<14 year old rule & a 5' 17 year old ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Not that I want to do a math equation, but
if you are not <14 and are = 17
but your height is only 5', 17 years old & young looking
Will WDW always ID the 5' young looking person ?

What do you think?

:rotfl:They should make a button to wear - "I may be little, but older than 14"
or "Short & Sweet & 17":rotfl:

:confused3Thoughts :confused3

As an almost 40yo 5' tall person, I can assure you that they do eventually stop asking :)

~LOL. Now that's a thought -- too funny! I have no idea how to answer that, but I'm sure it's going to happen! :rotfl:

My 66 yo MIL is 5' tall and they let her in fine:).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not that I want to do a math equation, but
if you are not <14 and are = 17
but your height is only 5', 17 years old & young looking
Will WDW always ID the 5' young looking person ?

What do you think?

:rotfl:They should make a button to wear - "I may be little, but older than 14"
or "Short & Sweet & 17":rotfl:

:confused3Thoughts :confused3

At the age of 17 (aren't those the lyrics of a Stevie Nicks song?), the person in question should have a photo ID and I would imagine be asked to present when needed. But, at 17, the person can't yet vote, can't drink (legally), can't buy cigarettes (legally) so might not yet be in the situation to just have that ID ready to go. I would prepare the person for what's going to come later in life.

Off topic sorta - when I was 16 years old, my sister bought me a Sunday ticket for the Philadelphia Phillies games. Of course, my parents went with me but every single Sunday - every single Sunday - was a promo day. For kids 12 and under. And every single Sunday - every single Sunday - I was gleefully handed the promo item. So I know what that feels like.

Just make sure the 17 year old has ID and you'll be fine. :)

I turn 30 in a couple weeks (!!!) and I still get ID'd everywhere. Legal age here is 19.... so that gives you an idea of how young I look! I also get dirty/concerned looks when people see me... pregnant and with a 2.5 year old. When I was trying for baby #2 and I'd buy pregnancy tests, people were really really worried until they saw my wedding ring. lol

I think best case scenario all Disney can do is program their magic bands to alert them to the guests staying onsite registered as age 13 and below. Beyond that, they are going to have to take the word of the guest. 14 and 15 year olds typically do not travel with a legal ID.

My id was checked until I was about 45. 4'8" tall and young looking. I'm 65 now and people rarely guess it.

5'1, 25 years old, and get asked all the time at Disney things such as what grade am I in, am i missing school, am I on school vacation, etc. :cool1:

I am 5 foot myself and 30 years old. Everytime I'm with my hubby at Disney they ask if I'm his daughter!! I too get mistaken for a tennager all the time. I'm so used to it now I just laugh it off.

She will have her license on her - picture included on it.
Maybe she will get a kick out of it ;) when she gets id'ed.

Or - maybe she can ask for a birthday pin - saying happy #17 - just so she will not be id'ed all the time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter