180 +10 Please explain...

GeoDad

Earning My Ears
OK, this site is so eye opening, even after buying two guide books, which are excellent resources, HOWEVER I had never heard of 180 +10 until today. Here's the question: when booking character meals, is it still 180 days out minimum, or can I call right now? We booked ASMv and I have had July 9 circled on the calendar for two months:teacher: . But if I can call right away and get our dream (read lottery odds) character meal at Cindy's that will be one less thingy on the agenda.

Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks.

HOWEVER I had never heard of 180 +10 until today. Here's the question: when booking character meals, is it still 180 days out minimum, or can I call right now?

If you are already 180 days out from the FIRST day of your trip, you can book all character meals now. You can also book all of your planned dining up to the next 9 days of your trip (10 days total). You do not have to wait until tomorrow to book day 2 of your trip etc...

The only exception may be Cinderella Royal Table and Yak and Yeti, which have to be reserved at the 180 day mark.

We booked ASMv and I have had July 9 circled on the calendar for two months:teacher: . But if I can call right away and get our dream (read lottery odds) character meal at Cindy's that will be one less thingy on the agenda.

Are you going to Disney on 07/09 or is that your 180th day?

If your going on 07/09..STOP READING AND CALL NOW!!

If 07/09 is the 180th day before your vacation then, no, you have to wait until the 180th day before your vacation

Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks

You're welcome!

CRT can also be booked at 180+10.

To the OP, you only get the 180+10 from check-in date privilege if you are staying on site.
If you are off-site, you have to do the 180 days from your meal date, one day at a time for each day of your trip.

ETA: And here's a link to a calculator to figure out your 180th day out, in case you need it. July 9 is 180 days out from a January 5 arrival date (or dining date).

http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

OK, this site is so eye opening, even after buying two guide books, which are excellent resources, HOWEVER I had never heard of 180 +10 until today. Here's the question: when booking character meals, is it still 180 days out minimum, or can I call right now? We booked ASMv and I have had July 9 circled on the calendar for two months:teacher: . But if I can call right away and get our dream (read lottery odds) character meal at Cindy's that will be one less thingy on the agenda.

Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks.
You shouldn't have a problem getting CRT at 180 days out. It's not quite as hard to get in at CRT since the prices have gone up so much and because it is the only character meal that takes 2 table service credits on the Disney Dining Plan. Also, a long time ago, CRT used to only be a character meal at breakfast, now there are characters at all three meal seatings. Though, at the dinner seating, Cinderella is only in the lobby for pictures and The Fairy Godmother and the two mice do a little song and dance during the meal. There are multiple princesses there during breakfast and lunch. Hope ya'll have a magical trip!

I have been stressing over CRT for the second week of Feb.
You guys have made me feel so much better ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter