145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Oh Dee - I don't blame you for getting frustrated. All your hard work and all you wanted was a picture with your son. I would have reacted the same way.

Despite getting photobombed, I think you did a great job cropping.

I so understand your frustration and have only done day trips. Can't imagine how stressed you actually were. Glad Nate did finally pose for a nice pic.

Oh Dee! I'm so sorry that the boys messed up the pictures that you were trying to have taken of you and Nate. Coming from someone who broke down on the last night of the cruise, you know that I can understand how you were feeling. You ask for one gosh darn thing and then it gets ruined through no fault of your own. I commend Nate for seeking you out and agreeing to take more pictures. :thumbsup2

Oh Dee!!!

I could strangle those boys for you, Nate too.

So very sorry and so very understandable that you lost it.

Thanks, everyone!!!

Oh Dee! I'm sorry you reached the breaking point. Teens! :bitelip: Did your son actually crack a smile in the last photo? Awww.. so glad that you finally got your photo. :goodvibes

This certainly was the low point of the trip for me.

But yes, Nate does actually appear to be smiling in that second photo in front of Primevil Whirl. And he had given me a little hug, too. Unprecedented!

Oh Dee... I am so sorry you were brought to tears. I can certainly understand how upsetting that would be. I think I would cry too.

It is so hard when something does not live to our expectations and I can only imagine how much you wished you were there with your husband and kids only.

I think you are a hero for putting a brave smile and carrying on.

:)

Q

It was really a shame that the incident happened. I was mostly pleased with the behaviour of all of the boys in our group, and up to this point I had told the other chaperones, and teachers, and administrators that but this put a damper on my outlook.

Oh Dee - I don't blame you for getting frustrated. All your hard work and all you wanted was a picture with your son. I would have reacted the same way.

Despite getting photobombed, I think you did a great job cropping.

I gave Nate freedom during the trip, I treated the kids with respect and seriously, I ask for ONE thing...

I knew the second kid had photobombed, but I didn't realize that whoever had snapped the picture took one before he was behind us. Thus, I was able to crop that picture.

I haven't looked too closely at the two pictures of us at Primevil Whirl, but from a distance the pictures are not too bad considering I was bawling right before they were taken.

I so understand your frustration and have only done day trips. Can't imagine how stressed you actually were. Glad Nate did finally pose for a nice pic.

I think Nate was really freaked out seeing me in tears. I'm sure he has only seen me cry a few times, so he knew it was a big deal. I suspect the chaperone talked to him, but I never asked either one what she said.

Oh Dee! I'm so sorry that the boys messed up the pictures that you were trying to have taken of you and Nate. Coming from someone who broke down on the last night of the cruise, you know that I can understand how you were feeling. You ask for one gosh darn thing and then it gets ruined through no fault of your own. I commend Nate for seeking you out and agreeing to take more pictures. :thumbsup2

I learned, like you, that your emotions can go on super-high hair trigger setting when you are on a trip. Sometimes it seems like so much is at stake. A lack of sleep doesn't help the situation any!

But I think I have said it before- trips like this are like childbirth. You forget about all the pain and trouble and then you go and decide to do it all again!

Oh Dee!!!

I could strangle those boys for you, Nate too.

So very sorry and so very understandable that you lost it.

You know, the thing that really bothered me was that the boy did not say he was sorry. Boys will be be boys, and what he did wasn't really meant to be disrespectful (I think), but when I told him that it upset me, I expected an apology.

Fortunately, there was just another half day of the trip and then travel time, so I knew, appropriately enough, that:

IMG_1510.jpg

That's awful!! I would have lost it too. Especially when he didn't have anything to say- he could care less.

A hug from Nate!!! Amazing. You must have been a mess!
No Finding Nemo takers... I wonder why. Lol I love that show. We haven't seen it in a few years.

natebenma said:
It was really a shame that the incident happened. I was mostly pleased with the behaviour of all of the boys in our group, and up to this point I had told the other chaperones, and teachers, and administrators that but this put a damper on my outlook.

I gave Nate freedom during the trip, I treated the kids with respect and seriously, I ask for ONE thing...

You know, the thing that really bothered me was that the boy did not say he was sorry. Boys will be be boys, and what he did wasn't really meant to be disrespectful (I think), but when I told him that it upset me, I expected an apology.

No wonder you were in tears! I would have been really upset too, and at the very least, the boy could have apologized. I'm glad you did wind up with a decent picture in the end.

Ach Dee I feel your pain and you really did do well keeping your cool for so long;)
I'm glad Nate gave you a hug (see he does love his mum). I think teenagers sometimes forget that they aren't the only ones whose hormones are on the rampage and that even us mums have feelings too! Doesnt do kids any harm to realise that their actions effect those around them so seeing you cry while not pleasant for you will have hopefully taught them something and maybe they will think twice in future.
I think I would have been more upset at the lack of an apology too. Bet you were counting down the days until home;)

Hi Dee! Just caught up on your report and I wanted to give you a hug too: :hug: Ugh. As for Flame Tree, it's one of our favorite CS (and you know how we feel about CS generally, so that means a lot!) I just love a good lake/Everest view. We've taken many photos at Flame Tree from those lakeside tables, and some think that's a real mountain in the background, given the way we zoomed and cropped! If you return, I highly recommend the pulled pork - I like that one. :)

Hello! :wave2: I followed you here from my TR!
I haven't read everything yet, so I still have to go back and update myself, but I did read your last post. I get that the photobombers weren't trying to be nasty, but they should have had more respect too. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience trying to get a picture with your son. :( I can imagine the stress of trying to chaperone so many teens, that straw would easily have broken the camel's back!
Off to read the rest!

That's awful!! I would have lost it too. Especially when he didn't have anything to say- he could care less.

A hug from Nate!!! Amazing. You must have been a mess!
No Finding Nemo takers... I wonder why. Lol I love that show. We haven't seen it in a few years.

I know, right!?! Nate actually giving me a hug, while his friends were in the vicinity, was a huge indication of how unsettling it was for him to see me cry.

I got more than one eye roll when I mentioned the Nemo show. But I thought if there was anyone who wanted to see it, I wouldn't mind taking them. I have only seen it once. My boys are not interested in shows while we are at the World.

No wonder you were in tears! I would have been really upset too, and at the very least, the boy could have apologized. I'm glad you did wind up with a decent picture in the end.

I could not believe that when I gave him the opportunity to issue two simple words, he did not say "I'm sorry"

Ach Dee I feel your pain and you really did do well keeping your cool for so long;)
I'm glad Nate gave you a hug (see he does love his mum). I think teenagers sometimes forget that they aren't the only ones whose hormones are on the rampage and that even us mums have feelings too! Doesnt do kids any harm to realise that their actions effect those around them so seeing you cry while not pleasant for you will have hopefully taught them something and maybe they will think twice in future.
I think I would have been more upset at the lack of an apology too. Bet you were counting down the days until home;)

For a 5 day (3 park day) trip it was certainly a LONG one! I guess the bright side was that I didn't get the overwhelming feeling of sadness anticipating the end of this trip.

Fortunately, I don't think there were too many people there who knew I "lost it". Two chaperones and Nate were the only ones to the best of my knowledge. I don't think either photobomber saw me.

Hi Dee! Just caught up on your report and I wanted to give you a hug too: :hug: Ugh. As for Flame Tree, it's one of our favorite CS (and you know how we feel about CS generally, so that means a lot!) I just love a good lake/Everest view. We've taken many photos at Flame Tree from those lakeside tables, and some think that's a real mountain in the background, given the way we zoomed and cropped! If you return, I highly recommend the pulled pork - I like that one. :)

Thanks for the hug!

Sounds like the pulled pork is the way to go! Do you have a review on the desserts? Can you stomach the key lime thing?

The view at the Flame Tree can't be beat!

Hello! :wave2: I followed you here from my TR!
I haven't read everything yet, so I still have to go back and update myself, but I did read your last post. I get that the photobombers weren't trying to be nasty, but they should have had more respect too. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience trying to get a picture with your son. :( I can imagine the stress of trying to chaperone so many teens, that straw would easily have broken the camel's back!
Off to read the rest!

:welcome: Wendy!!!

I'm so glad to have you join us here!

So, I see, you went right for the "good" part, first! I listed all of my chapters in advance, so everyone else has been anticipating reading about my breakdown for months.

I have to tell you that I have been singing "Under the Sea" for days, since reading the title of your trip report.

I missed a few days, but just came back to get caught up.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Love getting the back story.

I can see why you were so upset. Sometimes things just go so far out of control they are overwhelming. I'd be most cranky with photobomber #1, because that looks like a great picture, without his contribution.

Urgh. Boys. If I was his mama I'd be terribly embarrassed if I found out my boy didn't even bother to apologize. That's even more rude than his actions by messing with your photo.

How did I not notice that FB's adventures were posting?!? We can't wait to meet him. Off to read about what he's been up to so far. :)

I missed a few days, but just came back to get caught up.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Love getting the back story.

I can see why you were so upset. Sometimes things just go so far out of control they are overwhelming. I'd be most cranky with photobomber #1, because that looks like a great picture, without his contribution.

Glad to have you back!

I can't tell you how much the comments you posted at the beginning of the report cracked me up! I'm thinking... she hit the nail on the head analyzing the expressions on both of our faces.
I couldn't wait to repost what you and Robyn said after I told the story. Of course, I had to wait 3 months!

Yes, #1 was the one who pushed me over the edge:

He was there when told Nate I wanted the picture
He photobombed anyway
And he didn't apologize

Urgh. Boys. If I was his mama I'd be terribly embarrassed if I found out my boy didn't even bother to apologize. That's even more rude than his actions by messing with your photo.

How did I not notice that FB's adventures were posting?!? We can't wait to meet him. Off to read about what he's been up to so far. :)

Speaking of parents... I am heistant to mention this, but the boy's dad was there. I debated (a lot) about whether to say something to him, but I was afraid that he would tell me that I was overreacting and what his boy had done was not that bad. I didn't need that!

Oh, gosh! I figured you had seen the plans for FB's trip report(s). Glad you found it. You can let me know your comfort level for posting pictures and names of your family.

For anyone else who has missed it, my "son" Flat Ben has a trip report about the adventures he is sharing with other families on their trips to the World and the Dark Side. There is a (small) link in my signature, but if you need a road map:

The Amazing Adventures of Flat Ben and Friends

Hi Dee just wanted to let you know I have been planning my trip for April!!! Remember when nobody wanted to go next yr.?? Well I said what if we stayed at the Hard Rock and did mostly Uni/IOA and 1 day of Disney for me?? They bought it!!! Woohoo I am so psyched!
I get to make my 1 ADR in 2 weeks.
Sorry just had to share my good news!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Dee just wanted to let you know I have been planning my trip for April!!! Remember when nobody wanted to go next yr.?? Well I said what if we stayed at the Hard Rock and did mostly Uni/IOA and 1 day of Disney for me?? They bought it!!! Woohoo I am so psyched!
I get to make my 1 ADR in 2 weeks.
Sorry just had to share my good news!

:woohoo:

That trip sounds familiar! I wish we had stayed at the Hard Rock during our US/IoA trip. Our one day was MK. What will yours be? And what is your one ADR??? (Ours was Kona)

natebenma said:
:woohoo:

That trip sounds familiar! I wish we had stayed at the Hard Rock during our US/IoA trip. Our one day was MK. What will yours be? And what is your one ADR??? (Ours was Kona)

We are lucky that we have a park hopper day left on a ticket from a few years ago. DS11 was sick one day and we didn't go to the parks. So we'll be able to do more than one park. I thought we could try doing all 4 but DH isn't into that he already said we'll skip AK. I said really??? Skip Everest??? It's his favorite.
I realized I'll probably make a couple ADRs 1 for the 1 park day at Be Our Guest and maybe 1 or 2 more. We'll have a car so we can do some of our favorite resort restaurants. Probably Narcoossees or Cali Grill to watch Wishes.
Just waiting for the flights now. If they are to much we're gonna go in July instead.

We are lucky that we have a park hopper day left on a ticket from a few years ago. DS11 was sick one day and we didn't go to the parks. So we'll be able to do more than one park. I thought we could try doing all 4 but DH isn't into that he already said we'll skip AK. I said really??? Skip Everest??? It's his favorite.
I realized I'll probably make a couple ADRs 1 for the 1 park day at Be Our Guest and maybe 1 or 2 more. We'll have a car so we can do some of our favorite resort restaurants. Probably Narcoossees or Cali Grill to watch Wishes.
Just waiting for the flights now. If they are to much we're gonna go in July instead.

Lucky that you have those tickets (non-expire, or pre-hopper?) We purchased one day tickets for the 4 of us last summer. YIKES!!!

July is nice! I hope that we will be returning to Florida in July- Disney and Universal- but DH is not on board yet. C'mon discounts!

My past two posts- about lunch at the Flame Tree and being the victim of photobombers- were somewhat of a bummer. In an attempt to put a more positive spin on this report, I’ll post some of the pictures I took in Dinoland USA just before, and during, my breakdown. Yes, I was snapping pictures as I was sobbing away behind a pole.

The confrontation with PB1 took place in this dinosaur gift shop:

P1110623.jpg

P1110626.jpg

P1110627.jpg

P1110630.jpg

One of the CMs there must have noticed that I looked pretty agitated. He came over to me and said "You know there’s a Hidden Mickey in here, right?" And he pointed to it up in the corner, on the wall to the right of the exit door to Primeval Whirl.

Do you see it?

P1110625.jpg

Since I didn’t want anyone to see me crying, I took this series of pictures of Triceratops Spin, so that my back would be turned to the crowd:

P1110621.jpg

P1110633.jpg

P1110634.jpg

P1110635.jpg

P1110636.jpg

Just after Nate and I took the two pictures together, he and a few friends rode PW. I took pictures of the ride as we waited for them. These are not people from our group.

P1110637.jpg

P1110638.jpg

P1110631.jpg

P1110632.jpg

P1110639.jpg

P1110642.jpg

P1110643.jpg

P1110644.jpg

When the boys had finished on PW, it was time to cross back into Asia.

Next up: Yeti, Yet Again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter