14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!

Love the reviews and the pictures.

I too like the DDP, when a large percentage of our holiday cost is flights from the UK, free DDP makes the holiday affordable.

Me, partner and my son are having a foody trip in April and will try and remember to take pics and make notes.

Time for dessert (like we needed it :rolleyes:)

rrfluffylemonclouds2.jpg

Ok, confession time ... when this was placed in front of me, I immediately picked up the spoon and took a bite. DH said "wait a minute, you didn't take a picture!" D'oh! I didn't want to post a pic with a bite out of it so DH said, "here, cover the evidence with the leaf". :lmao: I knew you wouldn't be fooled so I figured I better fess up. :blush:

and just a thunk.... next time you engage spoon before camera.... you could try rotating the plate 180 degrees :) .... the leaf will have far more effect and no fessing required :cool2:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

AWESOME! review!!! I enjoyed every page! The pics were wonderful!:goodvibes

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed them! :goodvibes

Love the reviews and the pictures.

I too like the DDP, when a large percentage of our holiday cost is flights from the UK, free DDP makes the holiday affordable.

Me, partner and my son are having a foody trip in April and will try and remember to take pics and make notes.

Your trip is getting close, I'll bet you're starting to get excited! :cool1: Have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing your pics and reading about your trip! :thumbsup2

and just a thunk.... next time you engage spoon before camera.... you could try rotating the plate 180 degrees :) .... the leaf will have far more effect and no fessing required :cool2:

LOL! You know, I honestly did think of that. After I took the one I posted, I turned the plate and took another shot. Unfortunately, that was one of the photos that didn't turn out well at all. Raglan Road is challenging for food pics, at least where we were sitting that night. So there was no getting around it ... I had to confess my sins. :blush:

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

l've really enjoyed reading your dining report. Thanks for posting it all and taking all the photos. :cool1:

Happy to give this a bump, and to ask: since this was first posted, has anyone figured out where we might all obtain our own Alessios? :genie:

We were up bright and early today, looking forward to a wonderful day at Epcot. We grabbed a quick cup of coffee and were at the bus stop by 8:20. An Epcot bus pulled up within a few minutes and we were at the park by 8:40. After the opening presentation, we made a beeline to The Land, got our fastpasses for Soarin' and then rode standby. Love that ride! Since we hadn't had anything to eat and we had some time to kill before we could use our fastpasses, we decided to grab something from Sunshine Seasons. We didn't want anything too big as we had an 11:30 ADR for Le Cellier so we decided to split a serving of Croissant Berry Pudding. Now I've heard some amazing things about this here on the DIS, but I have to say we were very disappointed with it. It was only lukewarm, dry and virtually tasteless. It would have benefitted greatly if it was served with some kind of sauce, but I didn't see any at the station where we ordered it and I didn't think to grab any syrup. We only had a few bites and then trashed the rest. Anyone out there who has tried this and loved it, can you tell me what I'm missing? Is there a berry sauce or something that should go with it or did we just get a bad batch?

ssberrybreadpudding.jpg

It even looks dry. :sad2:

This gets a 2/5. It wasn't good at all and I don't think I'd try it again. It wasn't worth the money or the calories.

Lunch was at Le Cellier. :love:

epcotcanada2.jpg

epcotcanada.jpg

Love the grounds here!

After we were seated and placed our order, the wonderful bread selection was served.

lcbread.jpg

Pretzel bread, sourdough and multigrain, served with unsalted butter. I just had the pretzel bread, but DH also enjoyed the sourdough.

I decided to try the Martini Flight, which consisted of three different martinis: the Sassy Berry, Godiva Chocolate and Blueberry. Overall, I'd give this drink a 3/5.

lcmartiniflight.jpg

The Sassy Berry was my favourite, it was semi-sweet and refreshing. The Godiva Chocolate would make a great dessert drink as it was super sweet and the blueberry was my least favourite. It was very strong tasting with a pronounced alcohol flavour. Loved the light up glow cube though, LOL. DH ordered a Labatt's Blue, which really hit the spot on this hot, humid day.

I knew what I wanted before we arrived, LOL!

lcfiletwpotatoes.jpg

The Le Cellier Mushroom Filet. I had mine with cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the risotto this time. I love them both, but I was in more of a potato mood that day. This was absolutely amazing!! The filet was incredibly tender and cooked to a perfect medium. The cream cheese mashed potatoes should be an official food group IMHO, they were creamy, hot and delicious. I ate every bite of this and managed to restrain myself before I licked the plate. :love: 5/5

DH had the filet as well, but ordered his with steak fries and had the mushrooms and truffle butter sauce on the side. He's not a big fan of any kind of sauce so he poured the mushrooms on his steak and used the sauce very sparingly. He said his steak was also cooked perfectly and was very tender. He enjoyed the fries, they were crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside. 4/5

lcfiletwfries.jpg

Sorry for the crowded picture, but we were at a small 2-top and there was just no room to move things out of the way.

For dessert, I wanted something light, so I ordered the seasonal sorbet, which was Lychee.

lclycheesorbet.jpg

This was just OK. I found the flavour rather strange, almost flower-like. Maybe I just don't like lychee but I don't think I'd order it again. 2/5

Frank had the chocolate "moose" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

lcmoose.jpg

He gives it 4/5.

Overall, Le Cellier gets a 4/5 from us. We both really enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent. Our water glasses were never empty and the food was served piping hot. We'll be back!! :thumbsup2

This meal was 2 table service credits. Out of pocket cost would have been $81.86 without the alcohol or tip. The drinks were $23.16.

Up next: Tokyo Dining

Mm mm mm sassy berry!

I just stumbled on your review. Love some of your dessert and drink choices!

That teapot at Yak and Yeti is adorable!

Love those yummy shrimps at CHH.

Those cupcakes at Contempo look SO good.

It's nice to see a review for Boatwright's, since you don't often see that restaurant reviewed. I hope someday to try it; we had it booked two years ago but ended up cancelling because we were "stuck" in Epcot.

Ok that's it for now! I'll finish reading your reviews later. :hippie:

Enjoyed reading through your DRs, thanks for all the great pics!

You're very welcome, thanks so much for reading and leaving a comment! :goodvibes

Happy to give this a bump, and to ask: since this was first posted, has anyone figured out where we might all obtain our own Alessios? :genie:

LOL!! Not that I've heard about, sadly. I think there would be quite a long line for that particular "attraction". ;)

Thanks for reading!

Mm mm mm sassy berry!

It was definitely the best of the three! Unfortunately, the other two were quite mediocre.

I just stumbled on your review. Love some of your dessert and drink choices!

That teapot at Yak and Yeti is adorable!

I loved it! I wish they sold them somewhere, I'd definitely be bringing one home. It poured really well too. Dribbly tea pots are a pet peeve of mine, lol.

Love those yummy shrimps at CHH.

DH thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm determined to try something other than the tuna sandwich next time we visit CHH. Those shrimp or the salmon entree are on my "must try" list. :thumbsup2

Those cupcakes at Contempo look SO good.

They were amazing, 100% recommended!

It's nice to see a review for Boatwright's, since you don't often see that restaurant reviewed. I hope someday to try it; we had it booked two years ago but ended up cancelling because we were "stuck" in Epcot.

We've had great experiences at Boatwright's, the food and service has always been wonderful. Going to the lounge afterward for a nightcap and catching a performance by Yeehaw Bob is a great ending to the evening too!

Ok that's it for now! I'll finish reading your reviews later. :hippie:

Thanks so much for reading and for your comments! :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

We are in the process of scheduling our ADRs for our 2nd WDW trip this November and this was both some good new news and some information I had forgotten from our own first trip.

My son really wants to go back to Yak and Yeti so those screen shots of dessert cinched the deal for him :)

Also, been trying to go to Kona Cafe for a few years, but the pictures of the pork chop are very good and the Tery Steak sounds divine.

Thanks,

I've just read the whole report and yum! You like the same places and food that I do, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

We are in the process of scheduling our ADRs for our 2nd WDW trip this November and this was both some good new news and some information I had forgotten from our own first trip.

My son really wants to go back to Yak and Yeti so those screen shots of dessert cinched the deal for him :)

Also, been trying to go to Kona Cafe for a few years, but the pictures of the pork chop are very good and the Tery Steak sounds divine.

Thanks,

You're very welcome and thanks for your comments and taking the time to leave a message. I've got another trip coming up in 12 days (but who's counting? :rolleyes1) and comments like yours inspire me to do it again, LOL! Seriously, I'm very happy you found my reviews helpful and I hope you have a wonderful trip in November! :goodvibes

I've just read the whole report and yum! You like the same places and food that I do, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Thank you for your kind words and I'm very happy you enjoyed my report! Great to find a foodie kindred spirit! :thumbsup2

Thank you both for reading. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter