17th August 2013 Magic in the Med (7nights)

I have a question for those travelling from the UK. I picked up a bunch of stuff from my TA on Saturday but I'm convinced I'm missing tickets. I was given a booklet telling the trips I'd booked, what I needed to do etc, luggage tags :) and a printed off voucher. When I asked where the tickets were she said that's all I needed. (I'm not convinced as its the first disney cruise they have booked, the booklet had been sat there for two weeks when I'd been told the tickets wouldn't arrive until this weekend ).

Basically my question is should I be expecting tickets too or is the voucher all I can expect?
Hi Crackleandpop

I didn't use a travel agent and I think I just have the same booklet and luggage tags as you have. In the Vacation Checklist section it refers to the cruise documents that we have completed online and has a reminder about printing off the final form in the online check in section and bringing that to the port. On page 3 of this section it seems to indicate that this booklet acts as the ticket in the part where it says to keep the booklet together with the signed form and id and be ready to show them a few times. If the booklet you have is the same as this, then I think you probably have everything, as long as you have done the online check in and printed off the signature form. I don't have the voucher you have, but I do have email confirmation from Disney for the booking I made directly with them. If you have any doubts, you could ring Disney - there is a UK number on the DCL website. It goes through to the US call centre, but is charged at UK rates.

I have just read this back and I probably have made this as clear as mud, but I hope it helps a little!

I was just thinking there (it doesn't happen too often!) and it occured to me that I may have been out of line inviting myself along on the meet when I am not part of your FE exchange. Is the meet just for those who are taking part? If that's the case I won't be offended, just let me know!:blush:

I was just thinking there (it doesn't happen too often!) and it occured to me that I may have been out of line inviting myself along on the meet when I am not part of your FE exchange. Is the meet just for those who are taking part? If that's the case I won't be offended, just let me know!:blush:

I can only speak for myself, but I would love to meet you! It is great to meet new friends, so it doesn't matter to me if you are not participating in the exchange. Why make it exclusive?

This is neat! I though you might like this. Maybe I'll post it on the Med planning thread too.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx
If you create a log in and name the Disney ships under My Fleet, anytime you return & click on my fleet it will show you all 4 ships all over the world. :thumbsup2
I was watching the Magic dock in Barcelona (not live video but the tracking is) and noticed a strange time zone they use. (UCT?) It's not local Barcelona time either. So I dug deeper and found this, also helpful too.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

The more the merrier. :)

This is neat! I though you might like this. Maybe I'll post it on the Med planning thread too.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx
If you create a log in and name the Disney ships under My Fleet, anytime you return & click on my fleet it will show you all 4 ships all over the world. :thumbsup2
I was watching the Magic dock in Barcelona (not live video but the tracking is) and noticed a strange time zone they use. (UCT?) It's not local Barcelona time either. So I dug deeper and found this, also helpful too.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Thanks for this.

I totally agree, the more the merrier :) :) It would be great to meet everyone who's been chatting on here :)

I have had to rethink which suitcases we are taking today as when I was packing it soon became clear that the ones I'd chosen just aren't big enough. of course I'm blaming it on Oscar's nappies rather than my dresses!

hubby got more time off work so we are going to go to Port Aventura in Salou for 5 days prior to the cruise now which means an extra case.

does anyone know if we need to print off registration for Flounders Nursery or Kids clubs? :confused3

Thanks everyone, you are all lovely! :)

Pinkytink, my husband and kids would be jealous to hear that you are off to Porta Ventura! We will be in Barcelona for a couple of days pre-cruise and they were trying their best to persuade me to head there instead of staying in the city. Big bad old Mum has put her foot down because I am so looking forward to exploring Barcelona! Don't feel too sorry for them because before Barcelona we have 3 nights in Disneyland Paris...I think they will survive! We are actually getting the train from Paris to Barcelona and although it is a long journey (about 6 hours), I am quite excited about having the opportunity to watch the changing scenery through France and Spain while avoiding the dreaded airplane. Mind you, I still have to fly to Paris and back from Barcelona - yuck! We leave on Sunday, so I suppose I should get back to the ironing...

I have a question for those travelling from the UK. I picked up a bunch of stuff from my TA on Saturday but I'm convinced I'm missing tickets. I was given a booklet telling the trips I'd booked, what I needed to do etc, luggage tags :) and a printed off voucher. When I asked where the tickets were she said that's all I needed. (I'm not convinced as its the first disney cruise they have booked, the booklet had been sat there for two weeks when I'd been told the tickets wouldn't arrive until this weekend ).

Basically my question is should I be expecting tickets too or is the voucher all I can expect?

Your tickets will be in your room in advance of any pre booked excursions ttxx

I totally agree, the more the merrier :) :) It would be great to meet everyone who's been chatting on here :)

I have had to rethink which suitcases we are taking today as when I was packing it soon became clear that the ones I'd chosen just aren't big enough. of course I'm blaming it on Oscar's nappies rather than my dresses!

hubby got more time off work so we are going to go to Port Aventura in Salou for 5 days prior to the cruise now which means an extra case.

does anyone know if we need to print off registration for Flounders Nursery or Kids clubs? :confused3

See you there, we arrive at Port Aventura on the Thursday prior to the cruise. :banana:

Thanks everyone, you are all lovely! :)

Pinkytink, my husband and kids would be jealous to hear that you are off to Porta Ventura! We will be in Barcelona for a couple of days pre-cruise and they were trying their best to persuade me to head there instead of staying in the city. Big bad old Mum has put her foot down because I am so looking forward to exploring Barcelona! Don't feel too sorry for them because before Barcelona we have 3 nights in Disneyland Paris...I think they will survive! We are actually getting the train from Paris to Barcelona and although it is a long journey (about 6 hours), I am quite excited about having the opportunity to watch the changing scenery through France and Spain while avoiding the dreaded airplane. Mind you, I still have to fly to Paris and back from Barcelona - yuck! We leave on Sunday, so I suppose I should get back to the ironing...

We were going to drive to Barcelona and stop at Disneyland Paris on the way down but struggled to find anywhere secure to park the car near the port. I am dreading flying with my very strong willed 2 year old. My big boys would love the train journey.

:yay: See ya there! :yay: Are you staying on site? we are staying in an apartment in Salou.

We changed our original flights so we arrive in Bercelona this Sunday then we are hiring a car to head straight to Salou. We had already booked a hotel in Barcelona the night before the cruise as our original plan was to fly in on that day, so we will still be going to Barcelona on that Friday as planned as this hotel is non refundable. Not sure what time we will head there though, I would like to explore Barcelona for the day but I'm not sure what that will be like with a 2 year old and 13 year old in tow, I suspect they would rather spend another day in the water park in Salou :)

we looked at all sorts of logistics to go to Disneyland before flying to Barcelona on our original date but it would have been a nightmare by car and far too expensive changing and adding flights so we had to abandon that idea. We also looked at driving down in the motorhome but had the same problem with not finding secure enough parking in Barcelona. next time we'll get organised properly from the start!

Is anyone considering one of the excursions around Barcelona on the day we disembark?

We did Port Aventura last year and had a fab time. Most days I ended up wearing a swimsuit top and tank top. Most of the students/ teens there just wore the bikini tops. I felt over dressed. My suggestion would be taken snacks for the kids - we took little packets of biscuits and fruit winders (and smuggled bread rolls and fruit from the breakfast) as its typically theme park priced.

We are flying to Barcelona on Thursday so only have two days befor ethe trip to explore and wind down but I've promised we would do Legoland this weekend. (I may be crazy :) )

I still have room in the case but I'm hoping to go back through and ditch a little more clothing this weekend. My plan is to walk from the hotel to the port so I don't want the case to be too heavy. Of course once we've walked it on Thursday (the plan is to visit the aquarium) I may change my mind.

If I don't catch up with everyone before they leave have safe flights, train journeys, fun at the theme parks and I look forward to meeting you next Saturday.

:)

Wow! One case :thumbsup2 I'm so jealous! I just find it impossible to pack light when I know I have luggage allowance to use! It's like some crazy reaction to counter balance only travelling with hand luggage when we go to Spain with easy jet! :sad2: and I know I'm taking too much and that it won't all get warn - I just can't help myself! I'm hoping that our 3 cases and 1 hold all will reduce to just 3 cases by the time we return though - those pesky nappies!

Right, I'm going to finish the packing now, I want it all done by midnight!

have a great time in Legoland Crackleandpop, and safe journey if I don't catch you again before Sunday.

Can anyone tell me if I need to sew the ribbon at the top of the FE that loops onto the fish, so it's like a big handle or if I need to sew it on like 2 ribbons which tie together at the top once it is on the fish? :confused3

Can anyone tell me if I need to sew the ribbon at the top of the FE that loops onto the fish, so it's like a big handle or if I need to sew it on like 2 ribbons which tie together at the top once it is on the fish? :confused3

My FE is one solid ribbon that I hang over the fish. I also bring a zip tie (and scissors to cut the zip tie) to make sure the FE doesn't disappear during the cruise.

Everyone: safe travels and I look forward to meeting you and your families very soon!
:wave2:

Hi everyone, we are flying to Barcelona on Thursday and have 2 nights pre-cruise and can't wait. The spare bed now has a huge pile of clean clothes on it ready to be packed. We are travelling light as I know it will be hot and it will mostly be in thin stuff and I can do a wash on the boat.

For strong tea drinkers I do remember last time that the tea was quite wishy washy and I couldn't get a decent cup. Maybe it was Lipton's, can't remember. So take your brews with you if you need to.

Jenny, my DD is 14, your DD will recognise her by the purple hair! When she finally crawls out of bed each day she will be at the kids' club or 'The Groovy Gang' as DH calls it (courtesy of Only Fools and Horses).

My philosophy on packing these days is the more I pack, the more I have to wash, sort out and put away when I get home. So I have a list to stick to. My downfall tends to be chunky jewellery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter