18 year old

jrm11697

Mouseketeer
What exactly can an 18 yr old do on board? (either Fantasy or Magic- most likely)

If we do indeed go, he will graduate a month after the cruise; will they still let him in the teen club? Or will he be able to do the adult stuff (adult only areas..etc)

Once you turn 18 you are no longer allowed in the teen club Vibe. This is even if your birthday is while you are on the ship. They can then go to the adult venues at night. Make sure they have their KTTW card and ID because it's likely they will be carded.

What exactly can an 18 yr old do on board? (either Fantasy or Magic- most likely)

If we do indeed go, he will graduate a month after the cruise; will they still let him in the teen club? Or will he be able to do the adult stuff (adult only areas..etc)

As noted, an 18 year old can attend any of the adult-only venues (just can't drink alcohol).

I'll also point out there is an 18*21 group that meets up the first night (aided by a DCL CM) that can plan activities as a group to do during the cruise. If that's something your 18 year old might be interested in, it's very important to attend that first meeting. Otherwise, if no one shows up, nothing gets planned.

Ok. That's what I thought. I just wasn't sure that since he will still be in high school, they will make an exception

Ok. That's what I thought. I just wasn't sure that since he will still be in high school, they will make an exception

There was a time when 18 year olds, who hadn't started college yet, were allowed to participate in the teen club.

That changed about 2-3 years ago.

In a way, I wish he could go in Vibe so he can meet more people, but rules are rules.

Sorry, he will be an adult.

I'll also point out there is an 18*21 group that meets up the first night (aided by a DCL CM) that can plan activities as a group to do during the cruise. If that's something your 18 year old might be interested in, it's very important to attend that first meeting. Otherwise, if no one shows up, nothing get's planned.
Oh I see. I've never gone as an adult before

That is a tough spot on DCL however I've cruised twice with DCL since turning 18 (and will sail for my 21st) and have loved it every time!

I personally enjoy spending time with my parents and younger siblings so not having something like Vibe isn't a big deal at all!

If they do want to get away for a bit I recommend going to the Adult only pool, check out the Spa (if they are interested) Bingo was a lot of fun honestly for the whole family! and I really enjoy Palo I'm a foodie so if your 18 year old doesn't like dressing up for a nice meal then obviously not a great choice :)

I'm sure your 18 year old will have a great time on the cruise :thumbsup2

That is a tough spot on DCL however I've cruised twice with DCL since turning 18 (and will sail for my 21st) and have loved it every time!

I personally enjoy spending time with my parents and younger siblings so not having something like Vibe isn't a big deal at all!

If they do want to get away for a bit I recommend going to the Adult only pool, check out the Spa (if they are interested) Bingo was a lot of fun honestly for the whole family! and I really enjoy Palo I'm a foodie so if your 18 year old doesn't like dressing up for a nice meal then obviously not a great choice :)

I'm sure your 18 year old will have a great time on the cruise :thumbsup2

That sounds great! It's a bit of a weird age as he will either be the oldest in Vibe or the youngest in the adult areas! But he's pretty flexible so it shouldn't be a huge deal

I'm interested in what this age can do onboard also, so I'd be happy to report back to you after we sail in July. Ours sons will be 19 and 23. I'm trying to figure out what would interest them in the adult areas since they don't drink.

I'm interested in what this age can do onboard also, so I'd be happy to report back to you after we sail in July. Ours sons will be 19 and 23. I'm trying to figure out what would interest them in the adult areas since they don't drink.

Kinda sounds like 18-23 is like the category "other"- kinda hard to place them since most of the adults in the adult areas are married and/or have kids

Could an 18 year old go to the Vibe during open house hours to play video games, for instance?

OP I truly understand where you're coming from! To me this age group (18-21) is such a weird age-group to meet & plan activities.....especially the older ones that are legal to drink. My daughter will turn 18 three weeks before our cruise & a senior in high school. The setting for the Vibe is how her friends hangout.....not at bars. We aren't making a issue about it & we understand there needs to be rules!

I was eighteen turning nineteen when I cruised on the Fantasy last year. My boyfriend and I mostly stuck to ourselves because the 18-21 group wasn't really our scene; they seemed to be more into lounging around the pool and partying than participating in activities (which is great if that's what you're into! Just not for us.) This can vary by cruise I'm sure. We got to know some cast members, went to Palo (highly recommend!), saw shows in both the all-ages and adult venues, and participated in a PILE of activities on the Navigator. We did trivia (and were pretty terrible at it but it was all in good fun!) we took part in little contests around the ship, we got photos with the characters, snacked on room service and watched movies, and obviously explored the ports. It was probably a bit different for us considering we were traveling by ourselves and were pretty content spending most of our time with each other, but we did become acquainted with some people of our own age who were lovely! It just takes a bit of conversation :) There's so much to do on the ship that I think you'd have to make more of an effort NOT to do something than it takes to find something you want to do! There's so much we didn't get a chance to do. Disney does such a good job to cater to all ages, and I never felt like I was in an "odd" age group because I couldn't go to the teen clubs or whatnot. The CMs and characters made us feel so special. There's so much more to the cruise that! If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

Could an 18 year old go to the Vibe during open house hours to play video games, for instance?

I believe so! There were adults in the Oceaneer's club during the open house hours so I can't see the Vibe being any different! I never went there myself, though.

I think my 18 yr old was bored on our cruise. His brothers were in the teen clubs the entire cruise so he really didn't have anyone to hang around with. He tried to do some of the activities but said people didn't show up. Went to a dance one night and came back very early, said they were older and were able to drink so he felt out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter