150 Club...care to join???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaarggh!

Only down .5 today...I guess my weekend and laziness caught up with me. Today is a new day, and I am determined to lose at least a little more before Halloween. I may not make 10 lbs., but I'm going to get as close as I can!

Maria

OK, I have decided that I need to join again! I did get lower than 150 about 2years ago, but long story short, for various reasons I kind of gained the weight back!! I'm not sure of my current weight, (guessing around 205lb!!) I intend to weigh myself tomorrow and start my diet then. Today DH and I have planned our weekly menu for next week and I intend to keep a food diary and count weight watchers points from tomorrow (I know this method works for me as that is how I lost the weight before.) I currently wear UK size 18 clothes, although these are a very snug fit! (a US 16 I think) and want to slim down to get into a UK size 14 by August ready for our 3 week American adventure. Although that is not my final goal, I want to eventually get down to 125lb.

Now my current problem seems to be lack of motivation, I know I need to loose weight, I have been trying, sticking to it for a week or 2 and them just giving up. I should be motivated as I want to look good in my trip photos next year, but just can't seem to keep the motivation up at the moment. I guess posting here is a step in the right direction at least!!

Thanks for reading, Karen

Good Afternoon!

Well, it was another bust of a weekend. I did get in a workout Sunday, so that's something. And both my Red Sox and Patriots were victorious, so it's hard to feel too down...

I'm eating well and hope to walk after work. I am just worn out from staying up late too often in the past week. I'm hoping things will quickly settle back to normal this week. It would help if I wasn't getting up in the dark. I don't know why Daylight Savings Time was delayed this year, but I don't like it...:sad2:

Karen Welcome Back! I'm so glad you decided to join us! :cheer2: I've decided that shorter goals are better for me -- I do better when I try to lose 5 lbs, because that is realistic. I should lose about 60, and thinking about it that way is too much. My goal between Halloween and Thanksgiving (that's Nov. 22nd) is to lose 5 lbs. I hope others will join me! What a great way to kick off the holiday season! I had a goal to lose 10 by Halloween, and I'm not quite going to make that, but I think I'll be close (probably about 8).

Kristin, Mandy, Dona -- How's it goin'? Are you ready for a Happy Halloween? I made my candy bags, and I'm ready for the munchkins to appear. pirate:

I saw a great mantra on another thread --- patience and persistence. With these two qualities, we will all reach our goals!

Let's Move and Lose!
Maria

Welcome to all the new people.:welcome: :welcome: It is nice to meet new people. When I get a chance this week I will introduce myself.

What a day yesterday. Church, breakfast, nursing home, groceries and then popcorn take in. I yelled at the pain from bs because she had the nerve to mess up three orders and then came at 2:50 with over 3000 worth of sales to get straightened out. I should have told her to take the popcorn and show up on Monday night but I didn't. I did yell about the mess that she was giving me. It took me over an hour to straighten out the mess and I still don't think it is right. I have to look it over again tonight. I shouldn't have lost my temper but I did. But she had a heck of a nerve to come at 10 to 3 when she knows that it said 1 to 3. She ruined my evening last night she can't ruin my day.

I got up this morning and did 20 minutes walkingand the knee is feeling pretty good. My eating has been terrible but that will change today. I have 7 weeks un til the end of the challenge. I need to get back into the weight loss mode. Exercise needs to be #1 on my schedule.

Off to work.

Food for the day
Breakfast cereal milk, tea, banana
Snack kashi bar
lunch chili snow peas pear
Snack apple
Dinner pork, lo mein and beef with broccolli
ice cream cake for dh's birthday

Exercise 20 minutes walking

I am now heading home to a very messy house. I need to clean the kitchen since there is a sink full of dishes since I lost an hour of time I could have been doing something at the house to Boy Scout popcorn yesterday. I do want to get some time in on my exercise bike since I don't feel like walking.

I still have to buy halloweeen candy. I don't get paid until the 31st so I only buy it on my way home from school. The last couple of years we have not had too many kids so I only buy a few bags. Mostly what ds2 will eat.

Maria I love the new mantra "patience and persistence. With these two qualities, we will all reach our goals!"

Let's keep these in mind
Have a great evening.

Thanks for the welcome guys,
So l weighed myself this morning and I was 203lb so my guess was close enough!!
I too have decided on smaller goals, here in the UK we weigh ourselves using stones and pounds (so my weight is 14stone 7lb as there are 14lb to a stone) so I have decided to reward myself after loosing each stone. And just as a bit of motivatin I have decided to reward myself after loosing the 1st 7lb. So I have decided when I reach 14 stone I will buy myself a pair of suede alice crocs. Once I have ordered those I will then decide what my next treat will be.

So I have been good today. I have stuck to my food plan and have not had any snacks. I'm just about to do some excercise too, I have descovered the boxing challenges on my wii are a great work out as you have to do punching movements and jump around at the same time!!

I hope everyone else has a successful day.

Hi all, I would like to join this group too. I am in the same situation as danauk.

I am currently at 210 and would like to be back in the 150 range. Ultimately I would like to be in the 130 range. I was 154 when I got married 11.5 years ago and was sorta comfortable. Now I am just terribly uncomfortable, lazy and just can't move. My dr also said I have to lose weight, get my BP and cholesterol down.

My dh is also not good at supporting me. He buys tons of junk that neither me or the kids need. I keep telling him not to buy it, but he thinks he is "providing" for his family. He doesn't eat it so it doesn't seem like a problem to him.

On the good side, I have joined LAFitness, hired a personal trainer for 12 sessions and am consulting with a nutritionist. I am also in the monthly excercise challenge group and that is motivating. I have found some water classes at the club that I really enjoy and that is a great beginning for me.

I look forward to "meeting" you all.

Welcome Cruisin Ears :welcome: :welcome: You and I are at the same place. SOme days this thread is more active than others.

Good Wednesday Morning Not so busy day at school but a very busy day after school. We had school on Mond and Wed of this week and then we are off until next Tues so a lot of parents take this week off and take the kids out of school.

Senior Fashio n show tonight. I was there for a few hours last night setting up and we finish the set up at 3 this afternoon. Then we have to be back there at 6. I can't stand these things. Too loud and my ds2 is not going to be modeling but he will be a runner with the prizzes. I also always lose at these things.

ENT doc appointment wasn't too bad. He wants he on antibiotics for another 10 days to make sure that we got everything. He also wants to check my blood glucose level. If that is off then I could be prone to more infections. Strange combination. He asked me if I had gained any weight. I haven't since last Feb but before that I had lost and gained 20 pounds. I thinkk I really need to get super back on track with my diet and exercise plan if there is connection.

Thanks geety for the pickle. We have a glass one that hangs on our tree every year. My dh is german and so we have been doing that since I found out about that tradition. Beside ds2 is a pickle freek. We can not keep a jar of pickles in the house once they have been opened. He has been given a 5 gallon jar twice as birthday presents since he loves them so much. So the pickle means a lot to me.

Have a losing day everyone.

Keep up the hard work

Good Thursday morning guys. I am sorry that I did not get back to everyone last night. Once I left school (and I ran out of the building as soon as the bell rang. I looked like one of the kids) I had a stop to make to get my blood work sheet from my doctor, a stop at a house to pick up gift baskets, a stop at my house to pick up brownies and then to the high school to finish setting up for the fashion show. Needless to say the lady who ran the gift baskets got no help from her committee so I made endless trips back and forth to the car to get them and then set up took forever because you never really know how much table space you need. We ended up adding two more tables before we could get it right.

Then I ran home and found out ds2 got into the college that he really wants to go to. :cheer2: :cheer2: He has not gotten his formal letter yet but he has been emailing the associate dean of the engineering dept and he emailed him with the good news last night. Then shower dinner and to the fashion show. It was everything I thought it would be and more. It was noisy and very few people helped with the gift baskets. (again the committee) I must have walked for over a half an hour moving gift baskets. Then after was take down and clean up. We had that all done in about 45 minutes But with all the help that I gave the gift basket lady she just left and never offered to help us with clean up.

The killer waas when I got ot my car my battery was dead. At least dh was there to help clean up and then drive me home. It is now in the shop.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello everyone!

So sorry I have been away. So many things going on with life. As a quick summary: 2 cousins passed away, childhood friend's DD passed away, aunt passed away, I had bronchitis and the chicken pox, I had a blood clot in the leg scare, I had a head injury at work that bleed like mad, visited DS and had a great time, dad had a lower abdomen cat scan--and they caught some of his lungs and now he will have a full cat scan of lungs to see how much of his lungs seem to have cancer, and last and probably the least--a large branch from one of our oaks fell on my car. Whew.

Now that I probably have more interest and sympanthy than I really deserve, we are all doing fine right now. I am much better, no clot, just a small cut that is healing on my head, and the car only recieved minor scrapes. Everyone else in the family--other than dad--is doing great. DS is having a good semster. Only calc is a bit of an issue.

DD and friends are here. Time to go for now.

Best to all.

Wendy

Wendy :grouphug: :grouphug: YOu have been through so much in the last couple of weeks that I think that you need the hug. Glad that you are feeling better.

Wow Wendy!! Glad almost everything has worked out! :hug:

Kristin I have the same problem w/ my DH... he needs to be on the wagon w/ me but it is so hard to get him on the same page.

I have been sort of taking a break from dieting over the last 2 months. Surprisingly, even with eating terrible and 2 WDW trips, I have only gained 6 lbs since the beginning of September.

I broke down this week and bought alli. I started it last night. I am 5'8" and weighed in this morning at 180.2, and I would like to be 145-150. I started in Feb at 218 and lost the 38 lbs through a 1200 calorie diet and lots of exercise. I am hoping that alli will help jumpstart me back so I can lose the remaining 30-35 lbs.

I signed up for this thread/challange quite awhile ago and I am sorry to say I really never got started on my goal of getting to 150. Just weighed today and I have about 40 lbs to get there. All I have lost is time not weight!. Anyway I'm ready to start again. WISH me luck as I do for all of you! Going to get out my WW books and try the no point counting program. Grammy

I MADE IT!!! 149 on the scale today!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone at WISH.

Now to keep it off....

Hi Everyone!

I'm really focusing on training for the Disney Half rather than weight loss right now. I can't get injured or overextend myself, so I'm following a training plan. It's working out more days of the week, but doing different things and not as long.

That combined with all the calories I need to keep going are not helping me lose weight. I've sort of thrown in the towel until after the Half, at which time I expect to get going and make some progress again!

Paula -- :woohoo: Congratulations!

Grammy -- it takes awhile and we all have ups and downs, as long as quitting isn't an option, the only thing to do is keep going!:goodvibes

Kat -- How do you like alli? If I didn't hate pills so much...Anyway, I hope you are getting the results you want. :thumbsup2

Dona -- I bet you have been a very busy woman! Congrats to DS, I know he must be so pleased. Looks like :santa: came early this year.

Wendy -- Oh my goodnes, you have been through so much! :grouphug: We are here for you, and I hope you are continuing on your weight loss journey. It's hard with so much turmoil in your life, but we will still be here Jan. 1...(hint!):wizard:

Cruisin', Kristin, Danauk and Mandy -- :yay: Tell us how we can be of more help to you. I would love to see this thread movin' again! :cloud9:

Let's Get Goin'!
Maria

Just wanted to say a quick "Hi!" How is everybody doing? Today I walk for 60 minutes on the TM, and we're have a WW chicken chili recipe for dessert. Now if I can just stay away from the Christmas cookies...

Maria

I did great on Alli... for the two weeks I stuck to it, and then Thanksgiving intervened and I have been having a tough time getting back to it.

Today I am trying, yet again, to get back on the wagon. On the good side of things, I haven't completely erased my earlier progress up until Sept 1. On the bad side, I have gained about 8 lbs back of the 45 I had lost.

I would love to lose weight in December, but I think that all I can reasonably hope for is to not gain. I am planning to be good for at least the next 2-3 weeks.

I went to the gym at lunch today, drank all my water, had a dietary lunch, and have dietary dinner plans, so at least I am good so far.

Holidays are sooo hard!!

*Bump*

Hi Everyone!

Still plugging away with the training for the Disney Half Marathon -- is anyone else still interesting in posting on this thread? It seems kind of quiet.

I'm hoping that January 1st we will start to pick up steam. After the Half my next focus is to really push myself on the diet and exercise front before that next big birthday ending in "0" in June...I'm hoping you guys will stick with me!

Best,
Maria

I'm still here... thread-killer that I am...

I managed to lose 9 lbs in the month of December, to get me back to about where I was in Sept when my WDW trip bumped me off the path. I am sure the next week will net a nice gain though.

I will be right there w/ you in Jan. I want to get back to my pre-Mr Kat weight of 150ish by our May anniversary trip. I think 25 lbs in 4 months is doable?

I was in the 150's 4 years ago, but slowly regained the weight I lost. I'd like to be back in the 150's by my birthday in April.

Hi Guys!

Still plugging away here getting ready for the Half Marathon, and I've started counting WW points again. I'm just hoping to be fairly steady until the 15th, and after the Race hoopla I'll get to working hard on finally getting to the size I want to be.

Nancy -- Welcome!

Kat -- Good to hear from you! This thread just needs a resurrection. When is your anniversary? We will be married 15 years on May 8th...

Everyone have an awesome day!
Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter