180 days of planing on where to eat!!! My pre-dining review.

Tara922c

DIS Veteran
I have spent countless hours on these boards looking a food pictures, and deciding where I am going to eat on my May trip to Disney!!! We booked the trip in September, and I made most of my ADRs right at 180 days out (November!!) People think I am crazy for waking up at 6 am to make dining reservations!! If it wasn't for The Dis, we would be going to Disney without a single ADR, and the dining plan:eek: To show my thanks for all the hard work of my fellow dis'ers posting countless pictures of yummy food, I too will do a dining review on my vacation! I wasn't going to do it, because I thought my DH would think I am crazy, but I asked him if he would mind, and he said, "if it makes you happy, you can even take pictures of my food". So in one month we will be at my favorite place in the world, and I will take pictures of EVERYTHING I eat!! (in a way, that is a little scary:scared1:)

Meet my family!!!

Me: Tara... I am a 27 year old full time student, worker, and mom. I have always loved Mickey, but fell in love with Disney World when I did the Disney College Program in the Spring of 2006. This will be my 4th trip back to Disney since my College Program. As far as food goes, I say I am not picky, but DH says I am very picky:confused3. I hate pickles, white milk, and cauliflower. Of course there are more foods I dislike, but those are at the top of my list. I am allergic to shellfish, so I do not eat any shrimp, lobster, crab, clams, ect. I will eat fish, but it is not my favorite. I love sweets, and I am excited about desert at every meal, but have a feeling most of that desert will be coming back to our room for a midnight snack!

DH: Brian... 29
, and works in sales. This will be his 3rd time to Disney World. The first time was to pick me up from my college program, and drive back to Texas with me. I was so sick, that I made the poor thing leave after 3 hours in the parks! (I feel really bad now). He isn't as big of a Disney fan as I am, but still has tons of fun. He had a blast on our trip last May, despite the moonsoon rain storms, and booked this trip without my knowledge for this May:banana: What a man!! DH likes almost anything. He is easy to please, and could live off sandwhiches and Ramen if I ever refused to cook. (that is what he ate in his bachelor days) The only thing he doesn't like is corn. Now, he likes corn on the cob, he just doesn't like corn nibblets. He says he doesn't like sweets, but he does. (just doesn't want to admit it). He is so easy to please, that even if the food is bad, he wont complain.

DD: Rylee...3, goes to pre-school, and loves her princesses. Rylee is the apple of my eye, and the whole reason I go to Disney every year! Seeing her eyes light up is all I need for a great vacation. Rylee is a picky eater. If I let her, her diet would consist of cereal, pizza, chicken nuggets, and chocolate milk. I imagine most Rylee's meals will consist of the above!!

Now for our ADRs!!!! Last year we did not do the dining plan and had several ADRs booked. Because of the monsoon, and having a 2 year old in tow, (and someone forgot to set the alarm one night!!) we had to cancel most of our ADRs.:sad: We just couldn't bring ourselves to drag our dd through a park when it was pouring down rain. We ended up ordering pizza, and eating offsite. This year we wont have a car (something tells me dh is going to rent one, so this is 100%), so we will be FORCED to enjoy our wonderful Disney food! We also have the dining plan, so rain or shine, we will eat!!

We are going May 16th-23rd, and staying at PORQ.

Sunday May 16th-- Boatrights at POR (I am thinking we may cancel this one)

Monday May 17th-- CRT Breakfast!!! (OOP) and Crystal Palace Dinner

Tuesday May 18th--- Le Cellier.. early dinner

Wednesday May 19th---- Boma breakfast and Cape May Clam Bake Dinner

Thursday May 20th---Chef Mickey's Late Breakfast

Friday May 21st-- Breakfast at Kona Cafe (yum yum), and dinner at Alkuhers (spelling??)

Saturday May 22nd-- Lunch at 50's Prime Time

DH will not let me plan beyond our ADRs. I have no idea what CS places we will eat, but I will take pictures! I can't wait, just a few more weeks, I will have a break from school, and work, and be in DISNEY!!!!

100_0519-1.jpg

Some great ADRs - looking forward to reading the reviews when you get back!!

12 days until we can make our adrs for our next trip.

I'm excited to hear about your reviews - I'll be doing a dining review myself, but we only have two restaurants in common...one of which is Boma at the same time and date! Too funny...guess it's a small world after all! (Yes, cheesy but it fits)

We'll be there the same time as you :cool1:. In fact, we are eating at Le Cellier on the 18th too, but not until 7:40 :).

:eek:
We'll be there the same time as you :cool1:. In fact, we are eating at Le Cellier on the 18th too, but not until 7:40 :).

Our ADR at Le Cellier is around 5. We had an ADR around 7 PM last year, and they were so backed up that some people had been waiting for over an hour and a half!! It was pouring down rain, dd was starving, I was hungry, dh was in a bad mood, so we told the host that we were going to have to leave. This is after we were told there is a possibility that some people with ADRs wouldn't even be accomidated!! It was the first day of no rain all week (started raining at 7), and the host said that central reservations overbooked them because of all the people who cancelled due to the rain eariler in the week. He said that the previous day they were dead! We were both so sad. This year when I made ADRs dh said all he cared about was Le Cellier, and I was happy when I got it! I figured I would make it early, so if they were backed up, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

I'm excited to hear about your reviews - I'll be doing a dining review myself, but we only have two restaurants in common...one of which is Boma at the same time and date! Too funny...guess it's a small world after all! (Yes, cheesy but it fits)

It is a small world after all! I once started up a conversation with someone at Disney, and found out they lived in my neighborhood! You will notice us, we stand out like a sore thumb. I am barley 5 foot, and dh is 6'4!!! DD is 3, but looks under 2, she is only 26 pounds and 34 inches tall. I heard so many good things about BOMA, so I am excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter