• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

180 day reservations and my check-in date

slyster

DIS Veteran
Hi...my vacation begins on Sept. 23rd...My 180 days would begin on March 27. I have read in a few places about 180 days plus 10? Not sure what that means?

Can someone explain it? Also, I'm assuming if I want to book say Cinderella's breakfast on Sept. 24th, I have to wait until March 28th since that's 180 days out?

I guess I'm thinking plus 10 means, if I'm checking in on Sept. 23rd for 5 nights, I can begin booking all my dates on March 27th. Maybe I'm just not getting it LOL

Thanks in advance...

If you are staying on-site @ a Disney resort, 180 days out from your check-in date, you can book reservations for the first 10 days of your vacation (or 11, I'm not really ever clear on whether +10 actually means 11 total since we don't normally stay that long.)

If you are staying off-site, you do not get this perk, and you have to book all your dining 180 days or less from the date you want to dine. So to make 10 days worth of reservations on the 180th day out, you would have to call or go online 10 days in a row.

Thanks Vicki...I'm actually staying at Port Orleans French Quarter...

So, it sounds like I can make all my reservations beginning March 27th...

If I understand this, I may not even be able to reserve cinderella's breakfast because if others prior to March 27, reserve it the same way, it may not be available if I try to book it 180 days out?

its 180 + 10 so you can actually book your adr's for the first 11 days of your trip. I only know because I just did it last week. I had to call in the next day to make a ressie for the very last day of our vacation, the 12th day.

and, to answer your question, I wondered about that too, if it could be all filled up from the prior 180 + 10 day'ers and, the answer is, I guess it could be but I doubt it. We're going in sept which is a slow time but its also during free dining and I booked at 180 and got EVERY single adr I wanted at the EXACT time I wanted it including CRT, Le Cellier, Ohana, etc. I really think the $10 cancellation thing has helped cut down on the multiple adr's people were booking before. Plus, I don't think there are as many people out there booking 180 days out as being here on disboards makes it seem like there are... let's face it, a lot of people don't even know that you can book book adr's or that they can be done 6 mos ahead of time, lots of people don't plan their vacations that far ahead, etc.

good luck!

Ok...thanks for the feedback. We aren't going to do Cinderella this year but we do want to Crystal Palace (didn't do that one before). Oh and I love the dwarfs! If you see this, may I ask where you were able to see all of them at once?

Signed a young kid at heart :wizard:

Your questions have already been answered, but I just wanted to add to make sure you have your resort confirmation handy as you will need that to make ADRs past the first day. If you book online, it will ask you for the confirmation number if you try to make an ADR past 180 days since the 180 + 10 only applies to those staying at a Disney resort. If you call to make your ADRs, the CM will confirm it as well :).

Ok...thanks for the feedback. We aren't going to do Cinderella this year but we do want to Crystal Palace (didn't do that one before). Oh and I love the dwarfs! If you see this, may I ask where you were able to see all of them at once?

Signed a young kid at heart :wizard:

The 7 dwarves appear only at hard ticket parties - MNSSHP and possibly MVMCP, but I'm not even sure of that one.

ok, got it...I have my reservation # which is what i'm assuming the confirmation number is. I booked directly through Disney.

Thanks everyone!

Fantasmic dinner packages seem to be 90 days out now instead of 180. Does it work the same way, i.e. 90 + 10 or whatever from check-in date?

Or is it 90 days from the date of the ADR?

Thanks!

Fantasmic dinner packages seem to be 90 days out now instead of 180. Does it work the same way, i.e. 90 + 10 or whatever from check-in date?

Thanks!

Anything that becomes available in the system less than 180 days out (like your example, or the Wishes dessert party) can be booked by anyone immediately. There is no on-site guest advantage at that point.

Thanks!

I think the F! Dinner Packages book @ 180 days out too. They weren't available online for our 180 day mark, but I called and they were able to book it. Unless, of course, Disney changed their minds and now book around 90 out for that one.

so it sounds like it's best to call for reservations as opposed to doing it online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter