14 days of wonderful eating...welcome to my little dining review

MellieluvsDisney

I love Orlando
Hello all! And welcome!

In September 2009, me and my boyfriend stayed at the Pop Century Resort for 14 nights with the free dining promotion. Let's just say that we ate a lot of really good food.

Let me introduce ourselves

Me - 33 years old and JF (my boyfriend of 5 wonderful years) 30 years old

125.jpg

It's our 2nd trip to Disney, and we will be back for a 3rd time this coming September.

Here are the restaurants we ate at :

A quick note : I did not get the pictures of some of the restaurants. Most of them will be there

Pop Century Food Court
Planet Hollywood
Columbia Harbour House
Liberty Tree Tavern
ABC Commissary
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Beaches & Cream
Flame Tree BBQ
Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Sunshine Seasons
Le Cellier
Contempo Cafe (no pictures)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sunshine Seasons (2nd time)
Rose & Crown Pub
Chef Mickey (no pictures of food)
Backlot Express
Pizzafari
Boma
Planet Hollywood (2nd time)
Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Grand Floridian Cafe
Starring Rolls Cafe
Tony's Townsquare Restaurant
Wolfgang Puck Express
Chef de France
And some snacks

We arrived at 11 am at the Pop Century Resort. We were starving. We heard that the food at the food court was good. So, we decided to give it a try. We were not desapointed.

Me

d-3.jpg

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

JF

d-5.jpg

Shrimp Lo Mein

And we both got the famous Tie-dyed Cheesecake

d-4.jpg

All of our food was very yummy. I would surely eat here again during our next trip.

We ate here twice during our trip. JF loves this place. I think it's a little too loud, but the food is pretty good.

Me

d-7.jpg

Crab Cakes - Two jumbo lump crabcakes served with mashed potatoes and fresh sautèed vegetables

JF

d-6.jpg

Crab Cakes - Two jumbo lump crabcakes served with baked potato and fresh sautèed vegetables

The crab cakes were delicious. Another great dining experience.

We did get dessert, but I forgot to take a picture. And I really don't remember what we ate anyway.

We ate here in 2008, and we just love that place. One of the best quick service restaurant in MK.

Me & JF

d-11.jpg

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich and Fried Shrimp Basket with chocolate cake and yogurt

Excellent food! We always eat on the second floor overlooking the Haunted Mansion.

Another great food experience, Thanksgiving style. The only thing we didn't like was the mac 'n cheese. A little too "artificial" tasting. The rest was very good, we loved the turkey gravy. We had never had that before, so we loved that with turkey. The little rolls they served at first were TO DIE FOR. I couldn't stop eating those. :rotfl:

Tossed Mixed Greens, served with our special Tavern Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing, and Macaroni and Cheese

d-12.jpg

d-13.jpg

d-14.jpg

d-15.jpg

We will surely eat here again this year.

:thumbsup2Great review! We are planning on going to alot of the places you mentioned! I enjoy the pics., they help me decide of I would like the food!;) Great report!:thumbsup2

Hi! :) Great trip review. The food looks delicious. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting your pictures and I can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

always fantastic to see photos of the food Or even just the reveiws.....I love to hear how everyone enjoys different places...
We were there last September too during free dining.....We stayed at Movies though.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! :)

Let's move on with the show...

ABC Commissary was one of the quick service restaurant that we liked the least.

Me

d-17.jpg

Cheeseburger - with fries and Strawberry Parfait - no sugar added

JF

d-18.jpg

Fried Fish - battered fried fish served with fries and Chocolate Mousse

My cheeseburger wasn't very good. But, JF did like his fried fish. The only good thing about my meal was the strawberry parfait with no sugar added. That little dessert was delicious. I doubt that we will eat here again this year.

Wow, we both loved that place. We arrived 25 minutes before our reservation and we were seated right away. The service was really great, our server was super nice and she gladly took pictures of us in the little blue car. Our meals were fantastic. The only downside : JF ordered a side of onion rings instead of fries, and I think he got like 3 onion rings. But, he said they were pretty good.

Us

d-24.jpg

Me

d-25.jpg

Shrimp Pasta - Bow tie pasta and sauteed shrimp tossed with artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, baby spinach and feta cheese

d-27.jpg

Hot Fudge Sundae - vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry

JF

d-26.jpg

Smoked St. Louis-style Ribs - Basted with barbecue sauce served with cole slaw and onion rings

d-28.jpg

Brownie with Ice Cream and Strawberries

All was very good, and it was a fantastic atmosphere. We will eat again at Sci-Fi this year for sure. :love:

We ended up eating at Beaches & Cream around 8 pm as we were in Sea World all day. Let's just say that we were both tired that day, and we were glad that we chose Beaches & Cream as the service was fast, and that's what we needed that day.

The food was really good, nothing out of the ordinary. But, the desserts were TO DIE FOR!!! :rotfl: I've never had such a big sundae in my life.

Me

d-31.jpg

Turkey Sandwich - Thinly Sliced Deli Roasted Turkey on Multigrain Bun

d-33.jpg

No Way Jose - A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Delight with Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream and a Cherry

JF

d-32.jpg

Roast Beef Sub - Grilled Roast Beef with Au Jus and topped with Provolone Cheese, Grilled Onions, and Peppers

d-34.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake - Slice of Angel Food Cake, Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberry Topping, Whipped Cream, Rainbow Sprinkles and a Cherry

You see, I didn't know we could take any dessert we wanted off the menu, so having heard so much about the no way jose sundae, I gave it a try. I just didn't know it was that big!!!:scared1: But, oh, it was heaven on earth I tell ya!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter