14mo at WDW?

NedsTJ

Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!
So my wife and I would like to take a trip back to the world in December. She wants to go and see all the Christmassy stuff...I just want to go, LOL. And yes, we just got back from what will probably be our last trip sans kids for a while. I would just as well put off taking the little one with us until she's at least 2, but (if I have my way) DW will either be very much expecting #2, or #2 will already be making her presence known (and thus not a good time to leave the state, LOL).

I guess I'm not so much looking for advice as to whether or not to take the little one (it's a fact that if we go we will be taking her: Wife Law)...just advice on what to expect and maybe how to plan the parks, etc, from others that have had similar travels. As a side note, the in-laws will probably be joining us along with other members of her family. So additional help will be available.

So my wife and I would like to take a trip back to the world in December. She wants to go and see all the Christmassy stuff...I just want to go, LOL. And yes, we just got back from what will probably be our last trip sans kids for a while. I would just as well put off taking the little one with us until she's at least 2, but (if I have my way) DW will either be very much expecting #2, or #2 will already be making her presence known (and thus not a good time to leave the state, LOL).

I guess I'm not so much looking for advice as to whether or not to take the little one (it's a fact that if we go we will be taking her: Wife Law)...just advice on what to expect and maybe how to plan the parks, etc, from others that have had similar travels. As a side note, the in-laws will probably be joining us along with other members of her family. So additional help will be available.

We took my son at 9 mos and 15 mos. He loved it. We went a little slower, and were "in" a little earlier than normal but he had a blast, and we did too!!

My parents went along and were a great help, but I'd say bring her along. Lots of snacks and fluids---and of course the changes of clothes and other assorted paraphernalia that goes along with little ones and you're good to go.

I wouldn't trade either of those trips for the world----one word of caution though...my son at 9mos loved the costumed characters, at 15 mos, not so much....he's back to loving them now, so who knows:confused3

Kids:lmao:

We took DS around that time and the in-laws were along to help out. Not really much different than being at home just way more fun!. Plan on the little one crashing in the stroller and that is when you do the things that you can't do with a little one. Avoid the Hall of Presidents though. People give you nasty looks if the little one starts crying then, but Carousel of Progress is a lot of fun. Its a great big beautiful tomorrow...

our dd18 has been going since she has been 9 mos. like others said, we took it slower, with extra adults you can baby swap the rides. we would be at the park at rope drop, back at the resort around noon-1pm for a rest and back out around 4pm. the only ride i ever had to get up and leave was the car. of progress.:lmao: stoller, chereos and something to drink and she was good to go!:thumbsup2 we have alot of great mems. all together with her at wdw. dw and i went in 2009 for 8 nights by ourselfs the first time in 16 years for our 25th aniv. but other than that, she has gone everytime.:thumbsup2

When I saw the subject line I thought you had won a huge lottery jackpot and you were going to spend 14 months in Walt Disney World. :lmao:

I was ready to book your trip for you! :rotfl2:

When I saw the subject line I thought you had won a huge lottery jackpot and you were going to spend 14 months in Walt Disney World. :lmao:

I was ready to book your trip for you! :rotfl2:

Disney would be on the agenda...but not for 14 months! Maybe a month or two...but if I own the lottery that would be the least of my concerns!! LOL!

Thanks for the inputs all. I guess I was more "worried" that there'd be enough there that she'd be interested in (and able to do) at that age. But really, if all we end up doing is strolling around the park, that's perfectly OK with me, LOL.
My bigger concern is slowly becoming the in-laws - neither her mom or her stepdad have ever been to Disney and will be looking to us to plan, schedule, show them around...ugh. (but that'll be for the rant thread at a later date, LOL!)

We took our youngest dd at 15 months and oldest was 3 then. Make sure you have your stroller. We took them back for a nap in the afternoon sun and return to the parks. She was scared of most of the characters, but did ok with princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter