• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

180 Days - at 6am and NO AVAILABILITY???

LoveRafiki

Mouseketeer
Hi
Help me please.... I thought that the "new" day for 180 days was at 6am.
I tried today at 6am to book Chef Mickey for dinner Nov. 22 and there was NOTHING.
and Nothing at Garden Grill --etc.

What is the deal???

I want to book Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving and that 180 day is in a few days.

What is the "new" trick these days?

Thanks!!

I logged on last week when it was my 180 and could not get a BOG reservation the entire week. I did get Chef Mickey's by booking it at the end of my trip. Maybe you can try that.

The trick is that people people staying onsite can book 180 days +10. So 180 days from their arrival, they can book ADRs for their entire stay, up to 10 days. Onsite people can snag popular ADRs at the end of their trip before offsite people have even hit their 180 days.

Another trick is being lucky that the dining computer system is functional when you call in, there are lots of stories about the dining system being down a lot recently. Disney also might be playing tricks with the ADRs, people report seeing large blocks of new available ADRs (unlikely attributable to cancellations) showing up in the system well inside of 180 days.

Reservations for LTT aren't open yet because it's undergoing extensive renovations. Not sure when they will open it up, probably once they are certain it will be open on time.

This happened to me at the 180 day mark too. I was on the phones at 6am and got everything except BOG dinner. I am going during September which is supposed to be the "slower time". This is my 3rd year in a row going in September and this is the first time that I have not gotten an ADR that I wanted. At first I was so upset but then I got back on the next morning bright and early and had no problems getting BOG dinner. So I would suggest to just keep trying!! Hopefully something will come up. Good luck

We are also going in Sept and booked our ADR's at 180 days out. Got everything I wanted but not always at the times I wanted. Two weeks later I tried to get an ADR in either France or Mexico and nothing was available (start day for F&W). I kept trying and Sunday I was able to get either one for dinner at multiple times. Book Mama Melrose but not on the Fantasmic package which I am still trying to change. Don't give up things open all of the time you just have to keep checking up until the day before you want the ADR.

I had a horrible time getting Garden Grill. I was eventually able to, but it took weeks of trying every single day.

A lot of people seem to have issues with Oct and Nov ADRs due to free dining. Just keep trying - a lot of people "hoard" reservations then cancel them as time goes on. Just keep checking every day and you should get something (although, just a heads up, the times aren't usually ideal).

I have been having a very, very difficult time booking ADRs for our November trip. I logged on at 6am and had issues with the website, called at 7 and sat on hold for close to an hour just to be told nothing I wanted was available. We should have just saved our money and stayed offsite. I don't see a reason to stay onsite it we ever go back again. We drive so we have a car, and if I have to stalk the website daily for reservations anyway I might as well save the money.

I'm going in November the day after free dining ends and can't get anything either. I cant get the free dinning because we're not checking in until the day after and doing a split stay. So frustrating not being able to get an adr! Good luck!

Disney's website stinks. I would give it a bit and try again. I bet there's something available.

For such a great company - I'm stunned they are ok with the face of their company being as bad as it is. Its truly the worst.

Disney's website stinks. I would give it a bit and try again. I bet there's something available.

For such a great company - I'm stunned they are ok with the face of their company being as bad as it is. Its truly the worst.

Hmmmm. I've seen issues but love using the site. I've never considered the site to be an embarrassment considering how many people use it daily. I hope you have a better experience with it in the future.

Thanks everyone.... stupid me forgot about the 180 + 10. I've got most of what i needed -- except LTT (which I will check back later) and no Candlelight processional... Garden Grill is totally full.
I did get Chef Mickey for Thanksgiving... at 4:35. Its not where I wanted to go that day.... but my kids will be thrilled....
Thanks! i will keep trying on LTT.
Surprised that Boma is showing really full on most days also --- secret must be out on that one.

Keep in mind your 180 days is always after a ton of other people's 180 days has passed. You're always playing against a stacked deck with this system and its almost to a point where your hoping someone cancels so you can get what you want.

I am in the need of 3 reservations for my stay in November. I have been trying daily and NOTHING. I want the trip to be perfect and it's not turning out like that. Ugh. Hopefully Cinderalla's Royal Table, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine opens up sometime!!

. . . For such a great company - I'm stunned they are ok with the face of their company being as bad as it is. Its truly the worst.

1) Profits are up.
2) Stock price is up.
3) Why should they care about much else?

:cool1:

Thanks everyone.... stupid me forgot about the 180 + 10. I've got most of what i needed -- except LTT (which I will check back later) and no Candlelight processional... Garden Grill is totally full.
I did get Chef Mickey for Thanksgiving... at 4:35. Its not where I wanted to go that day.... but my kids will be thrilled....
Surprised that Boma is showing really full on most days also --- secret must be out on that one.

I have been having trouble with Garden Grill too! I finally was able to get dinner the day I wanted, but really late at night. I've never been there before, so I'm wondering why it is such a difficult ADR to get? I had no idea it was so popular, or is it just a smaller place?

I called about Candlelight Processional because I was at 180 plus 7 days so I couldn't believe that many people were trying to get a CP package at the plus 8, 9, or 10 mark. Anyway, they are not in the system yet. She said they usually come out in July or August.

We had a tough time getting a reasonable ADR for dinner at Ohana. With three kids 7 and under an 8:20 dinner reservation is quite late. However I'm optimistic.

I have read on a few other boards and a few friends swear that often more reservation spots become available closer to the date. There seems to be some debate as to whether it's ADR hoarders releasing reservations, Disney opening up spots closer or a combination of the two. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and still checking daily) that we can get something earlier in the evening that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter