155 teenage girls; 2-26 hour bus rides; & ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT Final Chapter - 6/25

Great update as usual. :goodvibes I can just imagine how magical it was to see your daughter performing at Disney. I would be the same way.....a very proud, teary-eyed mom.

I don't know if I said it, but you are a great writer. You make us feel like we are actuallly there with you.

I take it, this isn't the first time your band director has been at WDW-he is really lenient with time though. When we went, bed check was at 11:00 and we had to be up at 6:00 a.m. every morning-that was a boat load of fun, trying to get teens up.

I don't know if I said it, but you are a great writer. You make us feel like we are actuallly there with you.

I take it, this isn't the first time your band director has been at WDW-he is really lenient with time though. When we went, bed check was at 11:00 and we had to be up at 6:00 a.m. every morning-that was a boat load of fun, trying to get teens up.

Thank you, yes the band director has been everywhere and even on Disney Cruise. He is an amazing man! I am thankful that my daughter has the extreme fortune to be part of his life...

Yes the hours were extreme and wait for the next update...

Big Sister 2008, Head of Hotel Room #4109, and a HS POV!

Okay my Mom wanted me to write
WritingSmiley-anim.gif
a little bit for her trip report. HS POV is High School Point of View.

4 Teenage girls
smiley.jpg
armed with sugar, only one laptop, late night curfews, free reign in a hotel and at Disney, money, and little parental control now how fun is that. The whole entire trip was amazing for all the girls and myself. The trip was just amazing. We did everything teenage girls love to do. Going on all the rides we could think of, hanging out with all our friends, having random photo-shoots, meeting new people, late night hotel room parties
smiley_ladysinger.gif
and
smiley_ladysinger.gif
dancing, practical jokes
18f2a4e7.gif
, eating candy, seeing my favorite band, shopping, oh and I guess dancing in Disney was cool too!

My mom told me to clue you guys on what happened in Disney, but if I tell you, about 30 “innocent” teenage girls may be after me!
smiley-1.gif

100_2070.jpg
100_2408.jpg

The Biffles

Enjoy the rest!

i'm loving your report me and my brothers and sister are all homeschooled so the biggest outing i've ever been on is about 50 people with my church group i can't even imagnie 155 WOW

i'm loving your report me and my brothers and sister are all homeschooled so the biggest outing i've ever been on is about 50 people with my church group i can't even imagnie 155 WOW

I am glad you are enjoying it. I plan on updating more by Monday. I usually keep weekend time to enjoy with the kids and stay away from the computer.. But you never know. They have been known to leave me during the weekends..:lmao: :lmao:! They actually have friends and a life!

WOW :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

first of all AMAZZZING TR!!!
You sound like a wonderful woman and have a great family!!

I have a question though--when you guys ate and went on rides and stuff you went in smaller groups right? I mean all 150+ of you guys didn't go eat at once right?

And with your "magic fast pass" did you just take a small group of your daughters friends with you?
Because when I read your TR I get a very funny mental image of 150+ girls piling into Cosmic rays for dinner and the staff just looking absolutley stunned :eek:

hehe.

Anyways, GREAT TR!!! Can't wait for another update!!!

WOW :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

first of all AMAZZZING TR!!!
You sound like a wonderful woman and have a great family!!

I have a question though--when you guys ate and went on rides and stuff you went in smaller groups right? I mean all 150+ of you guys didn't go eat at once right?

And with your "magic fast pass" did you just take a small group of your daughters friends with you?
Because when I read your TR I get a very funny mental image of 150+ girls piling into Cosmic rays for dinner and the staff just looking absolutley stunned :eek:

hehe.

Anyways, GREAT TR!!! Can't wait for another update!!!

There were certain girls who hung out.. Some groups were small.. (4 was the minimum if they were caught with less they would be in trouble) but the majority was about 15-20 in each group. 15 ate together at Primetime but there was another table of 8 and my table of 3. Plus I saw another group that my daughter didn't really know of 6. So at one time we have 32 people at Primetime Cafe..

My "fast pass" is for 6. If DD was with a large group they went alone.. At a few rides we did go up to around 10 girls. I was chaperoning and I wasn't going to leave them behind. I asked the person at the ride if it was okay and if it wasn't we thanked them and went to another ride.

The lines were not very bad the week we were there. The only ride that was really bad was Soarin'. The wait was about 45-50 minutes and the fast passes were gone around 4ish. I was amazed how much smaller the crowds were compared to our usual trip time which is during the July 4th weekend.

The night that we went to Magic Kingdom it was DH, me, DS, DD and 3 of her friends. It was the only time that we did a group sweep of rides.. Now even though we used my pass for some of the rides, we walked right on to Snow White, the teacups (kids only) and Mickey's Philharmagic had NO one in line and the theatre was quite empty when we sat down...

I am very thankful for the pass. It allowed me chances to be with the kids when needed.

OH by the way I was going to mention this later in my TR but we had Hopper Passes. Now I am a pretty smart person and I know that Hopper means you can leave, but we were given the impression that we "had to stay in the park of the day". The Seniors tooks this in a total different meaning and thought it meant they should be in any other park but the one that we were to stay in. Needless to say I never once saw Senior Girls or the chaperone's that were with them...

Put a big :rotfl2: here! The one day they went to Epcot when we were at the Hollywood Studios. Our wait times were low, but they had a 2 hour wait for Soarin at Epcot that day and they waited... So maybe they thought they beat the system, but really, NO!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

We will be at WDW from September 12th to the 22nd!! I cannot wait. Bringing DD (10) ::MinnieMo and DD (6)princess: and DM is coming for the first time!!

See you there!! Carolle

Loving your report! I am chaperoning our bands trip to WDW in Dec. and you are giving me a lot of great info! I have chaperoned many trips, both as a teacher and as mom, but I am a bit concerned about this WDW trip. Not being able to plan my own vacation is driving me slowly mad, especially for Disney vets. I may have to start using your subliminal trick at our booster meetings. I have all this well earned WDW info and it drives me nuts when I hear incorrect info shared. It's hard to help without being the "know-it-all" crazy mom. LOL

Looking forward to the rest!

I am enjoying this report. Thanks for sharing it with us!

When I was in high school, my band went to Magic Music Days in Disneyland. It was a great time and we also visited some of the other southern California parks like Six Flags and Knotts Berry Farm. We also flew on that trip, although many other trips were by bus...and some of those involved overnight stays in sleeping bags on other high school's gym floors.

Okay, I feel terrible about not getting the TR going sooner but RL hit us with a bang... school's coming to an end so I am working on the report TODAY!

So be ready the bus is gonna get rolling again...;)

Around the World in 60 minutes, Teenage Drama Queens, and the 45 minute Flu!

We all woke up early again, and I was very thankful for the refrigerator in the room. I ate breakfast and took time to sit and look out the window. Funny how when I am at home I could have the whole morning to sit and admire the surroundings but I never do. Thank God for vacation time, at least I get to see the roses then
flower.gif

Teenage Drama Queens!!
thdrama.gif

Do I have your attention now…

A helpful tip:

Teenage girls do not know time management! They have clocks on their cellphones, their laptops, watches that we have bought them, and well every other person you see is wearing a watch. Still 5 minutes to them is actually 45 minutes to us. And when you tell them that they are late, they have the attitude. So much drama that you need to remember you are NOT in a bad play, this is your life. I guess bed-check last night went down to the wire. I am glad I was not one of the parents who were on duty. I couldn’t bear to be “that parent”.

Breakfast for the Girls - Act 4 Scene 6 Take 1,000,000. “You just told me 5 minutes ago that is was breakfast” while in reality the wake-up call was 45 minutes. “Did you shower? No, why are you asking me all these questions? Because you have to eat and NOT smell to get onto the bus today. Stop it Mom
dramaqueensmil.gif
, you are being so stupid!
dramaqueensmil.gif
I will be in the room after I eat.”
dramaqueensmil.gif
So if you need your child to be somewhere, do the math… over calculate and or physically pick them up and bring them with you. DH and I stood at the breakfast line and I gave him a quarter for every girl who was running down the hallway at the close of breakfast time… He is $12.00 richer for this experience. (He will be buying snacks today).

So I am glad to say that we get on the bus, no one smells and everyone has had breakfast. A few girls come out late and we get our morning announcements. We will be at the park until the end of Illuminations but will have to immediately make our way back afterwards. Doesn’t sound too complicated, does it??

We get off the bus and I give DD and DS money. I think you can all see the trend here. We are definitely walking wallets. No longer Mom and Dad but rather Ten and Twenty. I told DH I (this is me
bravo10.png
) was definitely the 10. We get the locker (thankfully no fire plugs at Epcot) and pack away the jeans. It is still cold and I am sure we will need them later. We have lunch reservations at the Garden Grill. DD is still pouting about this one. Most of the girls are going for dinner at Askerhaus but will be missing Illuminations. We have come to an arrangement, she doesn’t whine and I pay the bills.

DH and I head over to Soarin’. This is my absolute favorite ride. The tranquility puts me in a place that I never thought I could experience. I would ride it forever if I could. But wait, look behind us… There’s the kids
b811ccf8e4c7eb3ca2cb64c7de43e8e7.gif
, their arms are flapping, they are running, I hear their voices…. Now don’t think I am not hip
cool_smiley.gif
to their game, they don’t want me… They want the Magical Pass. Did I forget to mention that the board stated a 75 minute wait for Soarin’ and the Fast Passes were for late in the afternoon already. Yep I am reduced to being a 10 and the holder of the Pass. I don’t mind at all and we go to get on the ride. One of the young ladies calls her Dad who flew in yesterday and he joins us for a bit. It is nice to talk with another adult. Intellectual conversation flows naturally. It was a joyous time. We ride Soarin’, and Test Track. The kids leave for a show in one of the Pavilions. DH and I catch all the other attractions that we wanted to see. I decide to go back to Soarin’ and then it happened. We wait in line, get into our seats and I notice DH is squirming
208-1.gif
. He looks worried. I look over and he says nothing… We get off the ride and he pushes me to the door. Something is wrong
208-1.gif
and I know it. He tells me DS has called 8 times while we were on a 90 second ride. One of the children must be hurt
069fc243.gif
. My heart pounds. There is no reception for a call. We run out of Soarin’, we run outside and DH calls DS. Now DS answers the phone and says “Dad look in the sky??” DH is hysterical. “What do you mean? Who is hurt? Who is sick? What is wrong? Why did you call so much?” Now did I get all the W questions? So here is a picture of the problem… Are you ready? LOOK BELOW……

100_2383.jpg

100_2381.jpg

100_2376.jpg

(PS no need for smilies, they are in the sky and this is WAY so cool to a 12yo boy)

My heart is beating at a normal rate once again and we are off to lunch. It was nice and relaxing. The kids are having a good time interacting with the characters. They all eat the same things. Now this is important. We all ate the same lunch. We all ate the same dinner. Now snacks I think that may be a different story.

After lunch we head over to the World and do our usual quick tour of the countries. Not sure why but DH and I have not yet gained the appreciation of this side of the park. In all actuality we are just bidding our time out until Illuminations. I enjoyed the sprint around the world for the sheer fact that it was exercise in my book. We didn’t stop for anything in particular, a few pics here and there. No snacks because I didn’t feel like waiting in the long lines.

Cute Kids, Right??
image411.jpg

I am grateful that we had changed into our pants before venturing over and we get seats for Illuminations and call the kids… But what NO ANSWER!! Both phones are off?? Wait 5 minutes, still now answer, 10 minutes,
010_110103_worried_prv.gif
20 minutes, 30 minutes, can you say coronary???????????? I try to talk with the nice couple next to us to calm down. I see DH pushing the re-dial button. Finally he gets DS who said, “Sorry, we were on a ride”. See the clock
clock-smiley.gif
DOES NOT SWING BOTH WAYS. We have to have our phone on at all times and answer (see example above during our Soarin’ ride) but DS and DD can physically turn off their phones whenever… Okay I will spare you the details of the phone conversation. Needless to say everyone enjoyed Illuminations, everyone got back to the bus on time and the day ended. Announcements were short, and we were on bed check duty tonight. Animal Kingdom tomorrow and then the hotel pool party, so bed check was at midnight. Not too bad, I could do that. Washed 2 loads of clothes and walked the halls to all the rooms
bed_time.gif
. All girls were accounted for and it was a relatively quiet night. So I finally get to drift off to sleep…

NO NO – remember I said something about snacks…. I think that DS must have snacked with all 155 girls in Epcot. At exactly 2:15am it started. “the snack flu
smiley26.gif
”. Couldn’t be food poisoning as we all ate at the same place… But it came out… ALL the snacks, I know TMI!!!!! But 45 minutes to the time he started, he walked out of the bathroom and fell fast asleep. Now I have two options, call housekeeping at 3am or clean myself. So I take out those little packets that they give you when you have blood taken. You know the little alcohol swabs. And I clean the bathroom with them. All 50 that I had brought with me. What a sight to see. It took me longer to clean and disinfect (no one else needed to get sick and I didn’t know what was wrong at the time) the bathroom than he was sick. I plopped back into bed and immediately fell asleep. Not even a little thread of worry for my son. NONE. I was tired.

Next up: Am I too sick?? Missing an ADR, and “THAT MOM’ was right!!!

i just wanted to be the first one to say fantastic update:banana: :banana: i can't believe you cleaned the bathroom im sorry but im a kid and that is in my opinion gross:sick: :sick:

i just wanted to be the first one to say fantastic update:banana: :banana: i can't believe you cleaned the bathroom im sorry but im a kid and that is in my opinion gross:sick: :sick:

All us Mom's and Dad's do it, so just give yours a hug and kiss sometime for no reason at all.... That's enough payment for a lifetime of Flu's....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter