• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$190 housekeeping charge

mommary

DIS Veteran
I wrote about a week ago regarding a $190 charge on my sisters credit card bill . I thought that her daughter might have used her i phone and that could have been the charge. My sister called DCL to find out and dispute the amount.She finally got a itemized bill and the $190 charge is for housekeeping!!??
What does that mean? If anyone can help us out with this I would appreciate it.
I did book this cruise with my vacation club points. I have been on 3 other cruises and no one in my parties have ever had a charge like this.
I thought I would call DVC and see if they can help us out.
We never used the wave phone and it was still in the room when we left as was the laundry bag but my understanding about those charges does not add up to $190.
Any thoughts, ideas would be helpful we are very upset about this.
thanks

Did they use an over-the-door shoe holder on the bathroom door that would have scratch the door? Do they smoke? Those are the only fees I can think of that may have resulted in a large charge.

Does your sister smoke? I've heard of hotels adding this sort of charge for "freshening" a room if they detect cigarette smoke.

The only things I can think of are the over the door organizer (if it damages the door/frame, that costs $100).

And deep-cleaning (for smoking odors or other messy stuff) has a pretty high cost.

Oh! How about the red pillow? That's $180? I think. Maybe theirs went "missing".

My sister got another e mail saying it was for a pillow.
We did not take their pillow. I just sent them off a letter saying we did not take it and that I expect to have it resolved asap.
How crazy is that! I'm sure people do those things but we certainly did not.
Has anyone had this happen and did it get resolved?

My sister got another e mail saying it was for a pillow.
We did not take their pillow. I just sent them off a letter saying we did not take it and that I expect to have it resolved asap.
How crazy is that! I'm sure people do those things but we certainly did not.
Has anyone had this happen and did it get resolved?

Why isn't your sister handling this?

It was her card, right?

That's one reason I take pictures the first and last days of the wavephone, red pillow, and desk top. Showing everything is there and there's no damage to the desk.

My sister has been handling it but when she got this e mail she was very upset and I thought it was time for me to step in.
I am the dvc member,I booked the cruise. It seems to me they targeted my sister for the missing pillow because she has a 14 year old.
I am hoping DCL will resolve the matter.I have been a loyal disney customer for 38 years. Long before I bought my many DVC points.
I would hate to see it all tarnished over something like this.
I did book another cruise for myself,DH and my son and his family for next march. I will not cancel it as my daughter in law is looking forward to her first disney cruise but it will be my last cruise. I find it to distressing to be worrying about unfounded charges.

Why isn't your sister handling this?

It was her card, right?

That's one reason I take pictures the first and last days of the wavephone, red pillow, and desk top. Showing everything is there and there's no damage to the desk.

i've read a few posts where people have done this but I don't see how it would help. I actually have wondered if anyone has used it to help with charges.
the way I look at it, unless the photos are time stamped they could have been taken any time through out the cruise. even with a time stamp, you 'could have' put the pillow in your luggage after the photo.
if I was that worried about it all I would get my room steward to check the room when I left and have him sign off on it in the form of a signed note.
anyways, do you know if this has ever helped anyone? its better than nothing I guess but its just so full of holes. I can't see dcl saying okay, you have a picture, i'll take it off your bill.

i've read a few posts where people have done this but I don't see how it would help. I actually have wondered if anyone has used it to help with charges.
the way I look at it, unless the photos are time stamped they could have been taken any time through out the cruise. even with a time stamp, you 'could have' put the pillow in your luggage after the photo.
if I was that worried about it all I would get my room steward to check the room when I left and have him sign off on it in the form of a signed note.
anyways, do you know if this has ever helped anyone? its better than nothing I guess but its just so full of holes. I can't see dcl saying okay, you have a picture, i'll take it off your bill.

Same here:thumbsup2 And like you if I was really concerned the best thing would be getting the room steward to sign off that everything was there when you left.:thumbsup2

Do you know if your sister or a family member mistakenly left the stateroom door ajar upon checking out??

Someone might have saw it and maliciously jumped at the opportunity.

Seems unlikely given the strength of the springs on those doors... But anything is possible.

Does your sister remember seeing the red pillow when she first got to the room?

MJ

We were all in the same cabin and the pillow was there when we arrived.
As I give this all some thought... I remember looking for something my niece misplaced and saw the pillow under the bed!
How do I tell them that? Isn't still our word against theirs?
Wouldn't housekeeping check for such things and what does it say about their cleaning?

We were all in the same cabin and the pillow was there when we arrived.

As I give all of this some thought I remember looking for something my niece misplaced and saw the pillow under the bed!
How do I tell them that? Isn't it still our word against theirs?
Why would they not check and what does it say about their housekeeping?

Sorry duplicate!

Have you tried disputing the charges with your cc company? They need more than what they are saying to charge for it.

You don't have much time to report. I think it's only 30 days from the day the charge appears on your statement. Keep all your back-up (emails, document phone conversations, etc). I agree the cc can help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter