• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1800 contacts and MyPoints

maggiew

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ordered from 1800Contacts through MyPoints lately? For the past 2 days I have been trying to order and the link from Mypoints says "Not Valid".

Maggie

I did a google search on "mypoints" and "1800contacts" and found your posting. I just registered on disboards so I could post this reply!

No, the link for 1800contacts on mypoints is not working and I have tried to let them know at least a half a dozen times and I swear, communicating with their customer service people makes going to the DMV seem like a picnic. This is one of their responses to me:

Unfortunately Member Services is unable to replicate this issue as we are able to access the merchant site using the MyPoints link. Please note that while your computer may have the minimum system requirements required, various third-party software or applications on your computer may prevent you from accessing a particular merchant site through our links. Unfortunately MyPoints is unable to diagnose your computer and any such software impeding your attempts to connect. As we cannot award Points for purchases not made using our links we ask that you try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation

Isn't that nice? THEY can access the link ok so the problem is obviously mine. I've tried the link on 3 different computers and 2 different internet browsers and still end up at their web page "Invalid Link".

Here's another winner of a response from their customer service:

Thank you
>for contacting MyPoints Member Services. Please note this is an
>automated response.
>A Member Services Associate has begun investigation regarding this
>issue. You should receive a response to your inquiry within 2-3
>business days. However, it may take up to a week depending on the
>volume of mail we are currently experiencing. Rest assured your inquiry
>will be addressed as soon as possible.
>If you have other questions, please don't reply to this email. We're
>unable to get replies this way. Instead, go to your Account Statement
and select
>the "Last 3 Months" view. Find the transaction you are concerned about,
>and click on it. The "Contact Member Services" link will appear.
>Clicking will take you to the Contact Member Services web form.
>To help expedite our response to your inquiry, we ask that you refrain
>from sending multiple emails regarding the same issue. Sending
>multiple emails to us will add to our overall inquiry volume and
>further delay our responses to you and other members.

Gotta love that one. How can I click on the transaction in my account statement when their link won't allow me to get to 1800contacts website so I can make the transaction??? Well it's been over a week and no one has contacted me.

I've been a member of mypoints since 2000 but as soon as some of my pending points clear so I can get the award I want, I'm cancelling my account. If I can't get anything beyond a moronic script reply when I email a company's customer service department, I don't patronize the company.

I don't know if you are a member of Sunshine Rewards or not but they offer 4% cash back on 1-800-contacts and many other merchants and they have great customer service!

Old post, but in case anyone's wondering the 1-800-Contacts link for MyPoints IS working. I just checked it to be sure.

I don't know if you are a member of Sunshine Rewards or not but they offer 4% cash back on 1-800-contacts and many other merchants and they have great customer service!

Never heard of it - but I'll check it out. thanks!

Old post, but in case anyone's wondering the 1-800-Contacts link for MyPoints IS working. I just checked it to be sure.

No way, I just tried it again and ended up on the "invalid link" page. Question: when you click on the 1800contacts link, does the "Additional Details" popup window appear for you. It does for me and it is blank - all it says is "Additional Details" and then has the Continue and Cancel buttons. When I select Continue, I get to the Invalid Link page. I don't get it. I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and 3 different computers - same thing.

No way, I just tried it again and ended up on the "invalid link" page. Question: when you click on the 1800contacts link, does the "Additional Details" popup window appear for you. It does for me and it is blank - all it says is "Additional Details" and then has the Continue and Cancel buttons. When I select Continue, I get to the Invalid Link page. I don't get it. I've tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and 3 different computers - same thing.

Weirdness, still working for me. Additional details pops up, says:
Spend $129.99 or less and earn 500 Points.
Spend $130 or more and earn 750 Points.
New customers earn an additional 250 Points. (Once)
Clicking continue goes to 800-contacts page, I used Firefox. I tried every link I could find. All merchant listing, Heath & Personal Care, the little side box if you do search: all popped up the same. Wish I could be more help, don't know why it's wonky for you :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter