• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

18 Wonderful nights at RPR.....Michael Myers too!! (2014 Trip)

Friday 26th September............

I think by now we have photographed every inch of the parks, hotels, food and Citywalk........same as previous years, but we keep doing it every year. As the trip comes to an end we tend to take less pics of each other, I suppose it`s a bit sad as we don`t want to leave.

But we ached like heck this morning, we had done so much walking it was beginning to show on us.....Kyle is fit as a fiddle but Tom and I not so much. But we were feeling it after 16 days of marching around every day, but we could recover when we got home. Our last full day was finally upon us.

We headed up to the lounge for breakfast and said goodbye to one member of staff we wouldn`t see tomorrow. As we were eating there was a woman who had been looking over at us came over and asked if used to post on a certain British site. Well I did and got fed up with the atmosphere on there so stopped a long time ago. Anyway, we got talking and she says she recognised me from my previous trip reports on here. She was a nice lady and she remembered a thread I had started a few years ago. Anyway we had a good old chat and she told me of some people who had been banned from that British site now.......always interesting to hear what happens to people at times. So we chatted for a bit then we headed off. Kyle and Tom always think it`s funny when people you don`t know chat to you because they recognise you from a forum.

Went back down to room and called my mate Vicki...Tink1957. She was here this year with her daughter and we overlapped by a day or so.....well I had gotten her arrival day wrong, but we arranged to meet tonight at HHN. We headed down to the boat and as we were waiting I saw Vicki and her daughter so went over to say hi. It was so nice to see her again and meet her daughter as we had met her son last year, but he had to work this year. So we got the boat together and they were going to IOA, so we headed to Studios. It was a nice day, warm and cloudy, but you could feel rain was close.

We went in and did all our usual rides. DM was a walk on as was RRR which we did 4 or 5 times....it was fantastic as we got on the front row each time. That`s definetely the best row to be on. We wandered round slowly, partly because we ached so bad and our feet hurt.....but we were just taking everything in again. Every building, sound and the color of things. It was fairly quiet so we could wander without getting in people`s way. As we went in The Mummy the TM who recognised us a few days ago was shocked to see us again........he just laughed and hugged us when we told him this was our last day.....he said it seemed like a month since he first saw us, anyway we went in and really enjoyed it as always. We did it twice then sadly left that area and headed round to DA taking in some pictures on the way......

i-rD63fPc-X2.jpg

i-PJMnSGW-X2.jpg

i-dmFRw4p-X2.jpg

i-bn86zBp-X2.jpg

i-WCkXJjN-X2.jpg

i-GCqxj87-X2.jpg

i-HjkJmFR-X2.jpg

i-Pn6rT37-X2.jpg

It was busy in this area today, very busy. So we just spent the time ambling round, taking some last minute pictures and had an ice cream before going into KA and again.....more pictures. But I`m sure they have been seen a thousand times so won`t post any more. We did go on single rider today although it broke down just before we got on it, we went to turn and leave when it started running again.....yay.......we got on one last time and we got on the front row.....it was nice. This is a very clever ride and a good one although it doesn`t have any exciting drops or like a coaster in any way it is well worth riding, even if you`re not a Potter fan. We`re not the biggest Potter fans but the whole area is phenomenal and an amazing place to be. Blows anything else out of the water.

The rain was coming on now and we were beginning to get hungry. We really have no desire to eat in any of the Potter themed restaurants at all so we head out to Lombards. This place is either a hit or a miss for us. But we wanted to try it again and see. So we went in and got seated immediately, it wasn`t busy at this point.

i-vcDTstN-X2.jpg

It is lovely inside and doesn`t feel like a theme park restaurant at all. Service is always good and was again today. I knew what I wanted so it was just waiting on them deciding. I ordered the lobster roll with sweet potato fries......I adore sweet potatoes........Kyle ordered Teriyaki Chicken and Tom had the Phillycheese steak sandwich with fries

i-wrgK3HK-X2.jpg

i-2w7LGKk-X2.jpg

i-vdqLtTp-X2.jpg

I was so glad we went. It really was lovely. Everything was so tasty and my lobster roll had so much lobster in it.....I wasn`t expecting as much. Kyle`s chicken was delicious too......I did steal his spring roll. I don`t think I had one of the shooters but Kyle had the chocolate one and he said it was nice. We finished up and headed out back into the sunshine as the rain had gone off by now. We dithered as to what to do now. Should we go to IOA for a while or finish off in The Studios for our last park moment. We decide to go round and do MIB, Simpson`s for them and then ET. So we did that and then went on RRR for the last time. The sky was getting blacker by now and we knew the rain was coming. Just hoped it wouldn`t be too bad for HHN tonight.

We got back to the hotel before the rain came on but boy was the sky black. I sent macraven a pm to say I was in the room was she around for a chat. So she called me and we, as usual chatted for ages. Tom fell asleep while we were chatting and Kyle was on his ipad, so we were all happy with some down time while I was chatting.....and boy can we chat......lol.......

I`m off the phone later and we all get showered and changed and head up to the lounge before we go out for dinner. We sit on the comfy sofa`s and have a glass of wine and Mike, one of the guys who is in charge of the lounge is on the downstairs concierge desk for a few days comes up from there to say goodbye to us as he won`t be in tomorrow. It`s so nice of him as we have gotten to know him so well this year. I`m sad to say goodbye to him, but we do as we are heading off to our final HHN for this year.

We are a little later than planned but I we didn`t mind as we were chatting as usual........Nascar was fairly busy tonight, and we had our "usual" waitress. We all knew what we were having tonight, well Tom planned one thing then changed his mind..........

i-vHM7pLx-X2.jpg

i-fx54s3w-X2.jpg

i-JsVW2Hr-X2.jpg

i-wpt34L6-X2.jpg

i-xBKs24M-X2.jpg

Kyle had Teriyaki Chicken with fries and veg, Tom had jerk pork chops with fries and I had pulled pork platter with sweet potato fries and coleslaw which was all gorgeous. One of the best meals we had and we are so disappointed that Nascar has closed down now. Just hope whatever they replace it with is just as good. We didn`t have room for dessert so we paid up and headed in to meet up with Vicki at the Boulangerie.

We went through the hotel guest entrance again, I`m glad we didn`t have to go through the regular queue especially as again, we could see and hear some very young children. I don`t understand that at all. But, we were soon meeting up and chatting with Vicki and her daughter. We had a really nice catch up but soon we are heading off to do our own thing.........I wish we could have spent more time together but with the mix up of when they arrived, we just kind of lost out on time.

But, we went straight through Face Off again, didn`t take a whole lot of pics tonight a lot more of the same really. Halloween was still our favorite house of the whole event and we really enjoyed it tonight again. MM got me at every turn and I got the Michael head tilt from him twice tonight.....so scary to see and I get transfixed every time. Dollhouse wasn`t as stinky tonight outside but the house was still good. The rain was on now, but strangely it wasn`t soaking us like before, it was very fine so you could walk around easily without feeling drenched. We did the rest of the houses and they were so good. When we were heading in to WD there was a man in front of me with his wife, teenage son and another child of about 6 clinging on to him and begging not to go in.......all the while the dad was telling him he would be fine, not to be scared just hang on to him. I couldn`t believe it. This kid was crying his eyes out and clung to him all the way round. The mother didn`t say one word. I have seen far too many kids cry and get upset at this event, but this was horrible to see. Several TM`s tried to talk to him and advise not to take him in but he wouldn`t listen. I spoke to one after and he said he wished they wouldn`t let anyone under 14 or 15 in. But, they do. That`s the only thing I would change about the event, no little kids.

We all feel a bit whooped tonight, so after doing all the houses we head out of the park for the last time. We stop off and buy some more jelly beans and Kyle a chocolate muffin. It`s always so sad to walk out that last time. And as always I turn to see those gates and entrance for the last time. I get a hug from Tom who is so patient with my little upsets. We wait for the boat which is a mistake. Kyle walks and is in the room ages before us.

In the room we finish off packing and chat. It`s late and we don`t have to get up early as we don`t need to drop the luggage off at DTD like we usually do. They get into bed are sleeping in no time.......I get back up and just look out the window for a while. Wishing I was on Dr Doom or any of the rides I suppose. Eventually even I drop off to sleep.

Last edited:
Saturday 26th September :sad1:

It has finally arrived. We just can`t believe it has been 18 days since we arrived, with everything in front of us and now we would be heading home later today.

We went up for breakfast a bit late as we wanted to wait till it was quieter to say goodbye to certain people in the lounge. All the staff apart from Mike that we had gotten to know so well were all in this morning. So after we had showered and gotten dressed, put all our final packing away we went upstairs. It wasn`t overly busy but it was later. We took our time and I had an extra donut.......just because...........but, we got up and handed in the gifts we had got the staff and a Thank You card and said our goodbyes to them and tried not to cry. But one of the girls cried first and that set me off.......I was still holding it together at this point but I was upset. So we left there and went downstairs and sat at the pool for a while with a coffee, it was so quiet even though the weather was beautiful.

But eventually we got our stuff and went down to check out. The same girl who checked us in checked us out, and she called through to the offices for us to say goodbye to someone very special to us. He came out and as we said our goodbyes to him, that was when the tears started flowing. I was doing so well up to then!!!! He was extra kind to me then which makes me worse, but I composed myself enough to thank him once again just for being him.

But it was time to go and we collected our luggage and headed out the doors, yes, I`m still sobbing at this point, But Kyle tells me it won`t be long till we`re back. And he`s right. We are at the airport in 20 minutes, hand the car back in and head into the terminal taking our last lung full of Floridian hot air. We eat in the food court, I think we had pizza and then headed through security and on to the monorail which is so depressing when you are going the wrong way.

We have time to buy some duty free and Tom always picks up the huge 3 litre bottle of JD, large Absolut, Ciroc vodka and a Meyers rum. They ask if we know what our allowance is and we say yes, there`s 3 of us :thumbsup2

We will get that on the plane. We head down to where Kyle is waiting and don`t have long to wait for our flight to start boarding. We end up on last as we have exit row extra legroom seats, he shouts every row apart from ours and he laughs when we shout to him what about us........we do get on and are really pleased with our seats......so much legroom as no-one is in front of us. Perfect.

The flight leaves on time, it`s strange to leave in daylight as it`s usually night when we take off. But this flight departs 4.30pm Orlando time and we arrive in the UK just before 6am so we are home earlier than normal. It was a good flight, little of the usual turbulence we experience but we don`t mind that. We slept for most of it which is good as going home the flight is never fun nor full of the excitement of heading out to Orlando. We get off the flight and surprise surprise our luggage is last off the plane, except for one other suitcase.....lol.......just luck I guess. We stop off for toast and a long awaited cup of strong tea.......the only think I look forward to having when we get back.

We walk down the walkway to The Radisson where our car is awaiting us. It`s so cool when we head outside, bit of a shock to the system. But three hours later we are home. We deposit the luggage and head to bed for a few hours. This seems to work with us and jet lag isn`t as bad when we do this. We unload everything when we get up, get the washing machine on, ring my mum then order chinese food and we`re in bed for 10.

So that`s another trip to Orlando over. This year was just amazing and we as always loved every second.

The hotel was perfect for us, staff were as always above and beyond expectations and truly make you feel like you are one of the family. The parks were outstanding. The weather only affected our first HHN and the Monday following where we had a night in with a movie, so it didn`t spoil anything for us.....we do like to see a good storm now and again.

The new Potter place is truly awe inspiring and we adored it. The same with the rest of Studios and IOA too, both are spectacular and we adore both parks. TM in the parks, we have always found them to be friendly and so helpful and this year was no different. In fact we found the calibre and quality of the TM`s was just outstanding and totally excelled in every area.

Meeting up with friends old and new was fun. The Bluers and The Mad Hatters were so much fun and we enjoyed the time we spent with them so much. And the old friends in Metro West and Tink1957 was just lovely. And of course macraven was so close even though it was just on the phone......only having an hour time difference makes calls so much easier :thumbsup2

Before we left we arranged our booking for next year. So we have another 18 nights to look forward to. Whether our son is with us or not. Probably not. He will be hopefully having his year in business. He then has another year before his 5 year degree finishes, so that may have been his last trip for a while. It will be strange not having him with us. We feel very blessed that despite having a full and busy life he still likes to spend time with us on vacations. We are lucky we never have a cross word and just enjoy our vacation time together.

Anyway, Thank you for reading and for the lovely comments about the trip report, I do appreciate them all :wave2:

Last edited:

i love your trip reports........

and i love that our vacations match for 2015

finally !!!!!
:worship:

Schumi, tell Kyle that Cheesecake Factory is rumoured to be replacing NBA City.

Just found your trip report. We were there the same time, so I'm going to see if I can find us in your photos, lol.

It's over, oh no! I'll miss reading your adventures! I will look forward to next year's report. ;)

I think it's so nice that you guys have such a good time together with your son on such lengthy vacations and travel so well together.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed reading :goodvibes

Nooooooo! I'm not ready for it to be over!!! :sad:

I so love reading your trip reports. I'll look forward to the next one with much enthusiasm. :wave2:

Just found your trip report. We were there the same time, so I'm going to see if I can find us in your photos, lol.

Oh he would love CF in Citwalk........he'd be having that fudge cake for breakfast every day :rotfl:

Would be fun if you were in some of our pictures.........I have hundreds that I have haven't posted......so there's every chance.

We once saw ourselves on the Flight of the Hippogriff in someone's mainly Disney trip report years ago.........it was weird!!

It's over, oh no! I'll miss reading your adventures! I will look forward to next year's report. ;)

I think it's so nice that you guys have such a good time together with your son on such lengthy vacations and travel so well together.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed reading :goodvibes

Thank you so much.....I so glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

We do have the best times there. Looking forward to next year's too :thumbsup2

Nooooooo! I'm not ready for it to be over!!! :sad:

I so love reading your trip reports. I'll look forward to the next one with much enthusiasm. :wave2:

I'm not ready for it to be over either......lol........I'm so glad you enjoyed reading along, thank you for the lovely comments :goodvibes

Another brilliant report. I thoroughly enjoyed every last post :thumbsup2 Loved the write-ups, loved the photos. And I'm not ashamed to say that I'm rather sad its over!!

Do you mind me asking what your 2015 dates are? We already have our autumn 2015 vacation booked as well (in addition to our May trip).....we'll be there October 10th to 17th (sadly, not an 18 day trip for us....we're taking two, 1-week getaways next year rather than one, 2-week vacation). We would love to arrange a meet-up if the tail end of your vacation aligns with the start of ours!

Gina, thank you for the lovely comments and in so glad you enjoyed reading along with it. I appreciate it :goodvibes

Next year we arrive September 17th and leave October 5th.......so we miss you :sad1: otherwise we would definetely have met up with you!!!

Following year hopefully???? I'm sure we'll be there same time and maybe a bit later depending on one thing and another........:thumbsup2

NOOOOOooooooooo!! It can't be over. You are still there aren't you? I am looking forward to seeing Universal for the first time. Your trip report last year was one of the reasons we are doing a couple of days at US and staying at RPR Can't wait.

I could live with that;), although NBA is good choice to get a last minute dining spot when it's busy. the Cheesecake Factory here often has a several hour wait during prime time. wonder if they'd offer reservation system if they do replace NBA.:scratchin

Carole - I waited to catch up on the trip report before dinner.. I knew I'd be hungry after seeing the amazing food pics lol

thanks for the TR & taking us all along for the ride! we are shooting to arrive in Orlando on 10/4 but WDW first, I have a feeling we'll still miss you next year.

Absolutely delightful,Schumigirl! Your reports are so detailed and entertaining that it makes me feel like we're back at RPR and US/IOA! We love them just as much as you do! Thanks again for your report.:goodvibes

NOOOOOooooooooo!! It can't be over. You are still there aren't you? I am looking forward to seeing Universal for the first time. Your trip report last year was one of the reasons we are doing a couple of days at US and staying at RPR Can't wait.

Really, really wish I was still there :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you enjoyed it..........oh, you'll love Universal and especially RPR......both are just amazing places and so much fun.

Please come back and tell us how much you enjoyed your trip :goodvibes

Carole - I waited to catch up on the trip report before dinner.. I knew I'd be hungry after seeing the amazing food pics lol

thanks for the TR & taking us all along for the ride! we are shooting to arrive in Orlando on 10/4 but WDW first, I have a feeling we'll still miss you next year.

Lol.........I know what you mean about the pics.........

Glad you enjoyed Reading Keisha, and thanks for the nice comments.........oh that's a shame we miss each other again.......well there's always 2016..... Hopefully :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter