14 days of wonderful eating...welcome to my little dining review

I am in love with Wolfgang Puck Express. I just love that quick service restaurant in Downtown Disney. We ate here in 2008, and we wanted to eat here again this year. And we will eat here again this year. :rotfl:

Me

d-97.jpg

Mediterranean Vegetable - A savory blend of fresh goat cheese, mozzarella and Grana Padano Parmesan, sautéed zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant and peppers blended with sun-dried tomatoes and rolled in warm, all-natural garlic focaccia bread. Served with organic mixed baby greens and parmesan chips

d-100.jpg

Frozen Yogurt with strawberry sauce

JF

d-98.jpg

Rigatoni with Chicken Alfredo - fresh artisan rigatoni tossed in Alfredo sauce and sliced all-natural roasted chicken breast, topped with fresh Grana Padano parmesan

d-99.jpg

Creme Brulee

Everything was wonderful! :thumbsup2

For our last meal, we ate at Chef de France. Let's just say that we will not eat here again. The service was perfect, but the food was bland. I was really desapointed in that restaurant. :sad2: The one thing we agreed we liked was that we could choose between 3 choices of a 3 course menu.

d-103.jpg

Me

d-104.jpg

Soupe a l'oignon gratinee - the classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese

d-106.jpg

Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

d-108.jpg

Profiteroles au chocolat -Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

JF

d-105.jpg

Bisque de Homard - Lobster bisque

d-107.jpg

Demi poulet fermier roti, pommes rissolees et tomate grillee - Half of an all-natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and grilled tomato

d-109.jpg

Creme brulee - Vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

I like that you got so many pictures... I don't blame you if you missed a few. I've done the same thing! Sometimes you're just hungry... you don't even think about the camera!

I got a kick outta all that strawberry shortcake! I LOVED the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons... though I can't say that I've ever had more than one in a day! When I went to a conference last year, I got a piece of strawberry shortcake from SS to go, right before I left Epcot to go back to some workshops. I just needed to have a snack for between workshop sessions. Let me tell you, I watched others during our workshop break take out their cheesesticks and granola bars. I took out my strawberry shortcake, and there were quite a few jealous stares! Don't worry, I did my part... I told them where they could get their own. :rotfl:

There is just so much cream in that cheesecake... more cream than cake! That's great with the strawberries! While it tastes so incredible, it's also a bit on the lighter side than other desserts - which leaves a nicer feeling in the stomach than those heavy desserts that taste good but leave you feeling overstuffed.

We had a lot of snacks during our trip and I took pictures of a couple of those wonderful snacks.

Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway)

d-65.jpg

d-66.jpg

Sorry, I don't remember the names and I can't seem to find it on the Internet.

The famous Mickey Ice Cream Bar...I had 2 of these during our trip

d-74.jpg

Boulangerie Patisserie (France)

d-83.jpg

Chocolate mousse & Strawberry tart

Goofy Candy Company

d-10.jpg

Those were tasty! :rotfl:

Aloha Isle

d-16.jpg

Pineapple Float - pineapple Dole Whip with pineapple juice

Starring Rolls Cafe

d-23.jpg

Marble Cupcake

Breakfast at the Pop Century Food Court

d-29.jpg

POP Waffle Platter

d-30.jpg

Breakfast Wrap

That's it all! I hope you enjoyed my reviews and pictures. See you again for another dining review for our upcoming trip in September 2010. :)

Loved all of your pictures and reviews!

We're going to be at Disney at the same time this fall. We arrive Sept. 3rd for 9 nights, also at Pop.

This is the only buffet-style restaurant we ate at during our trip. No, sorry. We ate at Chef Mickeys where I forgot to take pictures of our food. :rolleyes:

So, this is the second buffet-style restaurant then. We have it plan for our 2010 trip. I loved all the food at Boma, and the restaurant is beautiful. I only took pictures of my plate, this year I will try to take pictures of the buffet instead.

First plate

d-75.jpg

Second plate

d-76.jpg

This soup was wonderful, I went back for a second bowl of soup after that plate. :rotfl: It had cheese in it and bacon, that I remember. But, can't find the name anywhere.

Desserts

d-77.jpg

Those zebra domes we delicious!!! I went back for seconds after tasting these babies! :thumbsup2

Holy cow! I am drooling over this Boma food! Now I may have to rethink my ADR's. Darn it - and I was so sure of my picks!! :rotfl:

Boma was soooo good! We will surely eat here again this year. The restaurant is also really beautiful, as well as the hotel. I'm sure you won't regret eating there at all if you make a reservation. :)

We love Sci Fi too! It's the one DD6 asked for over everything else. Even the Castle! :scared1: I'm so excited to try the strawberry shortcake at SS. I LOVE strawberry shortcake and all the pictures I've been seeing of SS's makes me want it NOW!

We're going to be at Disney at the same time this fall. We arrive Sept. 3rd for 9 nights, also at Pop.

Great review....thanks for doing it. I was questioning some of our ADRs but it seems we are spot on!
I also will be there in Sept at Pop but from Sept 5-16. Small world.....after all! :rotfl:

GREAT REVIEWS! I loved that they were to the point and had incredible pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for the pics and reviews.

I really liked your pics and reviews of the sugar-free desserts. I'm not diabetic either, but often prefer sugar-free desserts too (my mom and grandad are diabetic so that has made me more aware of glicemic index and all that)!

What were your snacks at Norway? Were they like a pudding or yogurt?

Thanks for all the great pics! I had several food orgasms while looking through your posts! You definetly helped me make some decisions about where to eat next trip. Weird coincedence, my DH and I were there at the same time as you last year on our honeymoon and we'll be there this year at the same time too! I have to disagree with one review, though. We had an awesome meal at Chefs de France. I had the duck and DH had the steak. And we loved when Remy came and visited us.

Great review!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 Wonderful pics.!!!!!

We are eating at a few of the places you reviewed!!!

Sci-Fi
POP food court
Starring Roll
WC
WPE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter