• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Faire character changes?

Princess Mommy

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if there is truth to the rumor that the Fairies will be taking over Cindy's dinner in 1900 Park Faire? :confused3

I sure do hope it's breakfast. I went ahead and booked a breakfast hoping for the change. Even it is the same, we love breakfast at PF.

We are considering dinner there- to see Cindy (dinner at 1900 is cheaper then breakfast at CRT now :rolleyes: ) I am sure the girks won't be upset to see the fairies, but missing Cindy will be hard! ;)

NOOOO! Its the only place to see Alice!They cant change that!I was counting on it as a way to justify doing a split stay at GF...A member of my family is nuts about Alice.We were going to do the Alice room at the GF and then the Alice meal while Ds is at the Pirate Cruise.I really hope its not true!
Sherrie

I hope they keep the Dinner characters the same. Besides CRT, is'nt 1300 PK, the only place to dine with Cinderella?

From what I heard when I posted a similar question a few days ago the Fairies will be appearing at breakfast only and dinner will stay the same.

This rumor has only been mentioned once that I know of and that was on a Dinsey podcast. It was an imagineer and he said that it would happen in the spring, but nothing has been heard since. There is no solid evidence that this will happen at all really.

But, I have a ressie for 1900 Park Breakfast on April 27th - just in case!

NO! There are so many girl/princess meals already. This is one that boys can still enjoy. We (Parents of boys, especially all boys) might be getting Breakfast & Beyond, but now we're going to lose a neutral meal?!?

Princess Mommy said:
Has anyone heard if there is truth to the rumor that the Fairies will be taking over Cindy's dinner in 1900 Park Faire? :confused3

Rats! When I read the title of this thread, I was hoping that they were bringing back Dopey there. Does anyone else remember Dopey at 1900 Park Faire breakfast about 5 years ago? I think that Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, were there also. But I MISS DOPEY!

I hope this happens before our trip this April, I know my daughter would love this character breakfast.

:thumbsup2

I also hope this is not true. How many princess themed meals do they need?? I am really looking forward to seeing Alice and hopefully Mary Poppins. I also think my boys will enjoy the Mad Hatter. There are so few character meals that boys enjoy. Even Crystal Palace is for girls unless you have young boys. 1900 Park Fare has Cindy at night..I hope they leave the Breakfast AS IS!! :sad2:

We have dinner and a breakfast at 1900 Park faire. I hope they keep dinner characters the same - need the mice and the Prince - and then breakfast changes to Faries - our DS will get over Mad Hatter and just enjoy the breakfast food - his biggest eating meal. Our DD's will love Faries. I think a Fairy named Prella is the favorite.

square pond said:
I also hope this is not true. How many princess themed meals do they need?? I am really looking forward to seeing Alice and hopefully Mary Poppins. I also think my boys will enjoy the Mad Hatter. There are so few character meals that boys enjoy. Even Crystal Palace is for girls unless you have young boys. 1900 Park Fare has Cindy at night..I hope they leave the Breakfast AS IS!! :sad2:

I would miss the oportunity to have breakfast with the Mad Hatter, who I think is the MOST FUN character to interact with, but the rumored replacement is not a princess themed meal. It is a meal with the fairies from varies movies (and I believe a tie to a possible fairy movie coming soon). The fairies I've heard about would be Flora, Fawna, and Merrywhether (Sleeping Beauty) the Blue Fairy (Pinnocio) and Tink (Peter Pan). This seems to me to be more gender neutral with two of the fairies coming from "boy" movies and three from a princess movie.

shellybaxter said:
The fairies I've heard about would be Flora, Fawna, and Merrywhether (Sleeping Beauty) the Blue Fairy (Pinnocio) and Tink (Peter Pan). This seems to me to be more gender neutral with two of the fairies coming from "boy" movies and three from a princess movie.

boy movies or not those are "girly" meals. I am a mother of 1 boy (only child) and I'm getting tired of the "girls" taking over everything. I don't mean that you guys with girls are doing this. I mean Disney should wake up because girls are not the only children that visit Disney.

Basically we have Donaldbreakfastsaurus for a boy only theme (hopefully toy story soon)

girls CRT (all meals) 1900 park fare dinner and norway

the rest are unisex (most are more girly than boyie (?))

1900 park fare was unisex too but as least the "boys" had an awesome time with the Mad hatter while the girls had fu with alice. What fun will my son and other sons have with fairies? they are getting bored with the "girly" stuff. I don't mind unisex meals because it makes ALLLLL the children happy not just the girls not just the boys. OK I'm done venting now, Sorry I just getting so mad with the boys getting pushed aside. I would feel the same way if they were doing it to girls.

We just had dinner at PF on Wed the 25th (8:30 ADR) and were surprised to have a visit by Sleeping Beauty. Our server, Michael, said she was at the GF for a special event and just stopped by. He said this rarely happens. We also were visited by Suzy, Cindy, and the Prince. We missed Perla, I think due to the late hour. This is only our second time there, and I go there just for the food. It is very good. The salmon was great. And my DD6 declared the pizza the best ever. She had 3 slices and she's not a big eater usually. I like going later as the room is not a busy and the noise level is lower. And even though we were there late (we were the last group to leave) they keep replenishing the food until the last person leaves.

Last time we used the Dining Plan, this time we paid for it. We will definitely return. Haven't tried the breakfast, maybe we'll try that next.

ImaDizneyNut said:
boy movies or not those are "girly" meals. I am a mother of 1 boy (only child) and I'm getting tired of the "girls" taking over everything. I don't mean that you guys with girls are doing this. I mean Disney should wake up because girls are not the only children that visit Disney.

Basically we have Donaldbreakfastsaurus for a boy only theme (hopefully toy story soon)

girls CRT (all meals) 1900 park fare dinner and norway

the rest are unisex (most are more girly than boyie (?))

1900 park fare was unisex too but as least the "boys" had an awesome time with the Mad hatter while the girls had fu with alice. What fun will my son and other sons have with fairies? they are getting bored with the "girly" stuff. I don't mind unisex meals because it makes ALLLLL the children happy not just the girls not just the boys. OK I'm done venting now, Sorry I just getting so mad with the boys getting pushed aside. I would feel the same way if they were doing it to girls.

I was simply pointing out that the rumored replacement meal is not a princess meal, no princesses scheduled. BTW - I have no children, so I'm not a "girl mom" or a "boy mom". I have a niece that we take sometimes, as well as three boys of different ages that belong to our good friends.

I don't see how the Mad Hatter is any more a "boy" character than say Stich, Mickey, Donald, or Tigger. As a preschool teacher for 15 plus years I can tell you that I know plenty of Peter Pan fans (boys) who would be very excited to meet Tinker Bell.

Disney schedules character meals that "sell well". My guess is that if the Pixar/Toy Story meal at MGM goes well you will see more adventure themed meals. You are correct that the only "boy" meal currently is Donald's and that is not a rousing success. Disney is only able to look at data for what they already have. I suspect that's why they hadn't jumped into the boy meals with both feet.

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter