14 year old daughter

newcruiser

Earning My Ears
I have a 14 year daughter who is not very excited about going into the teen club. Does anyone have any information that I can give to her that will make her more interested. What all does the teen club have. She wants to stay with mom and dad the whole time.

We will be on the June 15 Eastern cruise

Thanks

Tell your daughter that the teen club is an absolute blast, I'm 15 so i kinda know there's no chance she'll want to stay with the parental units the entire trip! They have planned activities and shore excursions. Like, one night, they had a video scavenger hunt, where you take video cameras around and totally goof off! Then they have like a kareoke night, and stuff.. You meet SOOO many people, and you'll be SO glad you went. I went on the cruise about 3 years ago, and i was terrified to just go up to complete strangers and talk to them, but this club really helped us break the ice. I still talk to some people i met in Common Grounds. Then, when i brought my friend on the next cruise, we went in there occasionally, but we always had each other. We're both going on the June 1st cruise together, and our first stop will definately be Common Grounds... Good luck meeting peole, and have fun on the cruise!

Sauunders is right; Once she gets to Common
Grounds and meets a few people she will have
a blast. The counselors are great and so is the
rest of the crowd. I am also 14 and I can't wait
to return.

If you would like a copy of one of the Teen Times
to read let me know, I have a copy and would be
glad to send it to her. Have a great Cruise.

I think your daughter will have a blast. We just returned from the 7-day May 18 cruise. My 14 ds had the time of his life. From the time the teens met at Common Ground at the get acquainted party on the first night (I think it was 10:30 pm), we hardly saw him!! We let him stay out until 1am, he would come in sleep, get up and back out the door he went. We told him we booked the 7-day Western and I thought he had died and went to heaven. He can't wait to go back. HTH

Lisa :sunny:

I am 15 and looking forword for our cruise on June 15th,2002!!!! I hope your daughter will talk to me!!! I have been trying to find some people "My" age to talk to before the cruise!!! I cant wait!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

im a 14 too and i went on the may 4-11 eastern and i was scared i wouldnt meet anybody but i went and i met so0o0o many people and i had the BEST time, the counslers are great, they have some cool activities when your not in common grounds, u can hang out with the people u meet there around the ship. i got to be really good friends with a lot of people in there and we've been keeping in touch and are actually gonna get together this summer. you should definately go it makes the trip even more fun!!

Make sure you tell her to attend the TEEN 411 on the first night. There should be an invitation for her sometime the first day in the stateroom. That's is where you meet all the teens onboard and all the counselors. After that initial meeting kids spend the week many different ways with each other...sometimes in common grounds, sometimes at the movies, arcade, sports deck, etc. There is alot for them to do. My three teens always meet people and love it. We are going on our 6th DCL cruise on 8/3/02. My oldest DD who is now 18 can't wait to go back to the adult clubs again (we went 2/23/02).

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter