at Chef Mickeys because a parent was up getting food. The characters were just entering our room when we got seated so none of us went and got food until we saw all the characters. Again, take your time and enjoy.

We have enjoyed both and they are different experiences IMO. Chef Mickey's is louder and more chaotic but the Fab 5 is there. The food is not as good as 1900s Park Fare, or at least we didn't think so and the restaurant is slightly more dirty. 1900s Park Fare characters are a hoot and there is a nice selection of items on the buffet. The restaurant wasn't as loud and there was more of a process to things there.

I agree that you should time our trips to the buffet around the characters. We always pay attention to where they are and try to time it so everyone is at the table accordingly.

I'll talk you off the ledge here. If you base your ADR's on good or bad reviews, you would not eat anywhere at WDW. Ever.

We have eaten at both, and we prefer 1900 for both the food and characters. Think you would find something to your liking at either place.

Thanks. We have done chef mickeys before so were looking for something new this trip but I am so torn. We LOVED chef mickeys before and I thought it would be a great way to start the trip off! I read great things about 1900 PF until recently and am a little worried there isn't many characters my youngest would really like there?!?!?

We are considering cape may breakfast so she gets her minnie fix but arrival night I cannot decide:confused3

We LOVE 1900 Park Fare. I see the negative reviews, but have no idea what they are talking about. There is a wide range of food choices, the food is very good, the character interaction is probably the best of any character meal.

Big fans of 1900 here. I can't imagine why bad reviews. We have gone every trip since trip #1, even when we pay OOP. We used to love CM also, but that one, in my opinion has gone downhill, and we have skipped it the last 2 years. But if you are sweating the decision between those two....you made the right choice.:thumbsup2

I'm all about trying something new so if you've done Chef Mickey's before I would try 1900 Park Fare. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Your 2-year-old will love Cinderella if she is into princesses.

We were just at 1900 Park Fare and the food was HORRIBLE!!! My 9 year old would not even eat. I have given that place so many chances but I am done. They need to gut it and get some new food ideas. I actually had a talk with the manager who had the chef come to the table with her. The chef stated he is new and they are working on improving some of the food choices. I have eaten at many Disney restaurants. Some good and some not so good but I have to say Park Fare wins the prize for the worst. Chef Mickey coming in second and Crystal Place third.

Never mind. Once again the DisBoard app proves itself useless. If interested the thread is titled "Chef Mickey tonight from 8/26

We love Park Fair I think that you will have a great time. It is my daughters favorite restaurant. They have ADRs for both breakfast and dinner in 2 weeks when they go to Disney.

When are you going? If it is after the first week in October I can let you know what they think.

My father who hates Disney went with DD for her 16th birthday and loved it.

I absolutely HAD TO HAVE an ADR to 1900 PF, despite the reviews.

We liked it quite a lot. Honestly, I have no idea why there were so many negative reviews.

I will say that there's nothing revolutionary about the food. It's not overly remarkable, but I had several tasty things and NOTHING was even remotely bad ... or not warm .... or not cold (as the case may be). I found plenty of things to try and went back for more on some.

Service was fine, and like others have said, the character interaction was IMHO off the charts fantastic. The pictures I have from that meal are some of my favorite EVER from WDW. FYI - my daughter is not easily scared and looked forward to meeting the characters. I even encouraged her to say, "Your dress is pretty," to Lady Tremaine (stepmom). Without missing a bit, Lady Tremaine said, "Of course it is," in SUCH a haughty way. It was a great experience.

Haven't ever eaten at CM, but those are my 2 cents about 1900!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter