180 Mark Question

LikeSeriously

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at AoA the first full week in October. I believe my chance to start making reservations will be around the first week in April.

Will the schedules for October Character Meals be released a good deal before then? I'm just curious as to how much time I will have to look over the schedules and decide.

Also, should I definitely make all of my reservations on the first day they are open to me or do I just need to make them soon after? I'm sure some of them fill up quickly but is it like the first day/week/month?

Thanks y'all!

We will be staying at AoA the first full week in October. I believe my chance to start making reservations will be around the first week in April.

Will the schedules for October Character Meals be released a good deal before then? I'm just curious as to how much time I will have to look over the schedules and decide.

Also, should I definitely make all of my reservations on the first day they are open to me or do I just need to make them soon after? I'm sure some of them fill up quickly but is it like the first day/week/month?

Thanks y'all!
With the possible exception of CRT and Chef Mickey's, you shouldn't have an issue making a character meal ADRs if you aren't sitting at your phone on the 180-day mark. Those two sometimes fill up rapidly, but the others usually have a fair amount of latitude. If you're flexible with your day and times, even CRT and CM should be doable within the 180-day timeframe. Good luck!

Thanks y'all!

If there is a restaurant you really want to eat at, you should make that ADR at 180, especially for the popular inpark restaurants. They do fill up, sometimes the same day.
I don't understand your question about character meal schedules. They don't change based on the park schedules. If the earliest breakfast is 8:05 at the MK on a day it opens at 9 AM, and they have EMH or extend the hours and open at 8AM, the first breakfast stays at 8:05AM.
Good Luck

I guess I didn't word the schedule thing right. It will be other scheduled events we'll be working our meals around. We will not have park hopper passes so I need to make sure we are eating at a park on Monday that we'll actually be visiting on Monday if that makes sense. I had also been told that not all of the meals were scheduled 7 days a week but maybe that was bad information? Thanks for the info y'all.

I guess I didn't word the schedule thing right. It will be other scheduled events we'll be working our meals around. We will not have park hopper passes so I need to make sure we are eating at a park on Monday that we'll actually be visiting on Monday if that makes sense. I had also been told that not all of the meals were scheduled 7 days a week but maybe that was bad information? Thanks for the info y'all.

There is no schedule of character meals. At the restaurants that have character meals, they are every day. Now, some restaurants have characters at all 3 meals, some don't if that is what you mean, but that is a known thing - that doesn't change depending on the day of the week.

IMO, it is better to look at the park hours decide what park you are going to first, then decide where you want to eat. If you are going in October, the TA calendar of park hours should be about the last week of this month. That should give you a couple days before your 180 date to decide on where you will be on a given day.

HERE is the link for the TA calendar, just keeping checking it toward the end of the month and it will update to 2013. The September calendar was out around Feb. 25th, so the October calendar should be out the last few days of this month.

I hope that answers your question, I was still a little unclear what exactly you are asking. :)

LikeSeriously said:
I had also been told that not all of the meals were scheduled 7 days a week but maybe that was bad information? Thanks for the info y'all.

Pretty much all the meals are everyday, though there are exceptions like Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Things that fill up very quickly are BOG, 'Ohana, CRT, and pre-park opening breakfast ADRs.

I would make reservations as soon as you can, and then you can always change them.

do you think december calender will be out befor june 1

i, too have certain places to eat, no park hoppers

http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

there is a calculator to base what day to make your reservation.

For the biggies== one day wait can make all the difference in the world

Thanks for that link. I knew there was something for everything but never thought of looking for a reservtion calculator! My 180 day mark is now on my calendar.

Would definitely make reservations for the character meals especially BOG, CRT, or Ohana's, at the 180 day mark plus anything like Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter