$19 rate for car rentals at Dollar

raven69david

I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!
Found a great deal on SD and thought I'd share it with my fellow DIS'ers. I got a 5 day rental for $84 for a Dodge Calibre which is perfect for me, DW and DD4.

GREAT $19 rates on Dollar Rental Cars in Florida
For Orlando International airport or any airport in Florida
May 17 to 21 ( 5 days) for our specific trip and other dates worked too
Use code OOAG (see below)
$19 a day for Economy Cars
$21 a day for Compacts
$24 a day for Midsize
$29 a day Full size

http://www.dollar.com/Reservations/TimePlace.aspx

Use promo code OOAG for special low rates from Dollar. Good in Florida only. Source: Orlando Official Attractions Guide (Orlando / Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau)

I'm not sure if the Dollar site is not working or what but I can't get past the choose a car page!

Maggie

I just tried this code and I still get a better deal at Budget ( southwest Airlines code )for a full size as compared to Dollar for an intermediate. I hope everyone is reading the final price (including taxes and fees ) and not just the rental fee.:sad2: Check out Mousesavers.com for more codes and try them all to get the best price. Of course my problem is I have to rent for ten days not just seven. you always get a good deal for only a week rental.

THANKS!! I just got mine for 147.00 for the week for my trip in june! I had a g6 at enterprise for 220.00 so I saved some money...:cool1: I also got my moms rental in september for a minivan changed from 300.00 for a week to 199.00!

I am the worst at the car rentals, but I priced before and after the code....went from 269 down to 160 (this is for 10 days economy)

THEN let them give me the ACTUAL total (grand estimated total) and the 160 went to $338.00 with all their FEES, TAXES etc....that is NUTS!
:confused3

Hmm, that's odd. I used that code to do my reservation a few weeks ago. It was 160 before fees, and 223.07 after. $170-ish for fees is insane.

I am the worst at the car rentals, but I priced before and after the code....went from 269 down to 160 (this is for 10 days economy)

THEN let them give me the ACTUAL total (grand estimated total) and the 160 went to $338.00 with all their FEES, TAXES etc....that is NUTS!

I totally agree. $133 base + $58.51 fees = $191.51 RIDICULOUS!

Car Class:
Economy Chevrolet Aveo (or similar) Rental Time:
7 Days at $19.00 per day. Unlimited mileage.

Total Base Rate $133.00

Apt Conc Recov Fee $13.67
Facility Charge $12.50
Energy Recovery Fee $3.15
State Transact Tax $14.21
State Tax $11.69
Vehicle License Fee $3.29
Total Est. Mandatory Charges $58.51

Est. Grand Total $191.51

They all stink for August! With taxes and fees the best I can do for 8 days is Alamo for a midsize for 274.74 :sad2:YUCK! Hopefully they will come down. I know I have time...

They all stink for August! With taxes and fees the best I can do for 8 days is Alamo for a midsize for 274.74 :sad2:YUCK! Hopefully they will come down. I know I have time...

I am waiting for August too. The rates are very high. Do you mind sharing the codes for Alamo? I am looking for 8/1 to 8/11 out of Tampa and havent' been able to find anything under $300.

Hate to sound dumb, but what is SD?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Slickdeals.net

It's another discussion board that post a lot of deals on all kinds of things. Be careful if you visit. Just like here, you end up spending money instead of saving because you buy things that you were normally planning to. :rotfl:

I am still looking for May! We need for 8 days and cheapest I can do it $260 for mid-size or larger.

My budget is $200 or no car at all. Right now I have National for both weekends at $201 total. Luckily we are staying at the Beach Club Villas so can utilize the Dolphin desk easily. We will be without a car the middle 3 days of our trip. Not ideal, but at least we will have a car the bulk of our trip.

I have rented SUVs 3 times in the past for $200/week so these prices are killing me!

I think you missed the three extra days at $30/day. In smaller print it would have said "$250 total"

I am still looking for May! We need for 8 days and cheapest I can do it $260 for mid-size or larger.

My budget is $200 or no car at all. Right now I have National for both weekends at $201 total. Luckily we are staying at the Beach Club Villas so can utilize the Dolphin desk easily. We will be without a car the middle 3 days of our trip. Not ideal, but at least we will have a car the bulk of our trip.

I have rented SUVs 3 times in the past for $200/week so these prices are killing me!

We are also staying at BCV late May, early June for 10 nights. Right now, we are taking ME to BCV and picking up the car the next day at the Dolphin. We are keeping the car for 7 nights, mid-size vehicle for a total of $161. or I can keep it for 9 nights and return it the airport for a total of $241.; using the AAA code 6100253 [I am a member] and the $35. National coupon.

I am waiting for August too. The rates are very high. Do you mind sharing the codes for Alamo? I am looking for 8/1 to 8/11 out of Tampa and havent' been able to find anything under $300.

Do you have a costco membership or an Entertainment book? The rate I got was using the free day coupon code and the ID code available to Costco members or Entertainment book holders. (They both produced the same rate) If you don't and want to book the Entertainment rate I can give you the codes, PM me and you just need to make sure you buy an entertainment book before you travel. That is if you don't end up finding a better rate by Aug, which I hope you would!

We are also staying at BCV late May, early June for 10 nights. Right now, we are taking ME to BCV and picking up the car the next day at the Dolphin. We are keeping the car for 7 nights, mid-size vehicle for a total of $161. or I can keep it for 9 nights and return it the airport for a total of $241.; using the AAA code 6100253 [I am a member] and the $35. National coupon.

What is the $35 National coupon? When is it good until? I'm traveling end of Aug, and where can I get it?

What is the $35 National coupon? When is it good until? I'm traveling end of Aug, and where can I get it?

It's an e-coupon on the National website, but I just checked for you and it expires 6/30/09. :sad1: BUT, they usually keep those coupons ongoing, so keep checking back on it. For me - when I bring up the website, it is in the mid to lower right side of the page.

It's an e-coupon on the National website, but I just checked for you and it expires 6/30/09. :sad1: BUT, they usually keep those coupons ongoing, so keep checking back on it. For me - when I bring up the website, it is in the mid to lower right side of the page.

Thanks for checking for me. Yeah car rentals are one of the things that make me batty about planning a trip because a lot of the coupns and good rates don't come out until a couple months before. I like to plan ahead much further than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter