180+10 days and park?

Lizziotti

Mouseketeer
Like many I plan my reservations on which park I'm going to for the day but I don't decide what park I'm going to until the crowd calendars are out and the park times are posted. So how do people make reservations so soon? I haven't had the luxury of doing this in a long time. My previous trips have been sort of last minute and scouring the cancellation threads. (So please excuse my ignorance) Id love to not have to do that this time but not sure how to plan ahead. I'm hoping for a November trip not sure the days yet just thinking a head.

Also what if I book a room make dining reservations and then decide to stay off site so cancel my room reservations which is a possibility if my DH is sent to Orlando for work again. Will I lose all my dining reservations then?

Thanks for your input!

Like many I plan my reservations on which park I'm going to for the day but I don't decide what park I'm going to until the crowd calendars are out and the park times are posted. So how do people make reservations so soon? I haven't had the luxury of doing this in a long time. My previous trips have been sort of last minute and scouring the cancellation threads. (So please excuse my ignorance) Id love to not have to do that this time but not sure how to plan ahead. I'm hoping for a November trip not sure the days yet just thinking a head.

Also what if I book a room make dining reservations and then decide to stay off site so cancel my room reservations which is a possibility if my DH is sent to Orlando for work again. Will I lose all my dining reservations then?

Thanks for your input!

You don't need a room reservation to make dining reservations (only to do the +10 thing) so they should be fine if you cancel your room.

I never look at crowd calendars and have a rough idea of what park hours were the previous year or may be upcoming, so plan my park days and ADRs (although I make very few ADRs any more). Look at what the hours were for this November. Park hours are out now through June 11, which is 6 months, subject to change as always! If the park hours change there are only a few ADRs that I can't find a replacement for, and if it is one I really want, I just keep it. November you will have MVMCP to deal with early MK closing.

I think they usually do, no guarantees until they are officially announced though.

And if you want an ADR at MK on a party night you are not attending, there is a cutoff time beyond which you can't make that ADR. I do not remember what it was this year - 6:30? something like that? I think it was a new time this year, used to be more like 6:55.

Disney releases preliminary park hours pretty early (more than 180+10) along with EMH days. I don't plan around park hours (because they can, and probably will, change as soon as 2 weeks before the trip). EMH days don't change nearly as frequently. I haven't found Touring Plans' crowd calendars to be all that accurate and I don't use them.

I never use crowd calendars. Magic Kingdom is always my first park day, and Epcot is always my second. Magic Kingdom is also always my last park day, and if i'm doing more than one day at Epcot, I put another Epcot day as my second to last day. Any other park days I just place randomly in there, and then plan where I want to eat based on that.

It will be crowded. There seems to he no difference anymore between crowds. I wouldn't trust a calendar that is based on data from previous years. It no longer applies. Plan what works best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter