16 and Pregnant Part 2

I don't judge people for their mistakes, but I don't watch these programs, either. Maybe I should watch an episode or two with my oldest son (will be 13 next month), but I can't help but feel that they pick losers to be on these programs on purpose. I have known quite a few teens that had babies, and most of them handled it pretty well...

This is how I feel. I think almost every "reality" TV show is not really about portraying reality, it's all about the drama. Of course you're going to find the teens who fight with their parents, want to party with their friends, and can't take care of their children.

I had my first child when I was 17. I managed to graduate at the top of my class and went on to a top university (graduated with honors in two majors and worked the whole time). I didn't have the greatest relationship with my parents during my early teen years, but since the day we found out I was pregnant we have never fought or had any issues and we are very close. My daughter has never met her father. I was very hurt when I was pregnant, but there were never any issues over his lack of involvement/support or fighting.

My life has turned out well, but that would not make for good for TV ratings. I am a married SAHM to three wonderful children and we are financially and emotionally secure. What a bore. ;)

I don't judge people for their mistakes, but I don't watch these programs, either. Maybe I should watch an episode or two with my oldest son (will be 13 next month), but I can't help but feel that they pick losers to be on these programs on purpose. I have known quite a few teens that had babies, and most of them handled it pretty well...

To be fair though, not all the girls were "losers", you had Maci who had a bad situation and made it better, Catelynn who gave up her baby for a better life, Ebony had it rough but she did not have problems like Farrah or Amber. The 16 and Pregnant show did show the different situations and some of the things that teenage couples face when they have a child.

I loved her response as to how she became pregnant:

"Well, I was on birth control, and then we broke up so I went off of it. Then we got back together, and well....I thought that since we had sex before I went on birth control and I didn't get pregnant then, that I wouldn't get pregnant this time."

Oh yeah, cause if you just cross your eyes and spin three times that will undo it too. It's just dumb luck.

Not to anyone on this board, but just in general my philosophy is:
Parents please talk with your teens about concpetion and contraception. Yes, you can promote waitng and abstince all you want, but please also give them some basic facts about timing, ovulation, pregnancy prevention just in case they are doing things behind your back.

All I have to say is...

Wow.

This season looks kinda trashy compared to last season.

Poor Jace. That kid wasn't even born, and he had a rough life already.

I am really shocked about how this girl would yell at her mother about having to make bottles... I mean shes bad but, I totally think they edited that! If she is that clueless/irresponsible someone should step in to get her some counseling. Seriously.:confused3

At one point during the show, she was making a big "announcement" and started off by saying she wasn't ready for this, etc, etc.... I really thought that she was going to say that she was giving the baby up for adoption and I admit, I was thinking that would probably be best for that poor baby. His mother doesn't seem to want anything to do with him and to an extent the grandmother seems to resent being pushed into the situation of raising a baby (again!). The baby's father is a hot mess, and I agree that judging by looks alone, he is into more than just alcohol but I have to say- if neither Jenelle or Baby Daddy are working, how do they have the money to support partying and a drug habit??

I loved her response as to how she became pregnant:

"Well, I was on birth control, and then we broke up so I went off of it. Then we got back together, and well....I thought that since we had sex before I went on birth control and I didn't get pregnant then, that I wouldn't get pregnant this time."

Oh yeah, cause if you just cross your eyes and spin three times that will undo it too. It's just dumb luck.

Not to anyone on this board, but just in general my philosophy is:
Parents please talk with your teens about concpetion and contraception. Yes, you can promote waitng and abstince all you want, but please also give them some basic facts about timing, ovulation, pregnancy prevention just in case they are doing things behind your back.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:teacher:

This show makes me soooo scared of the those teenage years! Maybe somebody needs to start a "I didn't screw my teen up too bad, and these are my tips for how not to screw yours up too bad" thread!!

:thumbsup2 I'm IN the teenage years and basically breathe a sigh of relief each year we survive with no major issues. Of course, I also have TWO teenagers in the house at the moment & have TWO more to get through.

That's a lot of years to see if I can survive without them messing up too much. EEK!!! :scared1:

Hopefully the ground work is pretty much laid down but I do remember being a teenager even if my kids don't think I do. I was overall a pretty good kid but still did some things that were not the smartest things to do.

Exactly. I felt like this girl was worse than Farrah - if that's even possible :scared1:

Yeah, this girl and the mom were on a whole different level than the Farrah stuff. The girl threatened to leave and never come back and that her mom would never see the grandson again every time she didn't get what she wanted. In all honesty, I'm really kinda scared that this teen mom could/would really harm the baby. She doesn't seem to see the baby as her baby, but more of a tool when she needs to use it and otherwise just a PIA. She's really very frightening.:scared1::scared1:

looks like grandma is gonna have to take care of the baby....congrats grandma you have a new baby boy at this stage of your life..oh yes.. let me guess:idea: grandma pays for day care...and who puts a baby in day care at 3 weeks old?????

looks like grandma is gonna have to take care of the baby....congrats grandma you have a new baby boy at this stage of your life..oh yes.. let me guess:idea: grandma pays for day care...and who puts a baby in day care at 3 weeks old?????

I know the grandmother worked, but I can't remember if pot girl had to start school again. Someone help me out.

..and who puts a baby in day care at 3 weeks old?????

I know the grandmother worked, but I can't remember if pot girl had to start school again. Someone help me out.

My school told me that one week was all that was medically excused for a normal ******l delivery. :confused3

What are you supposed to do with a one week old baby so you can go back to school? We were told that if I missed more than 16 (I think) days during and after my pregnancy I would be expelled for truancy.

Fortunately :rolleyes: I have a bleeding disorder, so my doctor told the school that I needed to miss 8 weeks for a medical issue.

i am a certified provider and we can not take babys under 8 weeks..must have shots

I'm a certified provider also...we're not allowed to take a baby until they are 4 weeks old. I know in the past I had one mother who went back to work after one week even with a csection. She owns 2 fast food places and had no choice to be off. She had a plan and her manager at one place was fired the week before baby was born due to him stealing from the safe. She had co-workers and friends help watch baby till he was 4 weeks so to the date he started at 4 weeks old. I felt bad for her but I couldn't get in trouble with the state.

She does still go to school and when she comes home the baby is still in daycare.

My thought was....why in the world doesn't she pick up baby from daycare after school. Is there someone wrong with her feet that she can't stop at daycare. Baby comes first not friends.

My thought was....why in the world doesn't she pick up baby from daycare after school. Is there someone wrong with her feet that she can't stop at daycare. Baby comes first not friends.

Exactly, and even then she snapped at her mom when her mother called her up to make bottles for HER OWN SON.

I know a lot of edit work goes into shows. But I really can't believe that this is the results of edit work. She reallys seems to be a real "mom of the year" Honestly I hope she changes her ways some day her child is going to see this and wonder how in the world they ended up with this for a mother!

My niece is 20 years old. She has a 2yr old. She drives me crazy. She should have been on this show. I love her to death but I'm done helping her. My biggest thing that DRIVES me crazy...she wakes up with baby at 8am and takes her to daycare. Then she goes back home and sleeps till she needs to go to class. Then in the evenings she has parties at her apt while the 2 yr old sleeps upstairs. She thinks since there is always someone sober it's okay for her to get drunk - passed out while her child is there. I just want to slap her upside the head. I told her if I was her daycare provider she wouldn't be doing this crap with me. The state can't do anything unless they catch her in the action of the party. Trust me I've looked into things for the sake of the 2 yr old. I'm to the point now I'm done and it's time for her to make her mistakes and learn. I can't deal with it anymore and I refuse to babysit for her so she can get loaded. I haven't babysat for 6 months. She really thinks she is a wonderful mom.

My school told me that one week was all that was medically excused for a normal ******l delivery. :confused3

What are you supposed to do with a one week old baby so you can go back to school? We were told that if I missed more than 16 (I think) days during and after my pregnancy I would be expelled for truancy.

Fortunately :rolleyes: I have a bleeding disorder, so my doctor told the school that I needed to miss 8 weeks for a medical issue.
my son and his girlfriend had a baby at 16 and 17 years old. they go to a school for teen parents. they have on site daycare. the mom is allowed 2 weeks for a vag delivery, 3 weeks for c-section. i was shocked that the baby could go to daycare so young. :confused3

i thought it was probably a transportation thing. maybe she rides the bus home from school and then grandma gets the baby on her way home from work.

At one point during the show, she was making a big "announcement" and started off by saying she wasn't ready for this, etc, etc.... I really thought that she was going to say that she was giving the baby up for adoption and I admit, I was thinking that would probably be best for that poor baby. His mother doesn't seem to want anything to do with him and to an extent the grandmother seems to resent being pushed into the situation of raising a baby (again!). The baby's father is a hot mess
I thought that too.. was hoping for it. Then the girl told her mom I need you to step up and take care of him for me cuz I just cant.. UMM news flash she already was taking care of him.

Yeah, this girl and the mom were on a whole different level than the Farrah stuff. The girl threatened to leave and never come back and that her mom would never see the grandson again every time she didn't get what she wanted. In all honesty, I'm really kinda scared that this teen mom could/would really harm the baby. She doesn't seem to see the baby as her baby, but more of a tool when she needs to use it and otherwise just a PIA. She's really very frightening.:scared1::scared1:
I kept thinking that too that the baby is eventually going to be neglected or worse by his mother.

Well grandma has to work to support him and his mothers lazy ways. And his mommy had to go back to school. (well didnt HAVE too there was always home school etc to get a degree but Im sure she wanted to party and have fun with her friends hence why she went back to school)

Hopefully he is better off staying in daycare, then being around the chaos and madness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter