14-night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise (May 14-28, 2011) Lots of pics! COMPLETED 9/8

Your trip report was great! We hope to do the transatlantic cruise soon, but the other way round starting in Barcelona.
We would then take some extra days to visit the Disney parks

Thanks for having written the report and for placing so many pictures. Great reading on a rainy Sunday afternoon!

Kind regards,
Steve

I just found the TR, and loved it! Awesome pictures. And now I want to go on a trans-atlantic cruise :blush:

We have just sat and read this TR again for around the 8th time! We are booked on the EBTA in May 2013 and just love sitting here, reading your fantastic report, you have put so much time and effort into it.

I noticed that when you were boarding, you wrote about trying to work out your rotational dining from your KTTW card...do you know which restaurants are which night then before you board? Do they give you that information at check in?

It is is our first Disney cruise so it's all very new to us!

Again, thanks so much for a wonderful report. I am sure we will read it a few more times before May :)

We have just sat and read this TR again for around the 8th time! We are booked on the EBTA in May 2013 and just love sitting here, reading your fantastic report, you have put so much time and effort into it.

I noticed that when you were boarding, you wrote about trying to work out your rotational dining from your KTTW card...do you know which restaurants are which night then before you board? Do they give you that information at check in?

It is is our first Disney cruise so it's all very new to us!

Again, thanks so much for a wonderful report. I am sure we will read it a few more times before May :)

Hi, Tink,
Susan (gonecrusin) from the EBTA group and on the EBTA with you. Been reading Kevin's TR all day and dreaming. Yes, your dining rotation is on your KTTW. L for Lumiere, A for Animators Palate and P for Parrot Cay. Ours was LPALPAL for the 7 night.

gonecrusin said:
Hi, Tink,
Susan (gonecrusin) from the EBTA group and on the EBTA with you. Been reading Kevin's TR all day and dreaming. Yes, your dining rotation is on your KTTW. L for Lumiere, A for Animators Palate and P for Parrot Cay. Ours was LPALPAL for the 7 night.

Hi Susan - thanks so much, something else I didn't know! :)

Thanks again - enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure you are still here since you haven't posted on this thread in awhile. But I wanted to say thanks for sharing your great TR and amazing photos! I have considered the EBTA and this TR answered many of the questions I had about doing a 14 night cruise. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Just checking back in to say THANK YOU for reading and THANK YOU for all the kind words! This truly was a trip of a lifetime and we think about it often. We're not too sure there will ever be a trip to top this one! If you get a chance to do a transatlantic, I say GO FOR IT! :)

DAY 6 - May 19th, 2011 - Day At Sea #4 (Part 1)

At 9:00 promptly, the alarm went off. Ahhh...another peaceful day at sea ahead of us! At 10:00, we all went upstairs to enjoy another lovely breakfast at Topsider.

My breakfast of champions:

After we ate, we made our way back downstairs. As we walked through the art hallway, I took some pictures of my favorite, well, pictures! (All Don “Ducky” Williams)

We then went to the Promenade Lounge and played some Uno while the Shopping Lady talked. At 11:20, we made our way to the lobby for the “Character Festival.”

Thanks for your detailed TR. I'm enjoying reading about your experiences and am equally impressed with the pics. In 40 days, we'll be sailing on our first DCL cruise. A couple of questions:
- we've done 2 WBTA in the past and appreciated gaining an hour each time. How did you find losing an hour each day?
- my DD3 is very excited to meet the princesses, were the line ups awfully long?

Cheers,
Teri

Thanks for your detailed TR. I'm enjoying reading about your experiences and am equally impressed with the pics. In 40 days, we'll be sailing on our first DCL cruise. A couple of questions:
- we've done 2 WBTA in the past and appreciated gaining an hour each time. How did you find losing an hour each day?
- my DD3 is very excited to meet the princesses, were the line ups awfully long?

Cheers,
Teri

Hi Teri! Thanks for reading!

-Losing an hour each day was...well, weird, haha. We would sleep in later and later each day as the stretch went on. Sometimes we would miss breakfast...oops! By the end of the stretch, our bodies were definitely thankful it was over.

-We found all lines for all characters to be very reasonable! Just show up 5-10 minutes early and you should be all set for the princesses, I would imagine! (Since there aren't as many children on board the longer cruises, it seems to help keep lines down.)

:)

Thank you so much for your wonderful travel log! I wish I was disciplined enough to write every day; I begin with the best intentions then I just let the travel take me away.

Am beginning to pack now, will be taking 8 day Magic out of Galveston with my husband and then I will be traveling by myself transatlantic. My simple question is - what was the weather like during your crossing. Do I need more than one sweatshirt (I get easily bored with clothing). Should I pack an all weather coat, or, did you need a rain coat? Thanks so much!

Have a Magical day!

Am beginning to pack now, will be taking 8 day Magic out of Galveston with my husband and then I will be traveling by myself transatlantic. My simple question is - what was the weather like during your crossing. Do I need more than one sweatshirt (I get easily bored with clothing). Should I pack an all weather coat, or, did you need a rain coat? Thanks so much!

Have a Magical day!

We were very fortunate on this cruise. The weather was warm to hot every day and I don't believe we had rain! I think we packed one sweatshirt and barely used it...it was mainly used indoors since parts of the ship can get pretty chilly (i.e. the movie theater). Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much for the detailed trip report. It has really caused my interest in a TA increase and I might just be booking tomorrow. The only thing I missed was pictures of the cast of characters in your party but I understand privacy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter