14th floor Contemporary indecision...

nasmith

DIS Veteran
I am most certainly an easily-influenced woman !! BambyTambly started this with her "I got the 14th floor!!" thread - and now I've booked the 14th floor for our Sept/Oct. trip --- I was waffleing between Poly and AKL concierge for the trip (one for the location, the other for the wonderful service/snackies) -- and have now changed it altogether for the 14th floor at the COntemporary!!

I've read a few "I loved it!" posts - but was hoping those people could elaborate?? Also - any trip reports would be appreciated!!

I've stayed Poly, AKL, WL, and YC concierge - so this will be an entirely new experience for me!! Thanks for the enthusiasm!!! Jill

Hi just returned from a 8 day stay on 14th floor at the CR. This was our 2nd stay there and we loved it even more. I could write pages why we stay here and all of the little things that made it worth every $. I haven't had time to write a report but I will tell you that sitting on our balcony every night and watching Wishes was great. Turn the TV to channel 20 and hear the entire show. Bill even told us when in the story to see Tink fly from the castle.
If you would like to please feel free to PM me and I'll answer any question. We are already planning for our next trip and we wouldn't stay any other place.

EToo :earsgirl:

BambiTamby won me over too! I've already got my trip for this year booked elsewhere (AKL and Poly split stay), but I went ahead and booked CR 14th floor for our 2005 trip. :teeth: Since there are only 3 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor, they are hard to get from what I understand. I'm really looking forward to it! Enjoy your trip!

DH and I are looking into the 14th floor of the Contemporary. We don't have a lot of info, so we are really counting on hearing from all of you!!!! The Contemporary is our absolute favorite resort - DH doesn't ever want to stay any where else - but sometimes when you wait too long to book , it doesn't quite work out!!!

The 12th floor is "light" Concierge - right??? And the 14th floor is full service concierge - right??? I wasn't aware that there were only 3 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor. That is good to know for scheduling purposes (as in - don't procrastinate in making those reservations!!!).

We are looking forward to hearing what anyone has to say specifically about the 14th floor at the Contemporary!!!

All these years we have been going - can you believe we have never stayed concierge???

Donna::MinnieMo

WoW! Sounds like there is going to be a small 14th floor fan club going on here!!!

EToo- I (and several others apparently) would LOVE your trip report!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I'll defintely have to include "balcony time" into our trip!! Jill

I hope I can ask my question without offending anyone!
How do all of you afford the 14th floor? I know the simple answer is most likely that you have a good income, but it seems a lot of people do concierge or other tower floors every year. I love the CR, and hope to split my trip in April 2005 between a tower room and a wing room. I hate having to change rooms, but it's the only way I can afford to do a tower room, and it is a dream to get one with the castle view for my 6 yr old DD.

Anyway, I feel a little guilty because I should be saving more for her college education and my retirement (I'm a teacher), but I also want to make special memories for the two of us together that we will always share.

So, how do you do it?

:teacher: princess: :cat: :cat:
Our little family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter