• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

19 year old 1st trip

angelia

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
I am taking my 19 year old nephew to Disney in May for his first trip. Do you think at that age he will still be able to enjoy Disney? I know I love it, but am concerned he will be disapointed. Just hoping someone will have some input on that age group and a first visit. thanks so much!!:)

It really depends on his attitude towards Disney and the types of attractions there. If he's expecting hardcore thrill rides, huge roller coasters, etc then he will probably be disappointed with Disney. And if he thinks the Disney movies and franchises are stupid, he probably won't enjoy the parks.

But, plenty of college-age kids love Disney stuff these days. If he's one of them, he'll probably have a great time. Just set appropriate expectations regarding the relatively low-key rides and attractions.

If he is a thrill-ride fan, I'd plan a day trip to Universal/IoA during your trip too, just to have those experiences too. :)

Thank you for the response! He has always wanted to go, so I hope he can find some things to get excited about once we are there. I did plan 2 days for us/ioa!!! I know he will love that! We are doing Disney first. I just hope he loves it. :)

I was 18 the first time I went and thought it was great. I think it was especially magical seeing it for the first time as a "grown-up" kid.

I may be bias since I grew up on Disney World lol but Id have to say there is a line between someone who can enjoy themselves anywhere and someone who just wants what they want and forget anything else! lol
If he has shown interest in Disney then yes there is always something for a Disney person. If he has no known interest then it will be up to him if he wants to have fun or not.

I just turned 20 last month, am a girl, and love Disney World. Although, I guess you can call me biased because I've been going with my family for quite a few years now. Also, being a girl I get really excited about anything Disney, the characters, rides, shows, etc. I also love spending time with my family. But like the people have said above me, he'll probably enjoy the rides. As long as he keeps an open mind I'm sure he'll have a fun time no matter what he does.

My brother will be 19 when I will be taking him next year. It won't be his first trip(he was about 3 and 12 his previous trips) but it will be our first vacation we'll be taking without our parents. I was planning the trip first but when I asked if he wanted to come he was all for it. He does like thrill rides (and we'll be swinging by US, me for HP and him for the coasters and because he's never been there) but he also likes all the little things as well. One of our main goals is to finally get to explore WS at EPCOT because we always rush though half the countries and I'm sure he'll like to try some of the different food there.

I think that's around the age where if they are being forced to go they will be miserable. But if they want to go and are open to enjoying things other than the next thrill ride then they will have a great time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter