17 days to go - Got groceries?

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Been wondering about groceries for our first BLT stay. DW says we can preorder from the Contemporary. We plan on eating out mostly but we need breakfast items. What's the best option for preordering groceries and how does it work?

I would suggest Garden Grocer. We used them at Kidani in February. My order was exactly correct and delivered when they said it would be. Then they called shortly after to double check with me. There's another service called WeGoShop, I think, that people also like, but I haven't used them.

We have also used Gardengrocer twice with no problems. How many nights will you be there?

If it's just DH and I and we are staying anything less than 5/6 nights, we do not order. We pick up a few things from the resort - milk, water, etc. (might bring cereal or bars from home).

I love the yogurt parfait at the resorts so I like to have that at least two mornings.

I agree with Susiebea. We've used Garden Grocer several times and never had a problem. They will deliver your order to bell services. Cold items will be kept cold for you so no need to wait around. We also receive a text message from Garden Grocer when the delivery has been made.

We have used wegoshop.com 5 times and I highly recommend them.Their service is great and for what we order, even with the delivery fee and tip, we saved over buying in the resort shop

We have also used Gardengrocer twice with no problems. How many nights will you be there?

If it's just DH and I and we are staying anything less than 5/6 nights, we do not order. We pick up a few things from the resort - milk, water, etc. (might bring cereal or bars from home).

I love the yogurt parfait at the resorts so I like to have that at least two mornings.

We have used wegoshop.com 5 times and I highly recommend them.Their service is great and for what we order, even with the delivery fee and tip, we saved over buying in the resort shop

ANYTHING is better/cheaper than buying at the resort. Even using buses to get to BCV/BWV and walking to the HESS station is better than paying the outrageous amount at the resort IMHO. Last XMAS when we stayed at AKV & THV, and the family we shared with had a car, we went offsite to Super Target.

We also used we go shopping, very easy and they did a great job, in fact we called them during the week to pick up a few extra items and no problem.
We will be using them again this December, I'll email them in November with my list and they will call my cell phone when they are delivering them. :cool1:

We usually get our groceries from garden grocer. Always what I wanted and on time. Most have a minimum order and a delivery charge. This last time we were only at BLT for 4 nights. It was better this time just too pick up the eggs, bacon, bagels and butter at the hotel. I agree usually don't buy from the resort but it was still cheaper than placing an order or breakfast from the Contempo or room service and we didn't have a lot of leftovers. Have a great time!!

Been wondering about groceries for our first BLT stay. DW says we can preorder from the Contemporary. We plan on eating out mostly but we need breakfast items. What's the best option for preordering groceries and how does it work?

Garden grocer offers a limited selection but if you only need a few things for breakfast you may prefer it to we go shop because with them there is no order form and you have to tell them what and where to get your groceries. Garden grocer has an online order form and most likely will be the easiest if your needs are small and you don't want to invest much time into it.

I pretty much boycott Disney groceries because they are just too expensive. Having a room with a kitchen is supposed to be a perk but it is not much of one at the prices they charge plus their selection is beyond lousy. I feel dirty if I run out of one thing and choose to get it from them.

We arrive at BLT/CR on August 13. I just placed an order with wegoshop for breakfast stuff, fruit, beer and water. We figured a case of water would cost about $4-5 dollars - versus $2.50 each in the parks. Beer - $5-6/can at WDW, versus $18/case. So - even with the minimum delivery fee of $17 - we are money ahead just on beverages. :)

But - if you don't want beverages - and just need cereal and milk - getting it at the resort is a good option. Prices are higher, but if it is just a few items - it will be worth getting it there.

I placed my order via email yesterday afternoon - and wegoshop owner called me around 6pm last night to confirm and set up a delivery time and explain how it worked. Very nice.

BTW - while I have not used garden grocer - but have heard good things about them as well.

Good luck. Happy planning!

We ordered from garden grocer too and thought their customer service was great. We did order WAY too much food though! lesson learned!

I like your advice. We're staying 8 nights. My DW and her sister love the yogurt parfait at BC. Do they have at CR?
I really like the big egg and cheese crescent.

Great advice from all. Will discuss with DW. Thanks!

They will deliver your order to bell services. Cold items will be kept cold for you so no need to wait around.

DH has a dumb question. We just want confirmation that bell services would keep stuff cold for us if we buy the groceries ourselves. We plan on hitting Publix (or something) on our way in, but figure our room (BLT) will not be ready so we want to drop off our groceries and luggage and hit a park.

Thanks!

We've done Garden Grocer and we've done the store (not BLT though, BWV).

I actually prefer the store, unless we get a case of water. It isn't that much more expensive, and we waste a lot less and its less hassle.

We pack the stuff that will pack - some peanut butter and jelly, coffee, sugar, cereal. We stuff we can't pack at the screen door - eggs, milk, half and half, bread. But the grocery list is eggs, milk, half and half and bread - not enough to justify a Garden Grocer order or pay the delivery fee.

Garden Grocer was great when we had two families and a much bigger grocery bill. And a case of water from the Disney stores is expensive - at that point its a GG order, and we buy the jelly, peanut butter and cereal from GG.

I would suggest Garden Grocer. We used them at Kidani in February. My order was exactly correct and delivered when they said it would be. Then they called shortly after to double check with me. There's another service called WeGoShop, I think, that people also like, but I haven't used them.

I've never used garden grocer BUT have used Wegoshop and they were great last year but this year there were lots of mistakes and foolish purchases... I will NOT use them again! I don't know what the problem is BUT I do know that the business was sold sometime between last year and this year to one of the "shoppers" so I think our problem was the shopper, herself... Next time we go, we will either use Garden Grocer or the store...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter