18 days until I leave and I'm bored b/c my planning is done!

CathieArms

DIS Veteran
What can I do with these last 18 days??? I've spent the last 10 months planning, and now I have nothing to do! Help!

We leave in 20 days and I don't think we'll ever be done. We are constantly tweaking, changing, adding, subtracting, etc. to our plans. Even when we're there, we are changing things.

We leave in 20 days and I don't think we'll ever be done. We are constantly tweaking, changing, adding, subtracting, etc. to our plans. Even when we're there, we are changing things.

Weird that we're going to be staying at the same time and place. I wonder if we'll run into each other in the halls or lobby of the BCV and never know it. :)

I hear ya! I'm in the same boat. I'm 11 days away now.

I've made packing lists; printed out Epcot passports; done cards of our touring plans; made envelopes for Mousekeeping tips; made a planning binder; put all of our reservations into my phone so that I have all confirmation numbers there... you name it, I've done it! ;)

Is there anything you can think of that you would still like to do? do you have kids in your travel party? Have you done all you can think of for them?

Do you have your touring plans done and put onto index cards that you can carry with you? Do you have a dining card done if you are doing DDP? Do you have your meals planned for the ones that aren't ADR's?

I don't know... I'm trying to come with stuff. I can't think of anything for myself either! :confused3

Why don't you start packing? That is what I always do.
Then, about a week or so before my trip, I can just relax and wait knowing everything is done :goodvibes
But, I'm Type A so that only works for us :lmao:

I usually start packing and looking online at the Disney Store for ideas of things I want to buy or I think the kids may like. Then I go over my plan again & again to make sure that I have everything just the way I want it. I also go to the dollar section at Target to look for cute things to entertain the kids in the car.

Have you printed out... Your itineraries? Your airline flight/confirmation info? Your hotel reservation confirmation? Your ADR confirmation numbers? Your list of ADRs/dates/times? Your touring plans? Park hours? Best park/Park to avoid info so you can change plans on the fly? Any maps or driving directions you might need?

If you're bored, check out tripit.com if you're not already using it. It does all of the above. I used the free version. I forwarded all my info, confirmations, ADRs etc. and had a perfect itinerary to print out and a free app to access it all on my phone - which really came in handy. The only info needed is your email.

Have you printed out... Your itineraries? Your airline flight/confirmation info? Your hotel reservation confirmation? Your ADR confirmation numbers? Your list of ADRs/dates/times? Your touring plans? Park hours? Best park/Park to avoid info so you can change plans on the fly? Any maps or driving directions you might need?

If you're bored, check out tripit.com if you're not already using it. It does all of the above. I used the free version. I forwarded all my info, confirmations, ADRs etc. and had a perfect itinerary to print out and a free app to access it all on my phone - which really came in handy. The only info needed is your email.

Cool! I'll check it out! Thanks!

I always print out the whole chart of my trip and plan my outfits for different days. (Daytime outfits and dinner outfits.) I already started this, as I have 25 days to go until my trip. I have a bunch of outfits already set aside, now I'll have to start narrowing them down....

Y'all are great! I'm expending my extra energy right now by cleaning my house from top to bottom! There will be no dirty laundry left when I'm done! LOL!

And, too, I've been laying clothes out on the bed in outfits, getting ready to pack. So much to do, and yet all the "fun" stuff is done!

I pretty much have our plans done about 200 days out. Mostly so I can have our dining reservations set. I'll usually look over them once a month to make sure there haven't been any changes in park hours or anything like that.

WOW y'all are making me tired. I leave on Sunday and really have nothing done. We are eating at CRT and I am trying to come up with a fun invite for the kids, any ideas?
:banana::banana:

Do you use a debit card or credit card? Let your bank / cc company know you'll be using it out of state and for what time period so they don't freeze your account! I've had that happen to a couple friends, their banks were so proactive they thought it was fraud and really my friend was just on vacation!

Do you put any lights on timers when you're gone? Or have a house sitter or pet sitter or anything? Maybe take them through your house and explain what needs to be done while you're gone. Then type up a check list for them to reference while they are there.

Go on some long walks to start getting your park endurance in. Great way to break in any new shoes that you plan on taking!

Do you scrapbook? Start getting some page layouts done so all you have to do is insert the pictures when you get back!

Clean your yard cut and house cleaned - its awesome to come home to a clean house after vacation!

Make a countdown with fun facts about Disney!

Hmmm double check your budget and do any extra activities that could help supplement your souvenir/food/drink/fun budget. Like have a garage sale, take your recycling in, babysit, walk dogs, etc!

There's this great book that I got for our last trip. Its called The Secrets of Disney World or something along those lines. It is the coolest things.
It points out Hidden Mickeys and other secrets of Disney that I'm sure you've never heard before!:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter