• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 days of Deluxe Dining With Two Adults, One Disney Adult, One Child, And A Platypus

I'm finally caught up with the entire review so far and I love it! Your son is such an adventurous eater and willing to try quite a few new foods. That is so great and I wish I could get my DD12 to do the same!

We had an 11:30am ADR for lunch at...

We were a little early and they make you wait untilk all the breakfast people have seen the characters before letting the lunch crowd in. In fact, they would not even let us check in when we got there. So we sat in the shade with everyone else and waited.

Till we were allowed to check in and then shortly after, brought in to be seated...

All the sounds from "upstairs" were going on...we love the little things like that!

We were brought into the larger dining room...

And we were sat pretty much right in the middle of that room...good spot!

Oh, and I meant to tell you that they moved check in around the back of the hotel...which made for a lot of congestion back there. I don't really understand it but I wasn't asked so whatever!

Now, we have been here for both breakfast and lunch before. And we really like it. There is always a lot that we know and like and there is also a lot that we can try if/when feeling adventurous! We have always had hot food and if things have even been close to empty, the trays have been refilled. And normally, the flow of the buffet line goes very smoothly so you're not waiting very long at any one pod. They also seem seperated enough so we don't get many dirty looks when cutting in to get to the pod we want...that's what you're suppoosed to do people!...like you dometimes do at other buffets. And I have to say that other than Boma, this is the only buffet we like for lunch or dinner...normally, we only do breakfast buffets as we have not normally liked the food at other meals. and while this place has tracings of Boma, it has a whole different vibe going on we think! The one place we have consistantly had our only issues here is with the wait staff. Only once have we had a good waiter, I mean, how hard can it bue to wait at a buffet...the least you could do is act interested!

So on with the pictures...

Here's our regular drinks...I do like that they brought Skye a paper cup with a top...just makes it easier. Oh, and I hate the paper straws...but I understand the reason behind it and prefer them to the alternative of no straws!

My first plate.

Skye's first plate.

Tyler's first plate...I believe the carving board had roast beef and pork loin that day.

My second plate...I must have liked the tomato salad!

Skye and my shared dessert plate.

Skye's dessert plate.

Ty's dessert plate.

More corn dog nuggets from the kid's buffet. They were really good! We shared them around the table.

Skye's apple sauce.

Looks like my plate with Skye's fruit and more corn dog nuggets.

All in all we loved it here...again! We had plenty variety to pick from and left full. We left at 12:21pm so our meal lasted almost an hour...and this was a rare day for us as there was always a line at the carving station. That really puts a damper on things. But all was good in the end. The cost was $59.61 or three meal credits. Well worth it to us...and we will definately be back!

Wonderful reviews! Boy your daughter REALLY likes to smile for the camera :). I love how adventurous your son is! I never was as a child but now I'll try just about everything.

Thank you for doing your reviews! I look forward to reading the rest of them.

We decided to stop at what is listed on my receipt at the Animal Kingdom Upcountry Beverage Cart for something cool.

We grabbed a Berry Yeti Blast and a Shangri La Cooler.

We all liked the Shangri La Cooler best...the yellowish one. It was lemony but not like lemon freezes though. We used two snack credits but it would have been $7.86 out of pocket. They were flavorful and cold....and that's just what we needed!

And then is was nearing time for Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade to begin so we sat on a ledge to wait. Tyler ran and got us some Popcorn and a Coke Slushie and a Lemonade Slushie from Safari Coffee.

Skye and I liked the lemon one again but Tyler loves a frozen coke...so he was happy with that one. Oh, and paper straws are worse in slushies!

Your kids are so cute! Thanks for the wonderful pics, never thought about Tony's before but the calamari looks great, my son loves them except he doesn't really know what they are, he thinks they are just chewy onion rings! Looking forward to more of your review!

Just caught up with your reviews

Lunch at Tusker House looks really good, we've tried the breakfast there and really enjoyed it :thumbsup2

all caught up. We love Tony's also. I am getting some new ideas from reading your report for our next trip.

Just found you today... really enjoying following your advanture. We have never tried Tony's but will now. It is fun seeing and hearing your reviews.

Thanx everyone! I am working on getting more up but we've just been soooo busy! I think Christmas is finally over (had my mom's side of the family's party this past weekend) and we are getting back into routine with gymnastics twice a week, dance three times a week and all Tyler's activities (student council, the spring musical, schlastic bowl, mathletes, baseball and arena football) so I should be able to get some up soon!!!!

I am enjoying your reviews also. Planning a trip for the summer, and so far I want to eat every where you have been.:lmao:
That might not work out though.
Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter